Philadelphia Eagles Nike redesign

Weapon X

The Philadelphia Eagles have been in "talks" about Kelly green becoming their primary color and a getting a Kelly Green colored uniform but Jeffrie Lurie (eagles owner) ex-wife Cristina Lurie apparently hates the Kelly green look and thinks it should stay in the past. With the Eagles kinda needing a redesign I made a concept on what I think Nike will do based of the other nfl teams that have redesigned under Nike.

PHILADELPHIA EAGLES

eaglesconcept.png

Helmet: I changed the wing on the helmet to the back of the bird I have always wanted to see what it would look like and I think it fits with what nike has done before. The helmet has a diagonal wide stripe pattern(?) which kinda serves as the feather pattern that the Seahawks have on their jerseys and helmet.

Jersey: The wings are on the shoulders of the jerseys and give the jersey very little empty space on the shoulders which is something nike has had on some of their uniforms (I.E Seahawks to an extent and the Jags) the Stripe pattern is on the sleeves of the jerseys just give it a simple but clean aesthetic. Numbers also have the striping pattern.

Pants: I was debating to put the wing on the thighs because I though it would look like too much but decided to go with it anyway. The Stripes go around the back of the pants (which I debated also) and only go up 3/4 way up the pants.

This is my first Computer-done concept ever so I hope you enjoy! 

Guest darkpiranha

Welcome aboard!

Changing the wing to the back of the bird on the helmet is an interesting idea that I never before considered, but I really like it.   However, it totally doesn't work on the jersey or pants. It works on the helmet because it's an eagle head on the side of a human head.  It's really weird to see part of an eagle head coming out of either side of the shoulder, like wings.   If you want to experiment with this look, I'd put in the regular eagle wings.   The pants... enh..  I don't think it works at all.   

10 minutes ago, darkpiranha said:

Welcome aboard!

Thanks!

It's really weird to see part of an eagle head coming out of either side of the shoulder

I thought it would give and intimidating look when your linebackers are crouched down looking at the quarterback but I can see where your coming from.

The pants... enh..  I don't think it works at all.   

I agree with this. I never really thought the wings fit but decide to  leave them in anyways.

I agree the back end of the birds head for the helmet decal looks really good. But I would go back to the drawing board on the uni's. Resembles too much of an Oregon look. And since apparently Lurie's ex-wife doesn't like the kelly green, why not go with it as an "f-u" to the ex? :lol: I mean, that's probably what I'd do...

On 4/27/2016 at 6:46 PM, Weapon X said:

I thought it would give and intimidating look when your linebackers are crouched down looking at the quarterback but I can see where your coming from.

Yeah I like the effort, but double neck on the shoulders probably won't intimidate anyone.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

19 minutes ago, H11K said:

Those are meant to be wings not a neck.. :blink:

But it's clearly from the neck in the Eagles' primary logo...:blink:  If those are wings, they are horribly rendered.  Eagle wings aren't squared off.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

Nice idea, I'm currently working on an NFL series and had the same idea to use the wings from the back of the Eagle's head, it has a hidden E in the feathers when you look at it from the right angle. For a modern take, this isn't bad at all but I'm not sure I could see these uniforms translate to the NFL. Still good work!

Check out my new NFL 2016 Series!

On 4/27/2016 at 6:29 PM, Weapon X said:

The Philadelphia Eagles have been in "talks" about Kelly green becoming their primary color 

What's your source for this?

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

23 hours ago, WSU151 said:

But it's clearly from the neck in the Eagles' primary logo...:blink:  If those are wings, they are horribly rendered.  Eagle wings aren't squared off.

Well technically yes, but the guy who created the uniform even stated theyre wings haha

a2BRS8U.png

Update:

I tinkered around with this look and think I came away with something nice.

eaglesupdate.png

Jersey: Felt like less is more with getting rid of the wings and just gave Philly the look they al ready have on their uniforms with the bird on the shoulder panel and the numbers on the top.

Pants: Once I removed the wings the pants looked a little too empty so I used their underused alternate "E" logo on the side panel.

Hope you enjoy I would love some C&C

On May 2, 2016 at 10:09 AM, Weapon X said:

http://ftw.usatoday.com/2014/08/philadelphia-eagles-kelly-green-uniforms-change-jerseys

its from a few years back but this is what i was referring to.

They were referring to a throwback and how the one color rule poses challenges. I heard the interview and they said in no uncertain terms that they are not considering a switch of primary color 

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

8 hours ago, BringBackTheVet said:

They were referring to a throwback and how the one color rule poses challenges. I heard the interview and they said in no uncertain terms that they are not considering a switch of primary color 

I always thought they were considering it as a primary because they used the word "switch" but I guess not.

On 5/5/2016 at 7:16 AM, Weapon X said:

I always thought they were considering it as a primary because they used the word "switch" but I guess not.

http://www.nj.com/eagles/index.ssf/2014/08/eagles_discussing_a_change_to_kelly_green_uniforms_says_team_president_dom_smolenski.html

Some c/c on the revised concept:

1.  I like the helmet design and the new wings that were inspired by the eagle head.  It's one of those things that would be easier to evaluate on a prototype helmet rather than a flat image, but it could very well work.  The front looks really good.

2.  White facemask doesn't work.  I see why you chose it, but it's too glaring a contrast to the midnight green.  I'd go with gray or black.

3.  In 2016 it's kind of risky to go with a jersey design that relies on a certain template to pull off, because Nike and the other manufacturers change their templates all the time.  Granted, this hasn't impacted the Titans or Broncos, who also use template-specific designs, but it might be better to remove the risk that a sudden change could alter the design.  More of a note than a criticism - there's nothing objectively wrong with your design.

4.  I'd go with more black in the pants stripe on the green pants.  ALso I'm not sure how the black pants would look with that black design - I think they'd just look like yoga pants in real life - maybe there's a way to work in some silver and/or green there.  I'm not a fan of the E logo because I think if there's a single letter it should be P not E.  Just preference though, not a criticism.

Archived