Spanna65

The Eximius Foedus- Fictional Country's Soccer League - 12/12

Hello everyone! Thought I'd post my own fictional country thingy. The name of it is Spensàr, and it's an island nation of 30 million people in the pacific. It was discovered in the early 1600s by the French, hence naming it Spainsar, because of the lands similarity in climate to the Mediterranean country. After few failed attempts at colonization,the land was seemingly forgotten until the late 1800s.The English, colonized the country and took the name Spainsar for there own, slightly altering the spelling and adding the accent on the letter a to acknowledge the land's previous custodians, the French.

Because of there colonization, most of Spensàr speaks English and is white,though natives were/are treated with more respect than in previous historical situations. The country gained Independence in 2002.

Untitled-3.png

Anyway, onto the thread. The I-Buy Eximius Foedus ( Latin for Super League,) is the top division of Spensarian soccer, the country's third most popular sport. 12 teams compete in 22 rounds and the top 6 at the end of the season's duration are put in a playoff system, with the final surviving 4 teams given positions in the WFA Championship. The bottom two teams in the league are relegated to the Spensarian Second Division. My fictional sporting apparel wear company, Spanna Athletic, manufacture the uniforms league wide.

Here's a bit of a league map, I'll get into some of the country's background in future posts. Spensar has 16 states, and an underline indicates that the city is the capital of that state.

Spoiler

mapofspensar2.png

EDIT- Antley is meant to be split into 2 different states. I'll fix it.

Westingham Forrest will be up later tonight.

eximiusfoedusfinal.png

Here's Westingham Forrest

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Westingham Forrest

Home venue- Palmtree Park

2015 position- 1st in Division 2

Eximius Foedus championships- 0

Westingham Forrest, or "The Burras" as they are dubbed by there supporters, has really struggled to find consistency both on and off the field in the Eximius Foedus. The team, though not blessed with the mightiest of bankrolls, still couldn't progress past Division 2 for 5 years. And after 4 different managers in that tumultuous period, they finally managed to return back into the Eximius Foedus for the 2016 season. With that recent success and the need to put behind the previous 5 seasons of mediocre displays, they were given a modernistic re-brand and upgrade on the dated Kookaburra emblazoned on the club's logo.

Air conditioning business Belair is the team's major partner, replacing Standard Bank.

westinghamforrestall.thumb.png.2c66446dc

Spoiler

Bigger logo

westinghamforrestlogo.png.e739c9e1686eb1

C&C is appreciated.

Great start!  Looking forward to where this goes.   At some point, there's going to need to be a "Champions League" made up of the best and brightest of each of the fictional leagues created.  

Yes!  I was wondering if you would post this.  I love the new league logo, and I can't wait to see Stanly City!

Thanks guys! I have FC Antley finished and ready to post as well.

Once I've actually completed a few teams, I'll be doing some Match day posts- a bit like XenonDesigns's Monarch PL and Gswansea's WFA Championship. It should be good fun.

Team #2

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

FC Antley

Home venue- Ports Arena (29,000)

2015 position- Runner Up (Lost to Stanly in penalty shootouts)

Eximius Foedus championships- 3 (1994,1996,2007)

For a team who has been so successful in the Eximius Foedus, Antley has struggled to deliver on the big stage. In the 26 seasons of the tournament, Antley has made the Final 8 times, for just three victories. Evidence of this is the 2015 Final against Stanly City. Being one of the league's highest scoring teams, they were reduced to 0 goals in normal and extra time, eventually falling in penalties. They always seem to be in the top half of the ladder though, and qualified for the 2015/16 WFA Championship thanks to that 2nd place finish. The club itself- has never been relegated from the Eximius Foedus and is one of the oldest, being founded in 1907 by 4 Germans Immigrants as "The Reds" in Burchester, Antley.  For the first 20 years of there existence they played solely as amateurs, until they joined the National Soccer Federation, slowly growing to compete semi professionally in the competition up until its demise in the late 1980s. Due to the club's rich history and high stature, they were invited to join the new tiered system in the top division, being the Eximius Foedus, though it was originally known as just "The Premiership". ( Previously all of the teams in the Federation would organize friendlies against each other, and at the end of the year a World Cup style tournament was arranged.)

The club wore a Galtasaray style kit for there 1996 and 2007 triumphs, but more recently has the team moved to a Blue and Gold sash reflecting the club's logo. The Clash kit is a slight nod to the Championship winners of 2007, the striping on it similar to the kits design, except on a white base. Sports drink giant Colade has resumed  its second year of sponsorship on the teams kits, replacing 2013's Enercon electrical solutions.

Bigger picture of the logo-

Spoiler

antleylogo2.thumb.png.7ccb3795b22f1831df

The German on the crest reads "The Torch: be yours to hold it high."

antleyall.thumb.png.30ccba2911e46bdfc280

C&C is appreciated.

04/15 Socks update

antleyall2.thumb.png.8ff064ad3dba658a101

Nothing for FC Antley?

If so, tomorrow I move onto Sentrumia Athletic.

Love the colour scheme! I think this is an exciting series thusfar. Closest things I have to a criticism are that the league logo looks odd right at the front of the collar, and that a team like Antley with such an iconic striping should probably have more exciting/colourful socks. Otherwise, I think this is a delight!

Great start so far, I always love a good fictional country. Both teams look great, especially Forrest, but I think you should switch the crest and the manufacturer logo around, unless there's a reason for having it as it is.

10 hours ago, jmoe12 said:

Great start so far, I always love a good fictional country. Both teams look great, especially Forrest, but I think you should switch the crest and the manufacturer logo around, unless there's a reason for having it as it is.

Yeah, I'm not sure why I've done that. I guess it's a bit different, so I might just keep it for now lol.  Keeps some eccentricities in the league.

10 hours ago, alexandre said:

Love the colour scheme! I think this is an exciting series thusfar. Closest things I have to a criticism are that the league logo looks odd right at the front of the collar, and that a team like Antley with such an iconic striping should probably have more exciting/colourful socks. Otherwise, I think this is a delight!

I'll see what I can do with the Antley socks. Glad to see your enjoying the series.

Just updated Antley's socks on the original post.Let me know your thoughts. Sentrumia Athletic up later today.

Sentrumia Athletic

Home venue- TAB Park (25,000)

2015 position- 9th

Eximius Foedus championships- 1 (2013)

Based in Spensàr's capital city, the Athletics have endured a roller coaster ride, much like the terms of some of the Politicians based there. Consistently mid-table, the Athletics are the club some support in jest. The club was formed as the creatively named "Central Soccer Club" and competed in the first Eximius Foedus season in 1989, forming from a league initiative to bring Soccer to the nation's capital. Interest early on began to dwindle however, and after a surprising 3rd placed finish in the inaugural season, the teams performance deterred, playing in Division 2 until 1998. Since then, they've only dropped out of the league twice, as administrators try to stamp down a winning culture. Apart of this was a complete rebrand of the club, rebranding to Sentrumia Athletic.

Unable to hold developing players due to there subsequent lack of form, in 2015 they lost star Striker and home-grown talent Marx Webber to Stanly City. However in 2016 they boast leading attacking midfielder Ryan Stokes, leading many to believe things could be beginning to turn around for the "Baby Blues. 

However, unlike there other "friends" in town, City Cobras, who were relegated from the Eximius Foedus last season, they have one title to there name, coming from a 1-0 victory over Division 2 mainstays, the Eastvale S.C in the 2013 Final. 

Sentrumia's colours come from the Spensarian National colours, with the Club's emblem displaying parts of the National Seal and Flag. The crown on top of the roundel represents the time Spensàr was under the British crown. The teams away kit is green to help recognize club sponsor Clark Labs, who search for sustainable einvironmental solutions for businesses and families.

sentrumiaathleticall.thumb.png.9c3de421d

Spoiler

sentrumiaathletic.thumb.png.37807cf76f2b

Once again, C&C is welcome. Citizens Soccer Club are up next.

Anything before I move on?

2 minutes ago, XenonDesigns said:

Great work all around! The crest is very nice! Is this Berlin Wall's template? 

Thank you! Nah, the template is my own. Traced it off a few of those 3D kit reveal things and a few other images. Still needs some tinkering but I'd be happy to upload it if you want it.

15 minutes ago, Spanna65 said:

Thank you! Nah, the template is my own. Traced it off a few of those 3D kit reveal things and a few other images. Still needs some tinkering but I'd be happy to upload it if you want it.

If it's a PSD I'd probably use it for my APL series! I could possibly convert a gimp or inkscape too. 

6 minutes ago, XenonDesigns said:

If it's a PSD I'd probably use it for my APL series! I could possibly convert a gimp or inkscape too. 

Yeah its a PSD, and I'd be happy to upload it. Just need to get a couple of texture layers looking right before I do.

Citizens SC ( Formely Eastern Eagles)

Home venue- Victoria Stadium (35,443)

2015 position- 6th

Eximius Foedus championships- 3 (1999,2001,2010)

The Citizens Soccer Club are an original Eximius Foedus team, and is one of the most successful clubs in the league's history. The club is based in the Two team town of Stramworth on the East Coast of Spensar, and shares a particularly strong rivalry with cross-town club Stramworth FC. The two teams play for "The Bell" trophy, after one fan in an early clash announced the winning team would get to keep the bell hanging in the historic landmark of the Stramworth Bell Tower. Of course, this wasn't true, but the Bell remained an unofficial part of games between the two. The Eagles had a particularly good era of 4 years form 1998 to 2001, where the team won two championships and finished in the top 6 teams all 4 seasons. Since the club was announced to join the early Eximius Foedus in 1989, the team has never been relegated and remains a title threat year after year.

With the team being such highly sought after, Ridale based financial institution Citizens Bank bought and rebranded the team with there corporate colours for the 2016 season.This naturally offended long time club supporters, with many protesting the decision outside of the team's home venue . Some claimed the club's large supporter came from the club's original name, because it represented the entire state and not just the city it was based in ( like Stramworth FC) and that the decision would rip the soul from the club. Time will tell if this becomes truth. Newspaper group Herald Daily was sold the uniform sponsorship for the 2016 season.

citizensscall.png

The champions, Stanly City, are next.

I like the idea behind Citizens.  My only critique would be to remove the line separating the letters.  Good work so far.  Can't wait to see Stanly!