Cascadian Football Association (All done! Springfield and Victoria added)

BagelHK

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 4 weeks later...

We're back.

RgltaWY.png

Seattle Sounders FC

The first Cascadian team to join the MLS, the Sounders had a bit of a head start on the other clubs that would later form the CPL. But Vancouver and Portland quickly developed, and now give fierce competition to the Sounders for Kings of Cascadia every season. Seattle has retained its rabid fan support with the Emerald City Supporters, and didn't lose many supporters to the other Seattle club that plays merely a few blocks south from CenturyLink Field.

--

The home kit stays true to what the Sounders have always worn in the MLS. Rave green top, blue shorts, with a subtle wavy stripe that is inspired by Seattle's flag. The neck tape, like this year's kit, reads "Sky of Blue, Sea of Green." The clash kit is further inspired by the flag, with the aqua color, and the flag itself being featured on the back of the neck. A blue stripe down the chest accents the set.

Thanks for the support guys!

aTUic0A.png

Beaverton SC

Beaverton: the rich, annoying sibling of Portland; a place that not many outside its boundaries look too kindly upon. It is this attitude that carries over to Beaverton SC. The lack of any real trophy does not stop the club from carrying itself with the sort of swagger of a club coddled and promoted by nearby Nike World Headquarters. Besides, there are plenty of trophies to display in the clubhouse from meaningless corporate competitions to boost revenue and feign success. The Beavers play right on Nike's headquarters, and are always the recipients of the company's newest innovations, much to the disdain of other clubs. Trees surround the stadium and fill the open concourses, cooling supporters on hot summer days. The wealthy fans that make up the majority of Beaverton's supporters have not been the most vocal on match days, but a grassroots campaign to try and imitate the likes of the Timbers Army and Emerald City Supporters has gained traction as of late.

--

The first thing you'll probably notice is the double Nikes. Beaverton truly is dominated by Nike's presence, and the mere thought of having a kit manufactured and sponsored by the same company was hilarious to me, so I went with it. The crest is reminiscent of a beaver's tail, as is the diamond pattern. This diamond motif is featured on both home and clash kits, with an argyle spin going on the clash. The orange is supposed to be the orange that you'll find on a Nike shoebox, and the cream was chosen as something that a wealthy club might choose to distinguish itself from other clubs. The necktape designs are somewhat self-explanatory: an "Oh to be a Beaver" chant on the home, and the argyle on the clash. As far as other details go, the tail pattern is subtly featured on the home numbers, and the shape of Oregon with a star in Beaverton's location is on the back neck of the clash.

4 hours ago, BagelHK said:

Thanks for the support guys!

muQ6lwF.png

Beaverton SC

Beaverton: the rich, annoying sibling of Portland; a place that not many outside its boundaries look too kindly upon. It is this attitude that carries over to Beaverton SC. The lack of any real trophy does not stop the club from carrying itself with the sort of swagger of a club coddled and promoted by nearby Nike World Headquarters. Besides, there are plenty of trophies to display in the clubhouse from meaningless corporate competitions to boost revenue and feign success. The Beavers play right on Nike's headquarters, and are always the recipients of the company's newest innovations, much to the disdain of other clubs. Trees surround the stadium and fill the open concourses, cooling supporters on hot summer days. The wealthy fans that make up the majority of Beaverton's supporters have not been the most vocal on match days, but a grassroots campaign to try and imitate the likes of the Timbers Army and Emerald City Supporters has gained traction as of late.

--

The first thing you'll probably notice is the double Nikes. Beaverton truly is dominated by Nike's presence, and the mere thought of having a kit manufactured and sponsored by the same company was hilarious to me, so I went with it. The crest is reminiscent of a beaver's tail, as is the diamond pattern. This diamond motif is featured on both home and clash kits, with an argyle spin going on the clash. The orange is supposed to be the orange that you'll find on a Nike shoebox, and the cream was chosen as something that a wealthy club might choose to distinguish itself from other clubs. The necktape designs are somewhat self-explanatory: an "Oh to be a Beaver" chant on the home, and the argyle on the clash. As far as other details go, the tail pattern is subtly featured on the home numbers, and the shape of Oregon with a star in Beaverton's location is on the back neck of the clash.

Yeah, I agree that the double swoosh is too much. Could the Nike text logo work better?

spacer.png

Visit my website at SSmith Designs (google.com)

On 6/1/2016 at 6:53 PM, Jvhn177 said:

As for the double swoosh, I would get rid of the larger version and keep the smaller, maybe numbers on the front of the orange kit

I actually like this idea, I updated Beaverton with numbers on the front of the home, and figured they could go with a blank clash front. If Nike really were to sponsor them, they'd just leave the chest blank I figure.

3edslAS.png

Harbour United FC

One of Vancouver Island's teams, Harbour United are located in Nanaimo. Their colors are inspired by salmon that are plentiful throughout the northwest, and I thought a salmon and black team would look really good. Both kits have chest stripes, the home has the striping from the crest's lighthouse, and the clash's stripe is supposed to be like the beams of light that a lighthouse would produce.

All canadian teams have my support. :D:D United colors is great. And so, I have one thing on mind. The home kit logo, could be monochromatic... Just a thought... As always, good job! (sorry for english mistakes.)

kHPWvcz.png

Hillsboro Hops

When the CPL formed, the owners of the minor league baseball Hillsboro Hops saw an opportunity, and they started their own club. The Hops play next door to their baseball counterparts at the Gordon Faber Sports Complex in Hillsboro, a western suburb of Portland. Plenty of people live in Hillsboro while working for companies like Intel, and others that make up the so-called "Silicon Forest," giving the Hops a primarily younger, but working fanbase, who grew up as soccer came to be a popular sport in the United States. They are a trendy pick to be competitive in a few years, but for now they typically finish in the liminal space below the mid table, and above any real relegation danger.

--

This is Columbia Sportswear's second team, but their more favored club due to the proximity of Hillsboro to their headquarters. The crest borrows elements from the Hops baseball team, notably the H and the outline of Barley the Hop, the mascot. The other two quarters of the crest feature a spoked wheel–calling to Hillsboro's "Hub City" nickname–and the silhouette of the iconic Main St. Bridge. For the home, the Hops wear hoops (get it?) of light blue and white. The clash is a plain but classy navy shirt, paired with white shorts and navy socks. The crest's wheel hub is featured on the back of both shirts.

37 minutes ago, JosiahWVU said:

Great colors all around. Harbour's striping is great.

This is what I think too. The sky-blue stripes are great. And the Navy on the Away/Clash. Good job, as always!

p80LnNV.png

Bend FC

Representing the sparsely-populated eastern half of Oregon is Bend FC. Nicknamed the Cedars, Bend's fanbase reaches out to even the remotest of places, like Ontario, Oregon, as games are televised on broadcast TV and for free online for anyone who lives east of the Cascades in Oregon. This savvy business decision has made Bend a popular club, but it still lacks the population density to fill a big stadium on most summer nights, even when taking into account the collective populations of Bend, Sisters, and Redmond. Bend's elevation is always a factor for visiting teams–the thin mountain air means the ball sails through the airspace above Cedar Stadium's small dimensions–not to mention the energy that is quickly sapped.

Bend's look has remained virtually unchanged: plain dark green shirts and socks paired with white shorts, and the reverse whenever colors clash. And on the hottest of days, Bend has the option of wearing white from head to toe. The crest is a simple roundel with a cedar silhouette on the inside. I wanted a classy look to match what I thought was a classy nickname in "the Cedars." The kits as previously mentioned are super simple, with Bend-based Hydroflask as a sponsor, and an outline of eastern Oregon on the back neck.

FXp5GzX.png

Puget United

Mere blocks away from CenturyLink Field, the home of Seattle Sounders FC, resides SoDo Stadium and the Clippers. The rabid soccer culture of Seattle allowed Puget to snare a solid fanbase, and the club's name implies a broader fanbase than just Seattle proper. Indeed, Puget was formed to unite the Puget Sound, and a core foundational club was Kitsap Pumas of west Seattle. The unbelievable proximity of the Sounders and Puget United has quickly created a fierce rivalry between the clubs, with supporters traditionally marching from their own stadium to their opponent's on match day. Puget started with a clear disadvantage due to the Sounders' head start, but today the contests are as even as they come.

--

Design-wise, I came up with the checkered banner idea first, and then later discovered that a checkered flag stood for U in the maritime flag alphabet, which worked to stand for United. A happy accident. Puget wears stripes at home, with accents of blue, and their clash kit has always been a distinctive blue and white checkered pattern. I added in some flag-related details as well, since it had worked out so well with the relation to their logo.

Archived