Bomb logo and logo comparison

JB-the-Hunter

Bomb logo comparison  

18 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

The logo on the top is a logo that a team currently uses, the logo on the bottom is one I made for said team. I was told the logo I made would have to be higher quality than the one they currently have for them to use it. In your honest opinion which logo is better? Is mine really not higher in quality than the one they use now? I'm feeling kinda let down.

Alternatively, can you give my bomb logo a critique? Anything I can improve?

Team Detonate

Bomb logo.PNG

Guest darkpiranha

I like the cleanness of yours, but it's lacking a level of anger and menace that the original has.  See if you can incorporate a little bit more of the exaggeration of the mouth in yours. 

different people see different things..  your logo is much more modern, clean, etc.  more "logo" like.  The eyes and mouth could have some more emotion in them, but its a good start. it would re-size well and look good on jersey, field, hats, etc.  everything a logo should be.

The existing logo is a well rendered cartoon bomb with a face. It has shading and depth, but way too many colors for a "logo" - especially the spark on the wick.  Having said that, I can understand someone who isnt in graphic design thinking the existing cartoon is better than your logo because it has more going on and from an untrained eye it looks like it took more skill to make.

Probably the best of both worlds would be to reduce the colors and shading on the existing logo, especially in the wick and spark. Use one color blue for the body, one color red for the eyes, and the same solid blue for the wick and same color red for the spark. That logo can and should be done with just black, white, blue, and a red/orange.

goforbroke_zpsb07ade0a.jpg

I agree with everything Go For Broke wrote pretty much. The current logo looks like a cartoon, not a sports logo. Some people don't understand that and would look at your logo next to the current one and think it's a downgrade. I would add more emotion like others said to your logo. Maybe give it some "eye brows" to communicate the anger in the face. The mouth I would do something like a fighter jet mouth. Maybe some changes like that will make them see what a logo should look like, and that the current logo belongs in Super Mario World.

imperialssignature_by_officerpain138-dc2

1 minute ago, JB-the-Hunter said:

Thanks for the replies, so basically my logo is cleaner and more fit for a sports logo, but it could use a little more of the emotion/exaggeration of the original logo. That's in line with what I was thinking.

Yes. Be encouraged that you have a good understanding of what a sports logo should be. Now, just focus on the execution a little. Yes, that's the tough part. But I think the fighter jet mouth is a good idea. But yours is much better as a logo. I think the eyes are very good. Perhaps then put the eyebrows mentioned, the fighter jet mouth and a touch of cheekbones, and you should be golden.

• 2 months later...
37 minutes ago, worcat said:

some orange stitching on the face and it'd be a very good baseball logo

If you did the stitching to make it look like eyebrows, it would add depth to the logo too.

BTW, I can't see the original logo.

new_orleans_krewe_player_sig___qb_donny_

Archived