"Circle K" Refresh

LEWJ

Apologies if this has been discussed.

I was on the turnpike today and saw a newly built Burger King/Circle K/Gas Station combo store in the distance (off the highway). I noticed a new Circle K logo. Just a refresh, but I think it's a nice improvement.

New:

weIcLTnDnxMYdi1GjgeAw6LczXLQJqB0fvgtLOJG

Before:

1189px-Circle_K_logo.svg.png

BROWNS | BUCKEYES | CAVALIERS | INDIANS |

I was actually thinking Kodak - probably because of the colors.

weIcLTnDnxMYdi1GjgeAw6LczXLQJqB0fvgtLOJGlogo_generated_5837.jpg

Interesting that they're actually spelling out the "CIRCLE (K)" instead of before, where it was just the (K) logo. I don't love it, but I also don't see a whole lot of Circle Ks in my area.

BigStuffChamps3_zps00980734.png

The rebranding was released last September, must be just starting the rollout now. Not too many Circle K locations up in my area, but I'll be curious to see how widepsread the updates are.

http://www.underconsideration.com/brandnew/archives/new_logo_and_global_brand_for_circle_k.php#.Vya4BKMrLJM

Back-to-Back Fatal Forty Champion 2015 & 2016

20 hours ago, Foxxtrot44 said:

Spot on. I thought Kodak as well. Strange things are afoot at the Circle-K

Fun fact: that moment in that movie was the first time that I had ever heard of Circle-K.

On the design: I am not sure what squaring the rounded edges of the letter K accomplishes, except making the logo look less friendly.  That would be fine for an upscale brand; but for Circle-K it seems a strange choice.

logo-diamonds-for-CC-no-photo-sig.png

22 hours ago, OMMF said:

It seems that the Circle K brand is going global. This means no more Mac's in Canada.

http://corpo.couche-tard.com/en/our-company/our-brands/global-circle-k/

I'm going to miss the Mac's owl. So it feels like a downgrade to me.  BUT, I call the new Circle K logo an upgrade over the previous one so...

Mac's > New Circle K > Old Circle K

1 hour ago, oddball said:

My first thought with the color choice was Pilot Travel Centers.

Very interesting observation. As that's one of their main competitors. 

packchampionslfroh.png

The blocky K also screams Kodak.  I like the old rounded font better.

UyDgMWP.jpg

5th in NAT. TITLES  |  2nd in CONF. TITLES  |  5th in HEISMAN |  7th in DRAFTS |  8th in ALL-AMER  |  7th in WINS  |  4th in BOWLS |  1st in SELLOUTS  |  1st GAMEDAY SIGN

I too preferred the rounded K.  This looks cheap and generic.  The old one with the blue outline was generic but also around so long that it had become iconic.  Now it just looks like any other crap.  Piss on this.

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

Archived