Toronto Maple Leafs Logo

ZionEagle

This is a really old concept I made when the leaves were going to rebrand, (which, I did not really like the end result of), and I figured I'd like some feedback on it.

CGlnrl0.png

Now, I'm no hockey guru or anything, so I my concept may not be very good. 

-I figured since the team had a more modern logo, I would keep in that direction and modernize even more, simplifying the leaf and making it more like the Canadian flag's maple leaf.

-I also experimented with text, but in the end the single "T" flowed better with the logo.

-The stem was meant to resemble a hockey stick.

So, have at it folks.

iHxPa5Y.pngqXp6spn.png

"Winners never quit, and quitters never win." ~Vince Lombardi

This is indeed a nice, fresh take, true to their tradition yet moving boldly forward. There's a lot of tension where the crossbar of the T meets the corners of the leaf. Part of the problem is that the T is miscentered, but even when that's resolved, the negative space between the T and the leaf is just these really tiny corners. The easiest solution is to make the crossbar a little longer.

rATMcmK.png

This is indeed a nice, fresh take, true to their tradition yet moving boldly forward. There's a lot of tension where the crossbar of the T meets the corners of the leaf. Part of the problem is that the T is miscentered, but even when that's resolved, the negative space between the T and the leaf is just these really tiny corners. The easiest solution is to make the crossbar a little longer.

Thank you for the feedback. I see what you mean with the "T", I'll tweak it when I get a chance :)

Lose the hockey stick at the bottom, and you've got an amazing concept!

Could I see this on a jersey maybe?

Thanks for the feedback. I don't know how I feel about removing the stick, but maybe I could try it.

I did jerseys a long time ago but they suck since I only use paint.net.

I'm not really good with new ideas for jerseys either...I'll show them anyways.

ec9T12L.png

MRKvpjU.png

They definitely need work, but jerseys aren't my priority anyways.

iHxPa5Y.pngqXp6spn.png

The white outline around the Leaf shape feels like its a few strokes too wide.  The "T" in the middle looks like it's suffocating as a result.  My recommendation would be to increase the size of the Leaf, reduce it's stroke, and give the "T" some breathing room by having all sides surrounded by blue.  Besides those complaints, I think the logo looks great.  I particularly like the way the "T" forms not only the stem of the Leaf, but a depiction of a hockey stick as well.

Thanks guys.

Agreed. But that logo is solid.

Thanks. Not sure I agree with removing the stem, but I'll do a version without it anyways :)

The white outline around the Leaf shape feels like its a few strokes too wide.  The "T" in the middle looks like it's suffocating as a result.  My recommendation would be to increase the size of the Leaf, reduce it's stroke, and give the "T" some breathing room by having all sides surrounded by blue.  Besides those complaints, I think the logo looks great.  I particularly like the way the "T" forms not only the stem of the Leaf, but a depiction of a hockey stick as well.

Thanks for the tips Morgo. I'll definitely put that into consideration when I redesign it again.

forced hockey stick is forced...

Okay....then. Thanks for the reply.

iHxPa5Y.pngqXp6spn.png

Archived