Sign in to follow this  
MCM0313

A question re:NBA2K16

Recommended Posts

I've seen several posts where people have mentioned mocking up various concepts in the NBA2K series of games. I don't own a gaming system more advanced than a Wii, and I don't typically have much time for video games anyway. From what I understand you can create your own teams, and you have a lot of latitude in designing them. Can you also create your own league from these teams? Just curious.

 

Also, I wish Madden would bring that back. Remember the PC Madden games where you could design your own helmet in Paint and import it into the game? I had some really sweet ones for Madden 04. lol

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Short answer: No.

 

Actually, it's quite restrictive. There isn't even really a "Create a team" type mode. The only time you can use the creation feature is in a GM mode or career mode type thing, where you have to rebrand an existing NBA team.

 

I don't think you can use a modified team in a casual match either.

 

It's really disappointing because it's a brilliant, comprehensive, super powerful brand creation feature that shoehorns you into using certain game modes to take advantage of it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, El Scorcho said:

Short answer: No.

 

Actually, it's quite restrictive. There isn't even really a "Create a team" type mode. The only time you can use the creation feature is in a GM mode or career mode type thing, where you have to rebrand an existing NBA team.

 

I don't think you can use a modified team in a casual match either.

 

It's really disappointing because it's a brilliant, comprehensive, super powerful brand creation feature that shoehorns you into using certain game modes to take advantage of it.

Would it be possible to do an online league where everyone could rebrand their teams at the same time? That would be a lot like a custom league in practice.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

You can also do it in MyTeam and MyLeague. In MyLeague you can essentially control the entire league and do what you want, but only 3 rebrands per team max. It's fun to just mess around and see what you can do though and how certain logos/uniforms could be applied in an actual basketball setting.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Old School Fool said:

You can also do it in MyTeam and MyLeague. In MyLeague you can essentially control the entire league and do what you want, but only 3 rebrands per team max. It's fun to just mess around and see what you can do though and how certain logos/uniforms could be applied in an actual basketball setting.

So in theory you could rebrand every team at once, but then you could only rebrand them twice each? What's the longest that Franchise Mode can go in that game, anyway?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, MCM0313 said:

So in theory you could rebrand every team at once, but then you could only rebrand them twice each? What's the longest that Franchise Mode can go in that game, anyway?

 

I think it can go forever, I'm not even sure because I never bothered to figure out. I messed up my earlier post, only 3 teams can be rebranded within MyLeague. Lucky there's only 3 teams rebranding for 2016-17 so you can get it all done if you really want. It's easier to do that stuff in MyTeam and MyLeague, you can just do it instantly. In GM mode it's a long process, you need the Owners to vote and you decide the funds, then wait like 2 years.

 

I suggest waiting until 2K17 comes out since it's too late to get into playing it. The NBA games have been really amazing the past couple of years, well I mean they've always been good but the rise is quality is huge since 2K8.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, Old School Fool said:

 

I think it can go forever, I'm not even sure because I never bothered to figure out. I messed up my earlier post, only 3 teams can be rebranded within MyLeague. Lucky there's only 3 teams rebranding for 2016-17 so you can get it all done if you really want. It's easier to do that stuff in MyTeam and MyLeague, you can just do it instantly. In GM mode it's a long process, you need the Owners to vote and you decide the funds, then wait like 2 years.

 

I suggest waiting until 2K17 comes out since it's too late to get into playing it. The NBA games have been really amazing the past couple of years, well I mean they've always been good but the rise is quality is huge since 2K8.

Oh, I don't have any of the newfangled gaming systems anyway. I was just curious.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
Sign in to follow this