New Sacramento Kings Logo Unveiled

LAWeaver

• Replies 330
  • Created
  • Last Reply
20 hours ago, KittSmith_95 said:

I really feel this is gonna end up like the Raptors rebrand. It's gonna grow on us.

Ā 

I likeĀ the Raptors jerseys.

Ā 

My only problems with the whole identity is the lack of purple and replacing what I thought was aĀ great logo with generic basketball/roundel garbage that is best suited as an alt. ButĀ If they really wanted to move away from the bball playing dinosaur then they should've just stuck the team name inĀ ball claw logo they already had.

12 hours ago, Shadojoker said:

Sacramento-Kings-Logos-Colour-590x533.jp

anybody catch the update on the main site withĀ my boy Conrad's new concepts with the proposed updated colors?? Purple, Silver and white..no black or powder blue!!?? (credit toĀ http://news.sportslogos.net/2016/04/23/new-sacramento-kings-logo-leaked/)Ā 

Ā 

Big surprise on this end, was hoping for purple, silver and power blue but oh well.Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

A shames there's no powder blue, but I still like this. TheĀ Kansas State color scheme and they'reĀ one of my favorite college identities.

Ā 

Hopefully there's a powder blue alt w/ purple font/trimĀ (doubtful) or at least a throwback, but we all know the alt will either be gray or black...and have sleeves.

1 hour ago, VikWings said:

Ā 

I likeĀ the Raptors jerseys.

Ā 

My only problems with the whole identity is the lack of purple and replacing what I thought was aĀ great logo with generic basketball/roundel garbage that is best suited as an alt. ButĀ If they really wanted to move away from the bball playing dinosaur then they should've just stuck the team name inĀ ball claw logo they already had.

Ā 

I still hate their primary logo. If they went with an updated version of the raptor it would've been so much better IMO. Uni's are definitely upgraded from the last set.Ā 

GO NETS.

EDIT: I wasĀ excited for this. Until I saw that ^. Ugh dumb.Ā 

Ā 

Purple and silver is not a color scheme used elsewhere in pro sports and I've always liked how it looks on Kansas State so that's good, but not liking the early returns on that jersey up there.Ā 

Ā 

I really like the Lion alternates and the primary is a fine update of the last Cincinnati Royals logo. Good job on the logo package and color scheme. Looks like uniforms will be warm garbage. Maybe Nike can do something to them when they take over next year.Ā 

PvO6ZWJ.png

Is that a silver and charcoal combo on the wordmark?

Ā 

Not a bad road jersey. Ā I'd like it more if it said Sacramento, though. Ā But it's not terrible as is.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

Ā 

That jersey looks like some weak-ass Orlando Magic meets Phoenix Suns bullcrap.

Ā 

Fire everyone. Ā Great logos, great colors, and laughable uniforms.

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

8 minutes ago, CS85 said:

That jersey looks like some weak-ass Orlando Magic meets Phoenix Suns bullcrap.

Ā 

Fire everyone. Ā Great logos, great colors, and laughable uniforms.

Ā 

I actually like the jerseys. I'm also happy that it looks to be more of a charcoal grey. Have to wait until we actually see the jerseys but I like what I see so far.

I am disappointed that black is no longer part of their identity. However, that gray/graphite may be dark enough that it would be an OK substitute. Judging by that jersey, from a distance, it looks black so it might be ok. That jersey though seems very plain. I am not a fan of shortened city names on primary jerseys and if the purple is a primary road jersey, that's too bad.Ā 

Go A's!

22 minutes ago, McCarthy said:

EDIT: I wasĀ excited for this. Until I saw that ^. Ugh dumb.Ā 

Ā 

Purple and silver is not a color scheme used elsewhere in pro sports and I've always liked how it looks on Kansas State so that's good, but not liking the early returns on that jersey up there.Ā 

Ā 

I don't need to say anything. Ā This pretty much covers it.

Ā 

I cannot say I am surprised. Ā I did not think any team would let purple and silver stand on it's own. Ā Like kelly and silver and Honolulu blue and silver, it's just never going to happen again.

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

Ā 

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

5 minutes ago, FinsUp1214 said:

Purple and grey? Great choice!

Ā 

"SAC" on the jersey,Ā though?? Seriously NBA, stop it. Stop this ridiculous abbreviation trend. Serenity now!

Agreed, especially for the primary jersey. I would be fine with an alternate, though.

Ā 

Ok I thought I saw it but I'm really confused -Ā 

Ā 

could someone draw the crown or somehow visually point out how it's supposed to look if it was real life? I'm not seeing how those diagonal lines indicate any type of depth. It just looks like a mountain range to me.Ā 

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Archived