mr.nascar13

New Sacramento Kings Logo Unveiled

They tried a gold alt a few years back.  It looked like crap.  

6 minutes ago, AAO said:

Entirely different values..Lakers purple and gold (yellow) is way brighter. The purple in my mock up is a lot darker as well. And they've used purple the last 20 years successfully.

lal.png

versus:

Cg5LmDcWsAAwYrV.jpg:large

Hmmm...the Lakers would still probably cry foul. I didn't think of that, them being in the same division and all.

9 minutes ago, the admiral said:

lol, are you seriously explaining to me that your gold isn't the same as the Lakers' yellow? What sort of idiot do you take me for? It's still too close.

That's aggressive. It's really not an issue

Here's the other two purported possibilities:

9vd3s1.jpg

2s6apow.jpg

I don't like either. 2006 Utah Jazz all over again without the navy

Purple and old/metallic gold is the most viable route

1 minute ago, tp49 said:

You misspelled "really freakin' sweet."

Just now, AAO said:

9vd3s1.jpg

2s6apow.jpg

Purple and gold is the most viable route

2006-ish Jazz didn't actually wear purple, did they? Or if they did, wasn't it, like, just a trim color? They wore navy on the road with sky blue alts and basically just had purple around as a legacy color...I think it'd be entirely possible to distinguish oneself from that scheme.

4 minutes ago, tp49 said:

That had the ugly script throwback, numerals, number on the chest above the wordmark and weird pattern and trim. The hues were also different. That's why it was poorly received *AND Shiny fabric* A combination for disaster

With the new logos and wordmarks, they can pull it off much better

1 minute ago, AAO said:

9vd3s1.jpg

2s6apow.jpg

Purple and gold is the most viable route

I disagree that Purple and light blue is the best of the bunch. The purple and white gold is a close 2nd though. 

4 minutes ago, AAO said:

9vd3s1.jpg

2s6apow.jpg

Purple and old/metallic gold is the most viable route

Could you (or someone else) mock up a version of the purple-and-sky-blue one that uses red in a conservative, supporting capacity, kind of like they do with silver now?

3 minutes ago, MCM0313 said:

You misspelled "really freakin' sweet."

No, and from the number of them I see when I attend Kings games I'm not the only one who thought they looked like crap.

1 minute ago, AAO said:

That had the ugly script throwback, numerals, number on the chest above the wordmark and weird pattern and trim. The hues were also different. That's why it was poorly received

With the new logos and wordmarks, they can pull it off much better

This is the Sacramento Kings organization we're talking about.  They won't pull anything off much better.

12 minutes ago, MCM0313 said:

Hmmm...the Lakers would still probably cry foul. I didn't think of that, them being in the same division and all.

I don't view it as an issue honestly. There's like 20 teams that use red white and blue and no one has an issue with it. And those teams are alot closer in look than the gold/purple Kings are to the gold(yellow)/purple Lakers.

2 minutes ago, JESSEDIEBOLT said:

I don't view it as an issue honestly. There's like 20 teams that use red white and blue and no one has an issue with it. And those teams are alot closer in look than the gold/purple Kings are to the gold(yellow)/purple Lakers.

Their argument is because the Lakers and Kings are in the same state. But definitely right. No one's confusing the Lakers for another team any time soon.

1 minute ago, AAO said:

Their argument is because the Lakers and Kings are in the same state. But definitely right. No one's confusing the Lakers for another team any time soon.

Yeah I get that. Kind of a weird situation tho, since Cali has so many teams. I don't think it'll be a big deal if they go the gold route.

I grew up hating the crown logo. I don't think I'll be liking the modern take they have leaked either. 

I grew up in Sacramento (and a Kings fan) and I always had an affinity with the old crown on ball logo. A large number of fans here in Sac preferred wearing the old school logo/colors over the current ones....however, there was a big "purple pride" movement the last few years among the fans with all of the relocation drama going on. 

My guess is they will keep the current color scheme with these new logo's but keep the powder blue jerseys for "flashback Friday" games. That would be a good mix of old and new. My hope is they scrap the "sac" and full lion logo's as there are too many secondary logo's. I'm fine with the lion head and crown logo's. I can't wait to see what the jersey's and court will look like. 

This franchise has screwed up alot of things the last 13 years or so but at least (in my opinion) they got the new logo right. They also got the new arena right as well. That thing is going to be awesome. 

side note, I actually really liked the "SK" logo they scrapped about 2 years ago. I wish they kept or modified this.

sk.jpg

Taking a good look here.

The new logo is okay.. not the best logo or the worst. The lion logos are decent, but the lion head/ball is very sharp and should be the main 2ndary logo.

I like Purple/Powder together... with a slight bit of silver. I've seen people try that colour scheme before hand with the Rockies, and I adored it. I just feel Powder needs to be dominant of the Road while Purple takes center stage on the Home.

I really like that shameless plus Royals set... for the jerseys. I'd like to see a Kings mock-up if all possible with the logos and fonts provided. Adding a little bit of Royals history is a nice tie-in and gives us another asymmetrical jersey which is seeming to become a common thing with teams (Hawks & Hornets).

I really feel this is gonna end up like the Raptors rebrand. It's gonna grow on us.

1 minute ago, KittSmith_95 said:

I like Purple/Powder together... with a slight bit of silver. I've seen people try that colour scheme before hand with the Rockies, and I adored it. I just feel Powder needs to be dominant of the Road while Purple takes center stage on the Home.

When have the Rockies used powder blue? Or are you just referring to purple/silver or purple/black/silver?

2 minutes ago, MCM0313 said:

When have the Rockies used powder blue? Or are you just referring to purple/silver or purple/black/silver?

I meant Rockies concepts. I've seen people add in Powder as a colour for them.

I want to create a jersey idea as well... I hope I can get around to it. ^~^

And here's how these uniforms could play out.. I hope. I'm not sure that they'd put "SAC" on a uniform..but they need at least one uni with the home city name. Sacramento's too long, unless you condense it. Which no wordmark in their new brand is condensed. All extended. I'm expecting something conservative with minor new/different nuances

np18hx.jpg

2 hours ago, AAO said:

I would love to see something like this:

Cg5LmDcWsAAwYrV.jpg:large

2 hours ago, MCM0313 said:

I like unusual color schemes, and having (metallic) gold and silver together would be something not seen since the NY/NJ Knights of the USFL

Not the USFL, but the WLAF.

3269-707Fr.jpg14197-108Fr.jpg