DaRadniz29

2016 NHL Stanley Cup Playoffs Wallpaper ( Stanley Cup Final - Game 3 Results)

So the 2016 NHL Stanley Cup Playoffs begins on Wednesday.

I had an idea to include all game scores, but couldn’t get the right look and feel, so decided to use lasy year’s template and it’s much simpler.  I plan on using the same/similar template for the NBA playoffs wallpaper once the matchups are finalized.  

Here’s this year’s field:

Stanley Cup Final - Game 3

Stanley Cup Final - Game 2

Stanley Cup Final - Game 1

b3hT0S5.png

Round 1 (mostly Daily Results) Round 1 - Day 10 Round 1- Day 8 Round 1 - Day 7 Round 1 - Day 5 Round 1 - Day 4 Round 1 - Day 3 Round 1 - Day 2 Round 1

Round 2 (Results) Round 2 - Day 16 Round 2 - Day 15 Round 2 - Day 12 Round 2 - Day 10 Round 2 - Day 3 Round 2 - Day 1

Round 3 (Results) Round 3 Conference Finals Round 3 Conference Finals - Day 13 Round 3 Conference Finals - Day 12 Round 3 Conference Finals - Day 11

Round 3 Conference Finals - Day 10 Round 3 Conference Finals - Day 9Round 3 Conference Finals - Day 8Round 3 Conference Finals - Day 6 Round 3 Conference Finals - Day 4

NHL.com had Florida logo in  blue circle, but the Panthers I always thought of blue as a secondary color considering their “back in red” campaign a few years ago.  Anaheim I had in an orange background for orange county and I considered it this year, but black is their primary color and I though it was less of an eye strain with Nashville’s bubble in gold. I also though about putting the Penguins logo with the throwback gold, but wasn’t sure. if majority says go for one of the following, I’ll change it. 

Here’s the Anaheim Orange/Gold bubbles and Pittsburgh Throwback gold bubble:

mhrzZwO.png

cRucTuC.png

Bne23U0.png

Tomorrow night after the first day of games, I may release a spreadsheet file with teams and game scores, we’ll see how it looks. :)

8 hours ago, ahowe6464 said:

Hopefully you can make a poster with the sharks as champions :D

Yeah that is the goal and would be awesome! If the Sharks are going to win the cup with this core group, this year, I believe is their best chance as they have more depth than I think they’ve ever had. The Kings, though, are still a tough and physical team that can wear you down, not to mention they have some scary scoring threats. Hopefully it will be a good series and the Sharks can prevail. :)

Updated Bracket to reflect results for Day 2.  

Woohoo go Sharks ?? (edit I know those are whales but they don't have a shark emoji)

I would definitely go with the Pens in throwback gold, seeing as the unis they'll be wearing in the playoffs will use that color.

Anyways, fantastic design!  Everything is awesome; favorite part is the pucks representing wins in the series.

7 hours ago, Crabcake47 said:

I would definitely go with the Pens in throwback gold, seeing as the unis they'll be wearing in the playoffs will use that color.

Anyways, fantastic design!  Everything is awesome; favorite part is the pucks representing wins in the series.

Thanks, I just reused my template from last year, and changed out the Stanley Cup Playoffs logo and got rid of the text on each side of the faceoff circle to make it easier to see.  Yeah, I think the pucks representing wins in the series came as a suggestion from the boards here in one of the previous years and I thought it was an awesome idea.

Updated Day 8 results.  Sharks hold on to defeat Kings 3-2. Stars take Game 4 in Minnesota.  Florida ties up series in Brooklyn and the Flyers send it back to DC with a 2-1 Game 4 victory.

#BeatLA

8 hours ago, DaRadniz29 said:

Updated Day 8 results.  Sharks hold on to defeat Kings 3-2. Stars take Game 4 in Minnesota.  Florida ties up series in Brooklyn and the Flyers send it back to DC with a 2-1 Game 4 victory.

Finally sharks win at home

Here is my round 1 predictions so far

DAL V MIN: Dallas wins tomorrow, winning the series 4-1

STL V CHI: Chicago wins next game but the Blues win series 4-2

ANA V NAS: the Mighty Ducks win the next 2 and game goes to 7 but Music City wins 4-3

LA V SJ: LA wins the next 2 forcing game 7 in LA, but the Sharks road is to strong and wins 4-3

WAS V PHI: this series is still going on? Caps win 4-1

PIT V NYR: Rangers have talent, so does Pittsburgh, but I see the Pens winning 4-2

FL V NYI: The 7th seed beating the 2nd seed? Looks like the Raptors won't be alone this year, Isles win 4-3

TB V DET: Detroit struggles through a close one tonight but Tampa wins 4-2

Updated Bracket to reflect the Game 7 result where Nashville survives against Anaheim, and in Round 2 the Islanders take Game 1 in Tampa.

Let's go Sharks #SmashNash 

Updated Round 2, Day 10 results.  Got a little behind, but should be back on track now.  

The Stanley Cup Playoffs roll on and is set to start the Conference Finals on Friday night in Pittsburgh.  OP update with last day of Round 2 results and Round 3 matchups.  Go Sharks!!

Updated OP for Round 3 - Conference Finals Day 4 Results.  

Updated OP for Round 3 Conference Finals - Day 12.  The San Jose Sharks advance to their first ever trip to the Stanley Cup Final!!  

LETS GO SHARKS!!!!!! ?????? 

Updated OP to reflect Stanley Cup Final - Game 3 Results.