Florida Panthers

B-mer

I wanted to take a stab at the rumors for the new Panthers jerseys coming in a few months.  I looked at the descriptions from the writer who tweeted out some details, and some of it I think may leave room for interpretation. 

It is said there will be no blue on the jersey aside from the numbers, and probably pants and helmet, but i made the collar blue for a little more balance.  I also have the single stripe on the hem, as i feel like that could easily be dismissed as a "waist stripe" which there apparently will not be any.  I also felt something like this fit the recent trends of jerseys with Arizona, the Avs alt, and the Stadium Series sets.

I used Matt McElroy's amazing concept logo for this, with his permission. Quality got diminished a little with my edits, so sorry about that, Matt. 

Panthers1.png

13 minutes ago, NoE38 said:

This set is great. Only thing I would do is change the color of the numbers on the home jersey to make it more readable.

Thanks.  They're said to be white, so I stuck with that.  I liked the order of the outlines but could swap those i suppose.

17 hours ago, B-mer said:

Thanks.  They're said to be white, so I stuck with that.  I liked the order of the outlines but could swap those i suppose.

If they're gonna be white, then there can't be any back stripe. Sometimes, they would be illegible and it would get tiring fast.

That aside, just about everything looks perfectly solid. If the Panthers new uniforms look anything like this, it will be a great look.

39 minutes ago, habsfan1 said:

If they're gonna be white, then there can't be any back stripe. Sometimes, they would be illegible and it would get tiring fast.

That aside, just about everything looks perfectly solid. If the Panthers new uniforms look anything like this, it will be a great look.

You know, I did think about that too. If you think about it, it makes sense for the reason you stated, but also to distance them more from the Montreal comparisons. I'll post an update without the torso stripe on the back. 

I actually prefer them with the extra blue, especially on the home set, it just feels more crisp. The shoulders feel a little bare, maybe pull an Anaheim and honor the old logo there. These are great looking sweaters!

Thunder Bay Lynx - International Hockey Association (2 seasons, 2017-18, 2019-20, 2018 Xtreme Cup Champions)Houston Armadillos - Major League Hockey (2 seasons, 2016-18) | Minnesota Muskies - North American Basketball Association (1 season, 2017-2018) | Louisville Thoroughbreds - United League of Baseball (1 season, 2017, 2017 United Cup Champions) | Las Vegas Thunderbirds - International Basketball League (1 season, 2016-17, 2017 Champions) 

Archived