2016 NBA Summerball Season

buzzcut

Since there's only one more day of this, let's get this offseason show on the road for those not in search of Larry O'Brien.

MofnV2z.png

The CCSLC's resident Geelong Cats fan.

Viva La Vida or Death And All His Friends. Sounds like something from a Rocky & Bullwinkle story arc.

George Karl was the wrong coach for this team.  Ranadive also needs to hire a competent basketball operations department and stop meddling in that end of the business otherwise the Kings will continue to be a dumpster fire and (after the newness wears off) he'll have a lot of empty seats to deal with in his nice new building.

The Bulls are arguably one of the most unlikeable franchises in the NBA.  The roster and coaching staff will look almost exactly the same going into next year despite their utter failure and toxic organization because [/reinsdorf].

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

• 2 weeks later...

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

34 minutes ago, DG_Now said:

There are a couple of problems and both have the last name Buss.

1- What's going to be the role of Jim Buss this off-season and will he and Mitch Kupcheck actually have a good free agent period.

2- If #1 doesn't work, will Jeanie Buss, who gets a pass after calling free agents who didn't want to play with Kobe "losers", get her man back so Luke will have to deal with a GM who wants the Triangle offense in the era of space & pace.

Quin Snyder's contract has been extended.

http://www.nba.com/jazz/news/jazz-announce-snyder-contract-extension

I'm really glad to see this. With all the coaching carousel and quick let-go that seems to happen in the league, I was hoping the Jazz wouldn't be short on Snyder. He's been the highlight and best part of the team, I feel, over the last two seasons and though no coach is perfect, I don't really chalk up any of the finish-the-freaking-game problems the Jazz have had lately to him at all, as that's more of a youth thing. The fact the Jazz have even been in positions to win at all these days are a huge indicator of improvements under Snyder. And as the article mentions, the defense has been very, very good since.

Now hopefully the team can reach its full potential eventually, because as good a coach as Snyder is now, that young core at its best under his helm is scary

CCSLC%20Signature_1.png

Probably a good hire. I'm surprised they didn't go with Patrick Ewing though. I would imagine a retired surly center would be the best option to connect with your roster's current surly center.

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

1 hour ago, ninersdd said:

Kings will hire canned Grizzlies coach Dave Joerger.

Joerger got $2M to leave Memphis on Saturday and got a 4 year contract which he will not finish in Sacramento on Monday.

Not bad, but it's still a horrible situation.

He had to answer any questions during his interview with:"Well, I made the playoffs this season while using 28 guys on the roster, plus I dealt with Zach Randolph and Matt Barnes daily."

Well, to be fair to Randolph, he has toned down the questionable behavior he once had in Portland...but your point absolutely still stands.

But yeah, Joerger has at least four problem children to deal with--Cousins, Rondo, Vlade, and Ranadive.  Hey, at least he gets to help christen a shiny new arena.

28 minutes ago, MadmanLA said:

Well, to be fair to Randolph, he has toned down the questionable behavior he once had in Portland...but your point absolutely still stands.

But yeah, Joerger has at least four problem children to deal with--Cousins, Rondo, Vlade, and Ranadive.  Hey, at least he gets to help christen a shiny new arena.

Only three as Rondo is a free agent, but you could keep it at four as Joerger is reunited with another coach killer...Rudy Gay.

http://hoopshype.com/salaries/sacramento_kings/

Good point about Rondo. If Phil wasn't there he'd be a shoo-in for the Knicks.

Scott Skiles is one and done in Orlando...he submitted his resignation this morning to the Magic.

That's another decent young team that's on the cusp to be good.  Skiles is another guy that seems to be burn out rather quick (a la Doug Collins), and is also known as a redass too (even moreso than when he was a player...just ask Shaq).  I have a gut feeling that he'll wind up in Memphis--their playing style plus Skiles' coaching match-up pretty well, although the Memphis Commercial Appeal is reporting that the Grizzlies may consider bringing back Lionel Hollins as head coach.

2 hours ago, MadmanLA said:

Scott Skiles is one and done in Orlando...he submitted his resignation this morning to the Magic.

That's another decent young team that's on the cusp to be good.  Skiles is another guy that seems to be burn out rather quick (a la Doug Collins), and is also known as a redass too (even moreso than when he was a player...just ask Shaq).  I have a gut feeling that he'll wind up in Memphis--their playing style plus Skiles' coaching match-up pretty well, although the Memphis Commercial Appeal is reporting that the Grizzlies may consider bringing back Lionel Hollins as head coach.

Hollins is to get $4M+ from the Nets for next season, so I really don't see much sense for him at age 63, to return to the team whose current management fired him. 

Chris Wallace, the Grizzlies GM who hired him, is still there, but he has little to no power. 

Stay away from the dysfunction, Lionel. 

Archived