Mlb hockey x-overs!

IronChefShark

Minnesota Twins

ok, I know how most of you feel about wordmarks as hockey jersey crests. but keep in mind that the twins primary logo is basically a baseball with the wordmark over it. seeing as how the baseball couldnt be used, I just used the wordmark. and I wasnt about to use any "shaking hands" logo either!

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply
How 'bout a Mariners alt using the trident logo and the old colour scheme?

:angry:

:laugh:

Anyway, I've gained a new appreciation for most of your x-overs now that I've realized where you get the jersey cuts from. I also don't blame you for using the Twins script on the jerseys, but maybe you could switch it up to use the underlined M on the road jersey or something to that effect.

Oh, and that shaking hands logo is quite possibly one of the worst baseball logos ever.

WINnipegSigBanner.gif

kinda went against the grain on these.

Texas Rangers

Houston Astros

rather then use the current dallas stars template for the rangers, I used one that is similar to the stars road jerseys just prior to going to thier current look

however I used the current stars template for the astros, seeing as how it would better suit them. still in my humble opinion, this one is probably the worst of the MLB hockey x-overs Ive done so far.  ???

uhh... Shark, did you try those links? There seems to be something wrong with it. When I copy&paste, it does something weird, and when I straight out click, it gives me the same-ol' Image Hosted by Tripod thing.

I'd love to see those x-overs and comment, so hopefully this gets fixed.

WINnipegSigBanner.gif

I know, you'll just tell me they're not the right logos, and to stuff it, but....

Cardinals - Besides the Blues' pattern just not working for them, where's the pair of birds on the bat... er, stick?  I know the single bird is technically the main logo, but it hasn't appeared on their jerseys (at least not within recent history).

Astros - Maybe just use the wordmark, instead of the logo and the mark?  It looks weirdly cluttered with both.

Rangers - This just continues to prove that the recent re-working of their logo sucks.

Twins - That home is the hotness.

Tigers - Da bomb.

Diamondbacks - What's this?  You didn't use the primary logo as the crest?  Bwuh?  ;)

All in all, sweet stuff.

Buy some t-shirts and stuff at KJ Shop!

KJ BrandedBehance portfolio

POTD 2013-08-22

On 7/14/2012 at 2:20 AM, tajmccall said:

When it comes to style, ya'll really should listen to Kev.

i tried putting just the script on the astros jerseys, but it looked awkward. believe me, I usually try things that most of you end up suggesting, but I know better then to go along with most of your judgements (right STL?  :laugh: )

know something, when I completed the rangers jersey, I didnt catch right away that I forgot to remove the stitches from the baseball! so I had to go back and fix that because then all of you would roast me like a glazed ham! :D

More excellent work, SHB!  The Cardinals jersey is probably my favorite, with the Red Sox a close second.

I really didn't want to find anything to complain about, but I kind of have to nitpick on one jersey.  The silver numbers on the Mariners road jersey are kind of hard to read against the navy background.  Perhaps white trimmed in silver or teal?  And I know that you're using the jerseys of the closest NHL teams, but I think it might be cool to see a Mariners jersey based on the Seattle Thunderbirds jerseys.  Just a thought...

Keep 'em coming!!!

Mmm....   Glazed ham....

4409811293_559b1d05dd_o.jpg

to answer your ? frylock, that silver on the mariners jerseys is the official pantone color. if it shows up on the baseball jersey it should show up on a hockey jersey. sometimes the real color values appear darker then what they should be I discovered. besides, dont the thunderbirds use the old hartford whalers templates?

oh, and here is the Baltimore Orioles hockey x-over. all these new topics are keeping the pressure on me to crank out new concepts!  :D

just did three more!  :D

Kansas City Royals*

Milwaukee Brewers#

New York Mets~

*loosely based on Kansas City Scouts uniform template

#based on Ottawa Senators alternate template

~based on New York Rangers alternate template, and yes, its primarily black. DONT HURT ME!

I'll come right out and say it: Black is cool.

Not that every team needs to use it. Not that every team looks good in it. But it makes for cool looking jerseys for certain teams.

Anyway, good work as expected SHB. One thing is, what would it look like to invert some of the colours on the Royals logo on the dark jersey (ie. the blue base made white, the letters made blue, and the crown stays gold?). You've probably already tried this, and don't like it for some reason, but I'll suggest it anyway.

WINnipegSigBanner.gif

I would have to say that most of the stuff you've produced in this thread has been terrific.  However, the Brewers' and Orioles' sets and the Cubs' blue sweaters deserve separate mention as I find them to be most excellent.  And for me to complement anything having to do with the Cubs, especially when it is inspired by the Blackhawks, is a compliment of the highest order, Sir.

both MLB teams from the buckeye state and both from the sunshine state have crossed over to hockey.

Cleveland Indians

Cincinnati Reds

Tampa Bay Devil Rays

Florida Marlins

notes on these jerseys

indians: used old cleveland barons template. yes the crests are script logos. believe me, chief wahoo doesnt look good as a hockey crest! he is on the shoulders though. just trying to avoid another PC rant thats all!

reds: columbus blue jackets template, and no I did not attempt to "hockey-fy" the running man! call me lazy if you must.....BOSOX! :P

devil rays: nothing extreme, just the tampa bay lightning template. green is emphasised more then black is though

marlins: florida panthers home/alternate template. there is some teal but the black is dominant. hey just trying to be authentic!

ok, just cranking out one more before betime

Atlanta Braves

the Thrashers template would not have worked given as the Braves identity has nothing to do with a bird and the Thrashers jerseys have the wing pattern on the sleeves. Therefore I went for a template that is based on the old Atlanta Flames look. I used script logos on these too, and I didnt modify the tomahawk to look like a hockey stick like some of you suggested, simply because there was no need to.

I did however use my modernized Chief Nokohoma logo on the shoulders!  :)

here are the last three!

Chicago White Sox

Montreal Expos

Toronto Blue Jays

notes:

White Sox - used the blackhawks road jersey template, to differentiate it from the Cubs look

Expos - nothing really special, its mainly just a habs jersey kit with the colors reversed and expos logos slapped on it

Blue Jays - used the Maple Leafs alternate template. ok, for the record I dont like the T-bird! therefore I used last year's hat logo (jay head over maple leaf w/o baseball) as the crest. I do however have the T-bird on the shoulders. I took away his bat and replaced the baseball with a puck.

ok, finally finished with this little x-over project! :D

ok, before someone says "wait a minute you only did 28 teams!" I must explain myself. My intense hatred and disdain for those last two teams will keep me from doing those x-over concepts. thats my story and Im sticking to it! :angry:

Oh, get over it and do it. ;)

Seriously, though, finish out the whole set, then make a webpage including them all.  Some of those I'd love to wear. (Others not so much. *heh*)

Buy some t-shirts and stuff at KJ Shop!

KJ BrandedBehance portfolio

POTD 2013-08-22

On 7/14/2012 at 2:20 AM, tajmccall said:

When it comes to style, ya'll really should listen to Kev.

Archived