League Logo Concepts (WIP)

DaRadniz29

Had a couple ideas to update the NHL and MLB logos.  

Looking for a bit more neutral colors, I decided to make the interior and outer stroke is a cream color while the inner stroke and NHL letters are in a deep ice blue. The shield itself is close to the it’s current shape, with the center more pointed at top and bottom.  

DLULCXW.png

This started a while back looking at the MLB logo and thought it was time for an update.  

The rounded rectangle is replaced with a diamond. The interior of theDiamond is a familiar blue and red, with an added white and navy blue outline. Adjusted the bat of the batter so the top is rounded. The batter complete blends with the white stroke and MLB Font now in navy blue.

m1kKb2y.png

Still feel like the MLB one isn’t done. I mean I like it, but you know how you feel like somethings off? Just not sure what it is.

The NHL one is pretty solid to me. it could maybe use an extra color or something to add a little pop to it, but it's a solid logo and represents the game well I think.

I love the concept of the MLB one. I think the only thing I could see for improving is that it feels like a bit too much empty space in the player. Could be worth it to try adding a couple stars; one about where home plate would be and the other at the pitchers mound. One could be red and the other blue as another way to represent the AL and NL. That might give it a little more balance in terms of colors and negative space without cluttering the image of the player, and it would connect well with the rest of the design.

Sportslogo-Forum-Signature-2.png

On 4/16/2016 at 7:51 AM, in_a_rush said:

The NHL one is pretty solid to me. it could maybe use an extra color or something to add a little pop to it, but it's a solid logo and represents the game well I think.

I love the concept of the MLB one. I think the only thing I could see for improving is that it feels like a bit too much empty space in the player. Could be worth it to try adding a couple stars; one about where home plate would be and the other at the pitchers mound. One could be red and the other blue as another way to represent the AL and NL. That might give it a little more balance in terms of colors and negative space without cluttering the image of the player, and it would connect well with the rest of the design.

Thanks, I've been trying to add stars to balance out the negative space, but nothing looks right. I have one other idea in mind and see if that works.

Okay, here's what I came up with.  Couldn't get the stars on the mound/home plate so I took a look at other baseball leagues and decided to go with a ribbon banner to divide the negative space.

The banner is the same navy blue used as an outline, with the accented shadows in Deep red and Deep Blue.  Six Stars for the six divisions -red only to give it a bit of contrast.  Established 1903 text below the banner ribbon and a red diamond for filler.  I think the stars are not aligned along the bottom. Is this true or are my eyes playing tricks on me?  Anyway here it be :)

nkCuFVS.png

On April 19, 2016 at 11:38 PM, The Nati MacDaddy said:

Good work on the MLB edit. Maybe a home plate instead of a base at the bottom. Just a thought, take it for what it's worth.

Thanks, Actually tried a home plate earlier but didn’t work - Wish I knew what I did to fix it and make it work. I also cleaned up the stars. Here it is:

j8CWoaW.png

Guest darkpiranha

Looks great.  My only question is what's the deal with the two blocks on either side of the banner, one burgundy, the other blue.  For me, it diminishes the 'ribbon' effect, and it's just making me unnecessarily wonder what those blocks are supposed to symbolize.  

2 hours ago, darkpiranha said:

Looks great.  My only question is what's the deal with the two blocks on either side of the banner, one burgundy, the other blue.  For me, it diminishes the 'ribbon' effect, and it's just making me unnecessarily wonder what those blocks are supposed to symbolize.  

The blocks were actually supposed to be shadows of the ribbon. The red for AL  and blue for NL. However, I have a hard time differentiating angles. I made the shadows into triangles and kept the red and blue - kind of for AL/NL but mostly because I couldn’t get a shade of blue I liked for the shadows. As always, suggestions welcome (it’s kind of all running together now :))

Here’s the update:

vzjUnBc.png

Archived