The Shield is the New Roundel

habsfan1

Florida. 

Cats. 

3/4 view head looking to the left. 

Shield. 

Arched text.

I never made the connection until now, but yeah, that's not acceptable on the Panthers part. 

PvO6ZWJ.png

Just now, hockey week said:

I'm not saying this isn't true, but I think you need more examples before this becomes a full-on roundel-level trend

Then I'll say it's not true.  Two examples if far from a trend.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Still nowhere near roundel territory yet.

History-of-Roundels-Sports-Logos1.png

On September 20, 2012 at 0:50 AM, 'CS85 said:

It's like watching the hellish undead creakily shuffling their way out of the flames of a liposuction clinic dumpster fire.

On February 19, 2012 at 9:30 AM, 'pianoknight said:

Story B: Red Wings go undefeated and score 100 goals in every game. They also beat a team comprised of Godzilla, the ghost of Abraham Lincoln, 2 Power Rangers and Betty White. Oh, and they played in the middle of Iraq on a military base. In the sand. With no ice. Santa gave them special sand-skates that allowed them to play in shorts and t-shirts in 115 degree weather. Jesus, Zeus and Buddha watched from the sidelines and ate cotton candy.

POTD 5/24/12POTD 2/26/17

A good roundel can make an excellent logo. Hating roundels for hating roundels sake is the latest trend of sports hipsters...

Stay Tuned Sports Podcast
sB9ijEj.png

19 hours ago, 2001mark said:

I don't mind roundels if they're done right.  Shields done poorly look weak.

So do uninspired roundels. 

rcehah9k0kekjkgzm077fflws.png

Nothing inherently better about a roundel than a shield.  They can both be gorgeous in the hands of a talent designer, awful in the hands of a bad one. 

Actually an open mouth, with the bottom possibly extending out of the shield, might have worked. Would have added some dimension.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

On 2016-04-26 at 5:59 PM, McCarthy said:

Florida. 

Cats. 

3/4 view head looking to the left. 

Shield. 

Arched text.

I never made the connection until now, but yeah, that's not acceptable on the Panthers part. 

You could also add very prominent usage of gold for shield outlines and logos in the middle.

The Shield Logo is gonna be a new trend in the future. I can accept a shield because like someone said above, you can go crazy with a shield design so it's more creative than The Roundel's which is just the team name surrounding the logo.

XM4KeeA.png

Archived