Fantasy Hockey that looks legit

The Nati MacDaddy

Just finished an 8 team fantasy hockey league using head to head scoring and wanted to share some of the work that I did to bring realism to fantasy sports. All of the work done was with photoshop.  I think it turned out nicely. I will use this to promote an expansion to 10 teams instead of 8. Click here to view the slideshow of the Hardware that was won this season.

The name of the league is "Ice Breakers FHL"

ice breakers logo.png

4 hours ago, Htown1141 said:

All of them are pretty okay, but I absolutely love the Gunners jersey swap. It looks gorgeous. May I suggest going back and working on the changes in color and wrinkles/creases of the jersey itself?

Will do it. I kinda threw this together. It gets kinda messy around the chest logo. I'll devote more time to it. to give it that extra spit shine. Thanks for the extra eyes.

46 minutes ago, StaatsBrett said:

Could  I  join  the  league 

I need to let you know that I am trying to fill one spot in Division Canada so your team name will be based off of your choice of Canadian city/province.

I was visiting some of the topics that you posted and found an interesting one on the hockey arenas. I might be able to use your talents to help design some arena concepts. Here is the Canadian team concept that I have been working on. I'll throw this idea out there and you can decide if it is for you. If you have something else in mind that's awesome too. We have a Team in the league called the New Brunswick Mudbugs so the Rajun Cajuns might be too close to the cajun theme that I have with this concept. I am not the league manager but I can PM that stuff later.Look forward to your reply. I also need a fantasy football owner for a 16 team league that I run. It is free. We play for bragging rights and some cool graphic designed trophies. PM me for the details.

Ghost Riders primary logo w bg.pngGhost Riders secondary logo w bg.pngGhost Riders tertiary logo w bg.png

Ghost Riders wordmark copy.pngIce Breakers Owner Profile template ghost riders reduced.png

Very commendable effort.

One piece of feedback I would offer to make a Fantasy League "looking more legit", is to focus on team logos and make demand that they are all 100% original.

It's not easy to enforce, and it may make it harder to get owners, but there are always guys around here willing to help out.

It just gives it that extra level of professionalism.

Do some research, you'll find some good ones out there.

@Frenchie_TO
Owner of the Rochester Americans of the MLH

Owner of the Toronto Frenchies of the GCFHL6

8 hours ago, Htown1141 said:

All of them are pretty okay, but I absolutely love the Gunners jersey swap. It looks gorgeous. May I suggest going back and working on the changes in color and wrinkles/creases of the jersey itself?

I essentially said the exact same thing to be honest! XD

• 11 months later...

Just finished the second season of Ice Breakers FHL and wanted to get some feedback on some of the Jersey swaps that I made for the various trophy winners of the 2017 season. I am getting better at using Adobe photoshop 7.0 but welcome any tricks or techniques that some of you may use to create a more realistic look to the photo. I find that the hardest thing for me to do is warp, distort, and skew fantasy logos onto the Jersey itself. Any thoughts on how to achieve a more realistic look are welcome.  

58f4358975160_RangersChamps2017.png.c5c8b53ae22088b148a0ea64764f359c.png

58f435ae82672_MetrosRunnerUp2017.png.4c74bef2360c5023be61d788bbadb901.png

58f4360a4f670_MostGoalsCrosby2017.png.96a9e5ce8d16b063337eddf388d9dfc0.png

58f4362b54b2c_MostAssistsMcDavid2017.png.eab346a75759a0d98970582e2424afed.png

Darn... I wish i saw this sooner because I would definitely have been interested in joining the league.  If you have any more openings, you could feel free to DM me.  But as far as the work goes, it all looks very well done.  I love the commitment to making your fantasy league more realistic with the jersey swaps.

Archived