Hand Drawn Fictional Nation Soccer League

JosiahWVU

This is a project that has been in the works for quite a while. The map was completed over a year ago, and once TheGiantsFan released his soccer template I got to work. The country's name is Virdenlyn. Here's the flag:

YAD7Q4Y.jpg

And Map:

u8T1VKc.jpg

Now the League Logo:

FL8FLPUm.jpg?2

C&C Please. Be back with league history, and first few teams in a bit!

IxkieML.png

Before I start I do have to thank @TheGiantsFan and @raysox for inspiration.Especially the template by TheGiantsFan.

Virdenlyn has a long history of soccer. The Original Six teams were founded in 1896. Reds SC, Princeton Royals SC, Tilono CC, Oceanside Los Sotos, Weston SC, and Pitt 1896 played from 1896 to 1925. Then in 1926, 24 teams were added making to leagues with the top 3 promoted from League II, and bottom 3 from League I relegated. This went on until 1951, when the league doubled from 30 teams to 60, after Virdenlyn's 1950 World Cup Championship(Sorry Uruguay). Then in 2001 15 more were added making the league 75 teams. The Premier League is 30 teams, League II has 25, and League III 20. The League did an interesting thing in 2012, when they did away with promotions and regulations, and installed a playoff. They did this to try to become more popular in the United States. The teams that were added after the first expansion were in the Premier League, except Capital SC, who refused to "play in a league in which we don't deserve" was what the team president said. The Premier League champion from the year before, Jones City 11, took their spot. But after 3 years of fan outrage the Virdenlyn Soccer League will return to promotions and regulations in 2016. They decided to keep the 8-team playoff format for Premier League though. Here's the full history: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/16aPZoCFHZHEzDSlFLQ4rRursEz1FzUERyOdO9nmHrHE/pubhtml

Used Random.org lists to produce this.

Now the first team!

Royal Princeton SC

Princeton, New Britain

Premier League

Founded:1890

Championships:9(1897, 98, 1907, 08, 19, 20, 48, 89, 94)

Last Promoted: 2008

bKwDrzul.jpg?2

Despite the similarity in name to Royal Princeton SC in TheGiantsFans Los Altos League this is a 100% coincidence. I made the map before I ran into his great series. Anyway the crest is a combination of the state flag. The state of New Britain was settled by English people. I will post the state flags later. Their is a crown on top.

The kits are iconic in Virdenlyn. The home is a simple orange and white hoops kit. The clash is the same except orange and black. The kits are made by Nike and the sponsor is Virden Air.

Reds SC

New London, New Britain

Premier League

Founded:1890

Championships: 7(1896, 1904, 09, 11, 13, 15, 16)

Last Promoted: 2012

XseClZV.jpg?2

One of the Original 6 teams helped out by the 2012 rule, Reds SC won all their championships in the 6 team era. Their crest is a roundel, with the name and "r" inside the logo. The logo says 1890, because Reds SC and Princeton played each other for 5 years before the other four.

The Reds and Princeton is the best rivalry in the league even with recent failures by Reds SC. Their kits are even opposite.Reds SC's home kit is red sublimated stripes on red. The clash is a simple white kit with red and black piping.The kits are made by Nike and the sponsor is New Britain Financial, a bank started and headquartered in New London.

Some rules for my design:

• Most teams will have European type names: SC, United, Sporting
  • I have a league wide font to be used for all teams
  • One gold star is 5 championships, and a black star is 1 title

C&C appreciated, and design elements, colors, and sponsors will be taken into consideration for future teams if you tell me them! Thanks!

IxkieML.png

Guest darkpiranha

Fun stuff so far.  I'm not sure what you're using to embed the images, but is it possible to allow them to be larger?  I'd like to click on them and see them in a bit more detail.  

24 minutes ago, darkpiranha said:

Fun stuff so far.  I'm not sure what you're using to embed the images, but is it possible to allow them to be larger?  I'd like to click on them and see them in a bit more detail.  

Thanks for the reply. I've been using imgur to upload images, I will attempt to make it larger in this next post

Weston SC

Weston, Weston (capital)

Premier League

Founded:1896

Championships:5 (1902, 12, 17, 18, 27, 2015)

Last Promoted: 2009

s0qwPsBl.jpg?2

Weston SC was one of the Original 6 teams. Their crest is a unique shape with a "W" in side as well as blue and grey diagonal stripes, like the state flag(2 posts up).

The home kit is white with the diagonal stripes. The clash is a simple navy blue kit with gray accents and shorts. The kits are made by Nike and the sponsor is Deslo Tech a technology company similar to Apple.

Cape Town SC

Cape Town, Caso

Premier League

Founded: 1926

Championships: 1(1975)

Last Promoted: 2009

Kvi0a11l.jpg?2

Cape Town SC's crest is an oval with waves at the bottom, an interlocking "CT" below "SC". 

The home kit is one of the most exciting in Virdenlyn. It has an orange top with blue and teal waves alternating. The clash is white with the Caso Peninsula coming over the left shoulder. The kits are made by Nike and the sponsor is Jonston's  Aquatics, a company that makes surfboards, snorkeling equipment, swim trunks and other water related items.

Again, if you have sponsors, kit elements, or color ideas either post them here, or PM me. It will be hard to make 75 unique teams. 
I have 21 teams done out of 30 in the Premier League.

IxkieML.png

Guest darkpiranha

Still coming in the same size. Or at least when I click on them, it's the exact same size as what's posted.  Not sure how imgur works, but some of them have various sizes you can choose from to embed in other places.  Or it just could be that your original photo or scan is that small.  

Nice series you got going here! Really interesting color schemes and designs you got going here! One thing, though: If you have any fine-tipped markers by any chance, they would greatly improve the sharpness of these concepts, as everything looks a bit light and rough, in my opinion.

I appreciate the shoutout and how much Los Altos and its soccer league has inspired your series! :)

14 hours ago, TheGiantsFan said:

Nice series you got going here! Really interesting color schemes and designs you got going here! One thing, though: If you have any fine-tipped markers by any chance, they would greatly improve the sharpness of these concepts, as everything looks a bit light and rough, in my opinion.

I appreciate the shoutout and how much Los Altos and its soccer league has inspired your series! :)

Thanks, I did these teams before I acquired fine tipped markers, but teams later down the road will use them. 

IxkieML.png

Wheeling Islanders

Wheeling, Wholing

Premier League

Championships: 1(1966)

jqPHGVhh.jpg
Wheeling has one of the most unique color schemes in the league. The team only current team from Wholing(From part of map cut off) sports teal and pinkish maroon. The logo is taken from the state flag(a few post up).

The home kit is white with a maroon kit across the front, similar to the flag. The clash is reversed of the home in maroon. The kits are made by Nike and the sponsor is Gio's, a sandwich company like Subway.

Sporting Settle

Settle, Emerlandy

Premier League

Championships: 0

TIrgXsWh.jpg

Settle is an ocean side town that is in the desert. Unlike in the US, in Virdenlyn the Northwest is desert. The crest has a cactus representing the desert and a gradient like the home kit.

The home kit is meant to resemble the desert, orange, meeting the ocean, blue. The clash is white with "snakeskin" sleeves. One note, the kits are currently in two year cycles, the home is in its second year, while the clash is new so its template is updated. The kits are made by adidas and the sponsor is H2Woah, a bottled water company based in Settle.

Again, if you have sponsors, kit elements, or color ideas either post them here, or PM me. It will be hard to make 75 unique teams. 
I have 22 teams done out of 30 in the Premier League.

IxkieML.png

Nice mix of simple teams (Wheeling) and far-out teams (Settle) out in this batch!

I think that a better way to mix the desert and sky in the Settle identity is to go with an orange/brown/blue combination there. Like, I think a better clash jersey would be a brown jersey with orange numbers and blue trim.

I'd like to see you take on a sky blue/dark brown color combo, and Alcea Motors and Altos Airlines would like to sponsor a few teams. :)

14 hours ago, TheGiantsFan said:

Nice mix of simple teams (Wheeling) and far-out teams (Settle) out in this batch!

I think that a better way to mix the desert and sky in the Settle identity is to go with an orange/brown/blue combination there. Like, I think a better clash jersey would be a brown jersey with orange numbers and blue trim.

I'd like to see you take on a sky blue/dark brown color combo, and Alcea Motors and Altos Airlines would like to sponsor a few teams. :)

thank you. I will play around with Settle. Thanks for the sponsor suggestions, and they will definitely be used. Anyone else I could use a few more. The next to should be up tomorrow. 

IxkieML.png

On 5/11/2016 at 0:17 AM, Bomba Tomba said:

White, powder blue and little red and gold accents.

Thanks! Will definitely use those!

Two more teams for you all. But first an updated Sporting Settle with brown clash. Thanks to @TheGiantsFan.

RZXTg3Th.jpg?2

Brown with sublimated snakeskin. 

IxkieML.png

Two international inspired teams.

Stockslom FK

Stockslom, Larson

Premier League

Championships: 2(1984, 2014)

B8GR2BVh.jpg?2

The State of Larson is heavily populated with Swedes, and Stockslom FK definetly takes after that. The state capital is named very similar to the capital of Sweden. While looking for logo inspiration I checked out the Allsvenskan(Swedish Soccer League) Logos on the main site. Main logo shape comes from A.I.K. Stockholm, I also look the diagonal sash from a few logos, and the wreath from a few others.

The home kit would probably make a good national team kit for the Swedes, which is yellow with blue Swedish flag. The clash is based off of traditional Swedish architecture. The kits are made by adidas and the sponsor is Spotify.

Tilono(or Tilino) CC

Tilono, Malk

Premier League

Founded: 1896

Championships: 4(1899, 1906, 1921, 1931)

5VBBeJKh.jpg?2

Tilino(or Tilono) has two official spellings. That is why the official team name is Tilono CC, but the logo says Tilino CC. It happened because half of the city spells it with an o, and half with i. Tilono and Malk, have a strong Italian presence. Anyway, the logo is spherical with blue and red, vertical stripes. Like several Italian teams(there are more but I only had room for those three). The team is "CC" not "SC" because Soccer Club in Italian is Calico Club(according to Google translate).

https://translate.google.com/#auto/it/Soccer%20Club

The home kit takes after those teams and the crest with red and blue vertical stripes. The clash takes after the national flag, and these kits with pinstripes. The kits are made by Puma, (did my best to draw the logo) and the sponsor is Scalons Winery.

I have 25 teams done out of 30 in the Premier League.

IxkieML.png

I'm a little disappointed in no comments but I continue on...:cry:

Halfax Foxes SC

Halfax, Jonston

Premier League

Championships: 6(1940,1949,1964,1983,2000,2010)

Last Promoted: 1999

rEtFN5k.jpg?2

Halfax, or the Foxes, are the winning-est team not of the Original 6. The team is owned by the same people as Leicester City, given the similarity in nickname and logo

The home kit is green with orange shoulders and orange shorts with same style striping as the shoulders. The clash is reversed with orange jersey and green shorts. The kits are made by Under Armour and the sponsor is Dan's Traps, suggested by my friend(though some of the animal loving fans are mad because they don't want foxes trapped.

Johnstown Athletic

Johnstown, Parker

Premier League

Championships: 1(1946)

Last Promoted: 2000

1gg4eIe.jpg?2

Johnstown Athletic or the Cardinals, have a simple cardinal head and a scroll with "Johnstown Athletic" underneath. The color scheme is unique with red as the main color(obviously), and blue and brown as secondary.

The home kit is all red with blue accents. The clash is monochrome white, with red, blue, and brown sleeve stripes. The kits are made by Majestic Athletic(I know it's a baseball company) because the city is known for the Johnstown Cardinals, the winning-est baseball team in Virdenlyn. The sponsor is 14th Street Deli a deli based and started in Johnstown. 

IxkieML.png

Archived