Really unusual color schemes (that work)

MCM0313

• Replies 225
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Doing this from the smartphone, not the desktop, so no pictorial examples:

- Lime green and either navy, purple, or black.

- Magenta and orange.

And of course,

- Purple, Green, and gold (meaning athetic gold or yellow).

It is what it is.

You usually see the combos of green & yellow or red & yellow. Rarely all three together.

Loved these Sonic uniforms (wasn't wild about the alternate reds though)

1713_Payton.jpg

Also, the Barcelona Dragons from NFL Europe

3338098000_a640f541e2.jpg

Hotter Than July > Thriller

The WHL's Calgary Hitmen have a black, grey & pink alternate jersey, a throwback that they wore full-time in the mid-90s. If there's one sports team that could pull off using pink, it's one named for Bret Hart:
cgh-20th-model.jpg

They had a different, non-throwback pink jersey a few years ago too, which I liked a bit better:
HitmenPinkStone.jpeg?token=%2F0XJDnNONg5

12 hours ago, Germanshepherd said:

Orange and Purple 

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Agreed on that. I wish more teams would use this attractive combo. I also wish Clemson would use more purple. That uniform at the top would look so much better if it featured a purple jersey.

8 hours ago, TRoyConcepts said:

Quebec Citadelles of the AHL

QuebecCitadelles99-00F.png

Swan Valley Stampeders of the MJHL

Aug-31_large.png

The top one's just navy and gold, right? Like the Rams and Brewers? I don't think that's a particularly uncommon scheme. 

The bottom one appears to be black, royal blue, and copper. That's more like it...although both jerseys could use more copper!

15 hours ago, ColeJ said:

man. i was already beaten to the punch.

brown and red is my all-time favorite color scheme. i have no idea how it isn't used more often. its rare enough for anyone to use brown, and when they do, its almost always paired with yellow, or occasionally orange. warming that color scheme up a tad more with red is just about as sexy as a color scheme can look to me. throw in a little tan or metallic gold embroidery, and that's exactly how any professional sports team i ever own would look :)

I actually created a buttload of teams on TeamBuilder, and among them were the Baltimore State Bowsers (brown, red, and silver, very similar to the team in the picture posted by @Brave-Bird 08; is that Brown University, btw?) and the Montana Tech Cowboys (brown, blue [darker than royal but lighter than navy], and light metallic gold). If it weren't for all the glitches that the now-unsupported TeamBuilder site has encountered, I would link to them.

13 hours ago, B-Rich said:

Doing this from the smartphone, not the desktop, so no pictorial examples:

- Lime green and either navy, purple, or black.

jokerslogo.jpg

The Jokers from Maddenteams.com (still somewhat accessible via the Wayback Machine) featured bright green and dark purple as their color scheme. I liked it enough to make a TeamBuilder team out of it years later, but TeamBuilder's site is teh sux lately.

UPDATE: Apparently that logo came from the Irvine Jokers, a little kids' (9U) basketball team. Here they are, albeit with a darker green color for the numbers and trim on their purple jerseys: 

5235276.jpg?930

1 hour ago, Berlin Wall said:

I think that green and sky blue is underrated and much underused. I think it would work great for the Jazz.

My favourite one is this though:

NBA-Hardwood-Classics-Milwaukee-Bucks.jp

Either color scheme (Green/Light Blue or Green/Purple) would work well with Utah IMO, though with Green/Light Blue I'd be inclined to add purple trim and with Green/Purple i'd throw some copper or yellow trim.

Pyc5qRH.gifRDXvxFE.gif

usu-scarf_8549002219_o.png.b2c64cedbb44307eaace2cf7f96dd6b1.png

AKA @LanRovr0 on Twitter

LED Sig Credits to packerfan21396

Archived