DarkKnight

Stadium Series

Recommended Posts

Hello all, I am a high school student that likes to design sports stadiums, mainly baseball. I will begin to post my work in this thread, and I might throw in some logos every now and then on top of the stadiums. With that being said, here is my progress on my first stadium. I would like some help in naming the team, color scheme, and naming the stadium. That way, I can create a logo and add some unique elements into the stadium. I will continue to update my progress, and this stadium shouldn't take to long to finish. 570e4d08193af_ScreenShot2016-04-13at8.37

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, DarkKnight said:

this stadium shouldn't take to long to finish. 

I think I speak for most of us here in that the mere fact that you CAN finish a stadium is an amazing accomplishment we aren't capable of.  

 

That said, welcome aboard!  The stadium looks great so far.  What program do you use to create these?  

 

As far as naming, colors, etc, what sort of overall concept are you looking at?  Are you planning on creating a whole league with a variety of different stadiums?  Will you be incorporating those colors and logos into the stadium design?  If you poke around through enough threads here, you'll see that there's a ton of different ways you can go with this, from super-simple, to incredibly complex.   What are your design goals for yourself?  Looking to make this a career, or just having some fun?  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, darkpiranha said:

I think I speak for most of us here in that the mere fact that you CAN finish a stadium is an amazing accomplishment we aren't capable of.  

 

That said, welcome aboard!  The stadium looks great so far.  What program do you use to create these?  

 

As far as naming, colors, etc, what sort of overall concept are you looking at?  Are you planning on creating a whole league with a variety of different stadiums?  Will you be incorporating those colors and logos into the stadium design?  If you poke around through enough threads here, you'll see that there's a ton of different ways you can go with this, from super-simple, to incredibly complex.   What are your design goals for yourself?  Looking to make this a career, or just having some fun?  

Thanks for the feedback! I use sketchup make to create the stadiums. I think I could come up with some names, and I would like to just keep creating stadiums into an MLB type system with minor league teams, that way I can finish some stadiums faster. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

When I first clicked I expected some NHL jerseys, but this is way better. Well done!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I thought it looks like if you got this idea from Dick Will wiffleball field in Cincinnati, Ohio. Cuz of the seating in the outfield area rather than behind the home plate, but hey what you did is awesome! 

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, JMtexan09 said:

I thought it looks like if you got this idea from Dick Will wiffleball field in Cincinnati, Ohio. Cuz of the seating in the outfield area rather than behind the home plate, but hey what you did is awesome! 

 

 

 

No, what I first posted was a 1/10 completed model of what I currently Have

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Here are 2 updated shots of what I have done so far. I have a few more additions to do and then it should be done!570ed57ad764a_ScreenShot2016-04-13at6.24570ed585cd6c8_ScreenShot2016-04-13at6.24

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Dang thats really good, I wish MLB stadiums would use stadium designs like that instead of the huge ones they use.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, NoE38 said:

Good job with the designs!

How long does it take for you to make a stadium like this?

Thanks man! I made this one today, I started in the morning worked on it most of the day, but some could take me 2-3 days or longer. 

 

 

Thank you all for all the great feedback!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

yaaaay sketchup stadium posse grows B)

 

actual crit:

need to figure out those upper-deck portals. they be massive and dont actually look accessible with the aisles. also, are the sightlines legit?

seeing it on a street grid for its context in the neighborhood would be cool.

 

if thats your first stadium then its epic! my first stadium looked like a picasso.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Commodore Crablegs said:

yaaaay sketchup stadium posse grows B)

 

actual crit:

need to figure out those upper-deck portals. they be massive and dont actually look accessible with the aisles. also, are the sightlines legit?

seeing it on a street grid for its context in the neighborhood would be cool.

 

if thats your first stadium then its epic! my first stadium looked like a picasso.

Thanks! As for the upper deck portals, I went with a kind of unique design, and that's something I'll have to work with as I go along with making other stadiums, but hopefully I'll figure it out. They're 15ft wide in this stadium, and for the sake of time, I didn't make step ups for the seats, just one flat surface with textures to make it look 3D (for the sake of time). I'm not very good with the neighborhood/cityscape stuff, but I might throw in some skyscraper looking buildings just to add to the overall appearance of the stadium, but nothing much (again for the sake of time). Thanks for the great feedback, always looking to get better!

 

Edit: This is my first stadium that I've shared with anyone, and also the first one I've done to this detail and scale, but I've progressed from drawing them by hand on graph paper to designing them on here over the last couple months.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, DarkKnight said:

Thanks! As for the upper deck portals, I went with a kind of unique design, and that's something I'll have to work with as I go along with making other stadiums, but hopefully I'll figure it out. They're 15ft wide in this stadium, and for the sake of time, I didn't make step ups for the seats, just one flat surface with textures to make it look 3D (for the sake of time). I'm not very good with the neighborhood/cityscape stuff, but I might throw in some skyscraper looking buildings just to add to the overall appearance of the stadium, but nothing much (again for the sake of time). Thanks for the great feedback, always looking to get better!

i dig.

what i meant though is that your portals open out to the edge of the upperdeck. so if you walked out of the portal you'd fall onto the field level!

 

flat textures can work fine. heck, its what i used to do:

old-ass-ballpark.jpg

 

also, the neighborhood places the ballpark firmly within its own reality. i tend to think those few bldgs there add to the sense of place more than a white void would.

im always looking to 'sell' the concept, with anything to help you (the audience) 'buy' this reality. every little bit helps!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Commodore Crablegs said:

i dig.

what i meant though is that your portals open out to the edge of the upperdeck. so if you walked out of the portal you'd fall onto the field level!

 

flat textures can work fine. heck, its what i used to do:

old-ass-ballpark.jpg

 

also, the neighborhood places the ballpark firmly within its own reality. i tend to think those few bldgs there add to the sense of place more than a white void would.

im always looking to 'sell' the concept, with anything to help you (the audience) 'buy' this reality. every little bit helps!

Yeah I'll fix it in my next one. Thanks for the feedback on that! I'm currently working on a little backdrop for this one, so hopefully it turns out well!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Alright, after a day of work, this first ballpark is finally done. It doesn't really have a name, but I will try to assign a name/team to each ballpark from hear on out. With that being said, here are a few shots of my first official stadium! 

Note: I take no credit for the background buildings, I found them on the sketchup warehouse website, and decided to use them, but once again, they aren't mine and I don't take any credit for them. 

570efafd9121c_ScreenShot2016-04-13at9.00

Here's a shot from right behind home plate in the upper deck

570efb4366d1d_ScreenShot2016-04-13at9.01

This one is from on top of the skyscraper over the left-center wall

570efb675579f_ScreenShot2016-04-13at9.02

View from home plate, notice the nice batters eye

570efb917ad0a_ScreenShot2016-04-13at9.02

View from the restaurant down the right field line

570efb9560d95_ScreenShot2016-04-13at9.04

Aerial view of the stadium few things I want to point out

  • Dimensions
    • Left - 330'
    • Center - 403'
    • Right - 310'
  • Restaurants/Specialty Vendors 
    • Right field line
    • Over center field wall
  • Big open space in the outfield concourse for special food vendors, kids fun area, wiffleball field, etc.
  • Gate locations
    • First base line
    • Third base line
    • Right field foul pole
    • Left field line
    • Left field

Thanks for all the great feedback, and I should be able to start the next stadium in the next few days!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

wow amazing works, dude

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just as an idea. Your stadiums will have to support different events

 

Examples

- Concerts

- Wrestlemania

- NHL Stadium Series

- Race of Champions

- Monster Energy Supercross

- Olympics

Maybe you can show what each Stadium will be like In each config (or at least 3 of them

 

Just an idea. Awesome designs though.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.