High School Soccer Crest

RKRTX

Looking for feedback on some rough draft concepts for a new soccer crest for a high school soccer team. We are going to be a new suburban school and I am the coach, and therefore be using the design on a multitude of things. Our school colors are purple, silver, and black, and using one of the secondary logos created as the school's main logo (the horse/bolt) is a must in any of the concepts I have had. Again, these are rough drafts, will need to be cleaned up a tad (I can see a few mistakes), but am a huge fan of this site for years as I consider myself an amateur designer, doing things for friends and my past teams. Thanks.

image.jpg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

They are all very busy. I suggest you go with the roundel, but simplify as much as you can. First black and purple don't contrast well, so I would always use a silver stroke to seperate the two colors in the logo. Try not to use white. A fourth color makes all of your gear more expensive. If the horse/bolt is a must, I suggest using the horse/bolt in the center to split the roundel rather than a single lightning bolt. You don't need the CF (which I like better than the horse/bolt) if you spell out the school name in the outer ring of the roundel, but make it bold and big. I also suggest using black and silver the most and use purple as an accent color. I also like the use of the "16" but you don't need the state of Texas image. The teams you play will know you are a Texas school. 

Can't wait to see where you take this!

Thanks for the critique. Which is so difficult is working in mainly black and purple, silver might be pushing it (as much as it is needed). Coming from outside of Texas, I didn't get it either, but Texas is obsessed with including the Texas state outline in anything possible, it really is something to the degree of you have to live here to get it...it's bizarre. Everyone for the most part is on A, all kids are all about more purple which makes it seem "off" to me, but who knows. I'm all about more simple but we all know how that works, thanks again

Archived