A Sketchup Stadium Academy Omnibus Thread

Thazer

Guest darkpiranha
3 hours ago, GeauxColonels said:

Ah ok, I didn't realize that Visualizer was the software that created the lighting. 

I may hold off for a while to learn sketchup....and hopefully they release a compatible 2016 plugin in the near future.

Why wait?  As you can see, even the output straight from SketchUp looks pretty cool.   This thread has some suggestions for other free renderers.  http://forums.sketchup.com/t/best-quality-renderer-that-wont-bankrupt-me/18051/10

18 hours ago, darkpiranha said:

Why wait?  As you can see, even the output straight from SketchUp looks pretty cool.   This thread has some suggestions for other free renderers.  http://forums.sketchup.com/t/best-quality-renderer-that-wont-bankrupt-me/18051/10

Thanks. I'll take a look at those. I guess what I was getting at was that I want to be proficient enough in building out structures in SketchUp so that when the time comes to render, they'll look presentable.

gYH2mW9.png

9 hours ago, GeauxColonels said:

Thanks. I'll take a look at those. I guess what I was getting at was that I want to be proficient enough in building out structures in SketchUp so that when the time comes to render, they'll look presentable.

yea im not sure why you're so apprehensive. the whole point of rendering is to polish turds.

if only logo designing had it that easy....

Guest darkpiranha
18 hours ago, Commodore Crablegs said:

yea im not sure why you're so apprehensive. the whole point of rendering is to polish turds.

if only logo designing had it that easy....

"Okay, now I just need to click the "Make it look like it's a real helmet" button and I'll be good to go...."

do.....as in apply them or find them? the textures are based on the discovery museum in newcastle.

linky ---> boop

theres i think 4 textures total on the bldg. the turret, the huge arch window, the 3 story windows, and the roof tiles. the turret roof is just green tinted concrete.

applying textures seem straight forward, unless there's particular problems you're having?

1 hour ago, Commodore Crablegs said:

do.....as in apply them or find them? the textures are based on the discovery museum in newcastle.

linky ---> boop

theres i think 4 textures total on the bldg. the turret, the huge arch window, the 3 story windows, and the roof tiles. the turret roof is just green tinted concrete.

applying textures seem straight forward, unless there's particular problems you're having?

I just have trouble finding them and then making them look right on the object in sketchup.

sigsgsg.png.dd2c63fee3388b4132af271cae3c34b5.png

Archived