North American Baseball Association

DarkKnight

So I previously did a concept called "stadium series" and decided I wanted to make a league out of it. So without further ado, I present the North American Baseball Association (NABA). 

First team up, the San Antonio Rebels. I really love the way this turned out! The stadium is called HEB Park. The backdrop of the field is a little shopping area with a strip mall, HEB, mall, and Ben & Jerry's Ice Cream. Behind home plate there is a commercial district with an arena, office building, and parking garage. 571194e8c1019_ScreenShot2016-04-15at8.20

View from the entrance behind home plate. here you can see the backdrop, and also the tall wall in left field, which is 35' high, because the park is only 290' to left. The wall also doubles as the visitors clubhouse, the team offices, as well as the rooftop deck which fans can sit/stand on during the games. 

57119599f1d9b_ScreenShot2016-04-15at8.21

As said above, here is the view from the rooftop deck. Not much else to be seen here. 571195a433ca1_ScreenShot2016-04-15at8.21

Here is the view from the top step of the Rebels dugout down the first base line, where you can see the old school scoreboard on the left field wall, as well as the Alamo shaped scoreboard on top of the roof. 

571195fc2adf4_ScreenShot2016-04-15at8.22

Here is the view from the visitors dugout, and you can see down the 310' right field line. Also note the Alamo replica building which is the Rebels clubhouse. The clubhouse is several levels, with the training rooms, batting cages, and extra amenities underground. 

5711960811767_ScreenShot2016-04-15at8.23

Here's a view from the Rebels clubhouse, where you can see the home plate and third base line entrances, as well as the club level, which has 17 suites, the press box, and the club level bleachers. 

571196ce058be_ScreenShot2016-04-15at8.24

Here is the view from behind home plate, most of what is to be seen has already been noted, so I won't touch on it anymore. 

571196d09ed01_ScreenShot2016-04-15at8.24

Ariel view of HEB Park. Parking lot in right field, with the main entrance in the right field corner. 

3 hours ago, YungMan said:

none of your pictures are working senpai

2 hours ago, BengalPumaOcelot said:

Yeah, they aren't for me either.  But I thought the stadium series was really cool, so I am very excited.

I tried splitting them up into two posts, so hopefully you can view them now.

2 hours ago, darkpiranha said:

Still getting wonky pictures.  What service are you using?

If you're referring to the overhead picture, sketchup blurs them and I'm still working on how to fix that, and some of the stuff is blurry because of the way the program works. Other than those couple things it should be fine.

3 hours ago, BengalPumaOcelot said:

Fantastic once again!  Depending on the size of the league (major/minor)  you may want to think of adding seating behind the outfield, like the major league stadiums have.

Currently I'm doing minor league size stadiums, so if I decide to expand to create a network of teams, I could either go bigger (major league size) or smaller (Advanced A/Rookie ball). However, some stadiums will have outfield seating. 

42 minutes ago, NoE38 said:

Good job!

Is there a tutorial on how to make something like this?

Thanks! If you go to youtube and look up "sketchup stadium tutorial" or "how to make sketchup stadiums" you should get a pretty good idea of how to make them

It's been a few days since the San Antonio Rebels stadium, but I've been hard at work on a new one. This stadium is set in Omaha, Nebraska, and I want the team name to be something railroad themed. Any ideas? The Omaha Storm Chasers used to be the Golden Spikes, but I don't want to copy directly off of that name. 

Team Name Ideas (Team colors are Navy and "Husker" red)

• Rails 
  • Curve
  • Iron Horses
  • Mammoths (State Fossil)
  • Bees (State Insect)

If I could get some feedback on those names it would be great. As for the stadium, here is what I have so far. 

5716c3c37355c_ScreenShot2016-04-19at6.42

I haven't come up with a name yet, as I am going to put all of the images on last, but the bullpens are underneath the restaurant in right, and there are bleachers in left, plus rooftop bleachers in left. the second deck is split with the suites down the first base line, and the normal seats on the third base side. The main entrance can't be seen, but it is behind home plate, next to a team store and concession stand. I'll probably end up adding team offices and some extra amenities in the outfield.

Guest darkpiranha

I'd vote for Iron Horses or Rails.  Actually, just the singular, "Rail" would be pretty unique.  The Omaha Rail.  

Iron horses is a pretty bas ass name, Railers or Conductors could work, mammoths would be okay as well, oblivion would be an interesting idea, and if you wanted to go full minor league you could name the Omaha team the ostriches

The Omaha stadium is done! I've decided to call it "Buffet Ballpark" in honor of Warren Buffet, who lives in Omaha. Here are some different shots. I'm going to give uniforms a shot, so hopefully that works out well. Team name: Iron Horses. Wish me the best of luck on those. 

Screen Shot 2016-04-21 at 9.54.11 AM.png

Here's an arial shot of Buffet Ballpark. The land around it is undeveloped, and would eventually turn into an entertainment district with hotels, offices, bars, restaurants, and shopping. There are 4 different lots, and all of them have good walking distances to any of the 3 main gates. 

Screen Shot 2016-04-21 at 10.00.40 AM.png

Here is the main entrance behind home plate. Nothing much to see here. The team store has entrances from outside the stadium and inside the stadium, and is just to the right of this shot. 

Screen Shot 2016-04-21 at 10.02.26 AM.png

View from atop the berm down the first base line, good sightline for the entire ballpark. 

Screen Shot 2016-04-21 at 10.03.21 AM.png

View from atop the berm in right field. The big bar is on the left, and the bar sits atop the bullpen. In this shot you can see the 2 level press box and 12 suites in the park. 

Screen Shot 2016-04-21 at 10.03.54 AM.png

View from the left field bleacher seats. Screen Shot 2016-04-21 at 10.04.52 AM.png

View from the second deck seats, notice the bullpen talked about earlier under the bar. Screen Shot 2016-04-21 at 10.05.03 AM.png

Same viewpoint as previous picture, but with the camera towards the outfield. Look closely, and you'll see the train that runs when the Iron Horses hit a home run, much like in Minute Maid Park.

Screen Shot 2016-04-21 at 10.06.23 AM.png

Home plate view, good batters eye, scoreboard in center field, team offices just outside the ballpark. 

Dimensions:

LF- 330

CF - 375

RF- 300

Uniforms on the way!

I tried to do the uniforms, but with no luck, so I used the Russell template on the uniforms and the Richardson template for the hats. The color scheme is similar to the Twins, with the main two colors being scarlet red and navy, with accents of gold. 

Screen Shot 2016-04-21 at 11.33.40 AM.png

Home uniform

Screen Shot 2016-04-21 at 11.37.06 AM.png

Home alt uniform

Screen Shot 2016-04-21 at 11.38.23 AM.png\

Road uniform

Screen Shot 2016-04-21 at 11.40.22 AM.png

Road alt uniform

Screen Shot 2016-04-21 at 11.11.17 AM.png

Road and road alt hat

Screen Shot 2016-04-21 at 11.14.04 AM.png

Home hat

Screen Shot 2016-04-21 at 11.17.39 AM.png

Home alt hat

Since I did uniforms for Omaha, it's only right to go back and do them for the San Antonio Rebels. The uniform builder does let me put my own files in there so I can design logos to put on the hats eventually, so I won't continue to use stock photos, they've just worked well for the first two teams. 

Rebels have a nice sand/vegas gold and navy color scheme

Screen Shot 2016-04-21 at 7.53.32 PM.pngScreen Shot 2016-04-21 at 7.55.16 PM.png

Screen Shot 2016-04-21 at 7.58.04 PM.pngScreen Shot 2016-04-21 at 7.57.50 PM.png

Alternate uniform can be worn with either white or gray pants. 

Screen Shot 2016-04-21 at 8.01.59 PM.pngScreen Shot 2016-04-21 at 8.04.44 PM.png

Two home hat options. left is primary, right is alternate. Left could also be worn on the road. 

Screen Shot 2016-04-21 at 8.05.00 PM.png 

Road

Archived