New Sacramento Kings Logo Unveiled

LAWeaver

30 minutes ago, habsfan1 said:

Two decades ago, they had purple and powder blue (excluding all those multi colored trims).

IMG_7289_1024x1024.jpg

It's funny, I always thought that was a great colour scheme - just not for the Jazz, especially in the way they used it. If the Kings are indeed gonna use it next season, I think they could make it work.

• Replies 330
  • Created
  • Last Reply

1.  My initial thoughts when seeing these in b&w on my phone screen (rather than a proper monitor) was OMG THIS IS AWESOME.  My thoughts now are OMG THIS IS SO CLOSE TO BEING AWESOME.  My only real criticism (considering we haven't yet seen the colors) is the crown.  They really need to explain what they were going for there.  It's not abstract enough to be abstract - there looks like some "trying to hard" symbolism there.  The two white gaps that go down and to the left are really annyoing to look at.

2.  I HATE their drab purple-black color scheme, but I think it could work with this logo.  I really don't want them to go straight-up purple / powder, as I think that's really too passive of a color scheme for a men's pro sports team.  It's calming and soothing - not inspiring.

3.  If they are going to work powder blue in to it and keep the purple, then they need to also keep the black.  Mix the threee elements (crown, wordmark, ball) so that powder, purple, and black are used.

4.  That wordmark is pretty bad ass.  Not the kind of thing that will stand the test of time, but it's contemporary without being too gimmicky.

5.  The alt logos (again, just at first glance) seem really strong.

Overall, while the color scheme will make or break this one, I have to say "well done".

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Maybe the ball black and the wordmark blue?  Something to keep the black and purple separate and minimalize the blue.  Just a thought, might not work.  Either way I think the bottom of the logo needs to be dark, so maybe a blue crown and purple ball?  Or black ball?  Hell, just whip up all combos!

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

What the hell is a Rapior?

36 minutes ago, BringBackTheVet said:

Maybe the ball black and the wordmark blue?  Something to keep the black and purple separate and minimalize the blue.  Just a thought, might not work.  Either way I think the bottom of the logo needs to be dark, so maybe a blue crown and purple ball?  Or black ball?  Hell, just whip up all combos!

How about powder blue crown, red wordmark, and purple ball?

Just now, MCM0313 said:

How about powder blue crown, red wordmark, and purple ball?

How-About-No-Meme-Dr-Evil-01.png

43 minutes ago, BringBackTheVet said:

2.  I HATE their drab purple-black color scheme, but I think it could work with this logo.  I really don't want them to go straight-up purple / powder, as I think that's really too passive of a color scheme for a men's pro sports team.  It's calming and soothing - not inspiring.

3.  If they are going to work powder blue in to it and keep the purple, then they need to also keep the black.  Mix the threee elements (crown, wordmark, ball) so that powder, purple, and black are used.

To give them a "hot" color that can add a bit of punch to the purple-light blue combo, they should choose red, rather than black, as a tertiary. It would be used sparingly, just enough to give them that flash of testosterone. For instance: home (light) jersey could be powder blue with purple trim, except the chest script would be "Kings" in white with red outline. Or maybe purple-white-red-white-purple striping around the shoulders.

5 minutes ago, MCM0313 said:

They could also do powder blue and red with purple trim. That could be a nice combination of eras.

The Kings script should be in the darker color, so that the team name stands out over secondary elements.

5 hours ago, Lights Out said:

Very nice! If I had to nitpick something, I don't think the font feels particularly regal or elegant, but it's not bad.

Powder blue/red aren't very regal either.

Archived