Bigmike's NFL Series 2016 (32/32) *MFL leaked logos

bigmike

• Replies 244
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Solid update on the Bengals. A nice advancement of their current look. Only thing I'm not a huge fan of is the NOB font - it's a little stout.

Nice work on the Browns. I like what you did with the stripes, though I'm not sure how the extension on the back of the jersey would work with longer names. And I'd prefer an outline on the numbers, but the shadow isn't bad by any means.

9 hours ago, mbannon92 said:

Solid update on the Bengals. A nice advancement of their current look. Only thing I'm not a huge fan of is the NOB font - it's a little stout.

Nice work on the Browns. I like what you did with the stripes, though I'm not sure how the extension on the back of the jersey would work with longer names. And I'd prefer an outline on the numbers, but the shadow isn't bad by any means.

I'm gonna see about making the NOB/numbers for Cincy a little less bulky, I think that might be my only way of adjusting it just because it ties in with the wordmark but I do think that might work as an alternative so I'll see what I can do!

I thought the same thing about the Browns stripe extending on the back, in all honesty it would flow just fine cutting off at the back of the sleeve because the mach speed template's cut would keep the same style with the stripe on the back. What I was thinking was, say a nameplate is actually sewn onto the jersey, it could fit right between the "point" of the stripes. There would likely be some cases where a guy with a really long name would have his nameplate sewn over the point so that would be the only problem. I like the extension of the stripe though just because it looks too uneven to me without it but I'll see how I like adjusting it. Thanks for the thoughts though @mbannon92!

Alright guys, so I am about to post the Steelers which will be the final team of the NFL. Just wanna go ahead and thank everyone who has followed along and commented especially to the guys who have been keeping up with this from the start. It's been a fun project and I am very happy to complete it. Like I said before, I'll be going back to make some tweaks and I'm going to post all of the helmets on one sheet together as well as the throwback match-ups just so we can see what it looks like in a game. I might dive into a few alternative throwback options as well like @Silence of the Rams suggestion of doing color v color for the 49ers/Dolphins. Overall though, this thread will be complete. All that it really lacks will be the Pro Bowl uniforms, and a few of the jersey swaps I have done as well as some sneak peeks and discussion points for my next project: Minor League Football, which will serve as a fictional part of our reality today with 16 teams for the first season and depending on the success of the upcoming series will likely expand to 16 more teams for the 2017 season. I am planning out ways to come up with rosters for each team and just looking into how to make a Minor League system for the NFL fluent and work well so that the series can be taken to an even higher level than this series is at. Thanks again guys!

Check out my new NFL 2016 Series!

PITTSBURGH STEELERS

Primary/Alternate Uniform: By far the most classic look of the division IMO. There have always been some things that I wish the Steelers would do a little bit differently so I tried my hand at that for this concept. Overall the look is pretty much the same, same helmet, same fonts, same color scheme, etc. Here are some of the changes I made: Double outlines on numbers to match double outlined wordmark. Tweaked the striping pattern, it follows the style of the away jersey stripes but the colors swap for more contrast on the black and yellow uniforms. Also tweaked the pants stripe a bit to go with the sleeves. Diamond Plate pattern sublimated on the shoulders and undershirt. Lastly, Yellow alternate jerseys with yellow alternate helmets because I love their former throwback yellow helmets!

Home Uniform

Pittsburgh%20Steelers%20Home%20Uniforms_

Away Uniform

Pittsburgh%20Steelers%20Away%20Uniforms_

Alternate Uniform (Alternate Helmet Included)

Pittsburgh%20Steelers%20Alternate%20Unif

Throwback Set: Time to change up the Steelers throwbacks. The bumblebee/prison uniforms have had their fun but lets trade in criminal style uniforms for crime fighting styled uniforms. Like the article I just linked, I think the "batman" styled uniforms are extremely underrated and as a huge batman fan I knew I wanted to bring this back for the Steelers retro set. To be worn on Thanksgiving day, there are a few alterations. The jersey itself is ripped straight from the 1966-67 look. As you can see the white pants were worn with this set in the preseason but never in the regular season, I would think that had something to do with them being worn with the pre-1966 look so technically it is still a blend of eras. Perhaps the biggest difference here though is the helmet which is inspired by the helmets worn in 1935. IMO this helmet fit perfectly and really ties in the whole "batman" styled theme, the helmet (like the Eagles throwback) also features a paint pattern to highlight the leather helmet look. Only thing I might do differently is add black pants to rival the Colts all-white home look for this match-up but for now I'm going to stick with the white ones.

Pittsburgh%20Steelers%20Throwback%20Unif

So there we go, all 32 NFL teams are now complete! Let me know what you guys think and as always I am open to any suggestions!

This was a very good series.  Great execution.

Highlights for me:

• All the orange you used for the Bucs.  Big improvement.
  • Improved Titans helmet.
  • Really like the Eagles. It's definitely am improvement.  The kelly green looks great and I love, love, love, the alt.  My main beef is that I don't feel the wing works on the sleeve.  My secondary beef is that I like the shape of the wing on the past two helmets better.  But the overall design is really sharp.
  • Not feeling the trim on the two Native teams. Washington's is quite jarring.  Also with them, I am curious about the number font with that little "dent" in the 8...I almost wish you used a couple of double-digit numbers so I could see others. With KC, I like the idea of getting the black off the helmet, but they have such a nice look, I'd do that and change as little as possible.
  • With the Dolphins, you've improved the color balance...but I am not feeling the NY Islanders Fishman striping (at least that is what I am reminded of).  Also, with the throwback logo, I think it would be cool to try the old dolphin in front of the new sun (the old suns were bad)
  • 49ers: I got really excited when I saw what you did to the helmet...but the numbers really hurt what's otherwise great.  I think if the font was a bit thicker and the numbers had gold outlines the uniform would be fantastic.
  • Bears undershirt...nice
  • Lions are tremendous.  Love the pants stripes.  (Though I would still prefer the 1980s helmet stripe, but I like the uniformity overall)
  • Packers are one of your few misses...just not liking the stencil names/numbers
  • My team (Vikings).  I really like the subtle change to the logo.  Maybe the pattern around the helmet is a bit too detailed, but I like the way the horn matches the helmet design.  Like the outlines on the numbers...not sure about the stripes.
  • Steelers looks really good...like the pattern on the shoulders and the added use of yellow.

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

Thanks for all of the compliments guys! I'm looking forward to hearing some more thoughts on the series overall as well and as I stated before I'm not completely done with the thread just yet since I'm gonna do Pro Bowl uniforms and some other extra stuff.

@OnWis97 Thanks for the write-up! Those are some great suggestions and it got me thinking of making somewhat of a to-do list for some of the alterations I'm planning, I'll put it in spoilers for less clutter.

Spoiler

Falcons/Bucs - Both are going to get just a little bit of clean-up. Gonna fix the undershirt on the Buc's throwback, the seam lines shouldn't be white as they appear now.

Panthers - Cam Newton Jersey for @Phil B., Bama fans can be good guys too sometimes ^_^.

Colts - Might give the Racing stipe motif a shot for the alternate, I'll see what I can do there.

Jags - Gold jersey might need a little bit of clean-up on the seam lines.

Titans - Going to mock-up a red jersey as a possible alternate instead of the navy jersey just based on suggestions. Might show off Derrick Henry's number too for variety (#24 that is). 

Eagles - For the sake of comparison, I'll mock up the same uniform with the wings I used and replace them with their current helmet's wings. I think it would be good for me as well as you guys to compare the two and see if maybe I should stick with one over the other or combine elements from both.

Redskins - I like the custom striping pattern but on second look it can be toned down as others have suggested, I get a little pattern happy sometimes when I think I'm going for something unique. Might just eliminate the pattern on the collars/sleeves but keep it for the helmet/pants. I can post a number set for them too, the font is actually called Warrior and I downloaded it out of Conrad's font packs, I wanted to use Josh Norman originally but wasn't sure if he would be #24 at the time. Regardless, I'll post the full number set and might even go with Norman as the model for the update. Might try the logo as red again but I'm partial to the yellow.

Bills - What do you guys think of trying out a red alternate helmet?

Dolphins - This one might be the most interesting of the bunch, really hit or miss with everyone so far. I am partial to the sleeve stripe just because of the uniqueness but I can see about maybe eliminating some of the bulk of it on the jersey. One thing I thought about was, instead of it's anchored extension that goes beyond the sleeve and onto the front and back of the jersey, just letting the sleeve seams cut around it and filling in the bottom part of the sleeve similar to the undershirt. I'll admit the "surfboard" helmet stripe was a stretch and one I was never too sure of, I may just try a normal striping pattern for the helmet and pants that keeps the colors consistent with the sleeve stripes. I like @OnWis97 suggestion of using the new sun with the old logo even though I love the Dolphins retro logo for what it is, I can give that a shot as well!

Patriots - Overall pretty successful, might take @The Nati MacDaddy's suggestion of using a star. I could eliminate the center stripe in the blue part and replace it with a star, will likely mock-up at least for comparison's sake.

Jets - Only change I might make is swapping out the white helmet for green. I like the idea of a green helmet better, the whole division has light colored helmets so it would be a good contrast. I just got too scared to pull the trigger on that idea first time around because of the white helmet's traditional value.

Cardinals - Just going to flip the undershirt logo. I was happy to see that most received the copper "state-pride" themed alternate so well as it was one of my favorite alternates but I feared it might be a little out there for some.

49ers - Once again, I'm partial to the numbers, I think it goes great with the logo. However, I do like @OnWis97 suggestion of thickening them and trying out an outline so I will give it a shot. Also going to do a "color" version of the throwback for @Silence of the Rams, should I stick with silver or go back to gold?

Chiefs - Same as Redskins, I may have gotten a bit too pattern happy. I think I'll eliminate the stripe from the helmet, it isn't really needed especially since they have kept a stripe-less red shell for most of their existence. I'm willing to try out a new number font or even eliminating the pattern from the sleeve (or making it at least smaller) so I will see what I can do for a updated mock-up.

Raiders - I really liked the idea of unifying the numbers with the wordmark but I'll admit that it feels almost too similar to the Chiefs even for me. I'll give the throwback font a try or just a normal block font.

Bears - As I've stated before, I will add the sleeve numbers to the front and back views of the throwback.

Packers - Knew the stencil-inspired font would create some skepticism, I'll try out the plain block for comparison!

Ravens - Might see what the normal logo would look like on it, or I might even try my hand at creating a new logo once again. I don't know that I'll change it for sure though, the bird not being black is just a personal pet peeve of mine. However, like I stated before I'm not opposed to drawing up other versions just for comparison's sake.

Bengals - Might try out thinning the number/nob font out a little bit. I'm really happy with all of my concepts for the most part and have numerous favorites but if I were only allowed to buy one jersey out of the entire thread, I think I would go with the white or black Bengals jersey, it is my personal favorite of the series.

Browns - As @mbannon92 said, I'll see what it looks like to possibly shorten the extension portion of the stripe on the back of the jersey. Might try an outline instead of the shadowing as well.

I think that is about it. Like I said before though, I would love to hear more thoughts on the series and if anyone else has suggestions on any of the teams! The main reason I posted here is to try and perfect these ideas and you guys have been great so I'm all for the suggestions! 

Re: your question on the Bills...I always liked their red helmet, so count me as +1

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

For the Orlando team (I hate how my Magic was almost named the Juice), if you want to keep the "oranges" theme can you try Orlando Orchards? I think that you could use a orange/green/yellow color scheme and "Orlando Orchards" just rolls off the tongue.

ExJworW.png

11 hours ago, bigmike said:

Thanks for all of the compliments guys! I'm looking forward to hearing some more thoughts on the series overall as well and as I stated before I'm not completely done with the thread just yet since I'm gonna do Pro Bowl uniforms and some other extra stuff.

@OnWis97 Thanks for the write-up! Those are some great suggestions and it got me thinking of making somewhat of a to-do list for some of the alterations I'm planning, I'll put it in spoilers for less clutter.

Hide contents

Falcons/Bucs - Both are going to get just a little bit of clean-up. Gonna fix the undershirt on the Buc's throwback, the seam lines shouldn't be white as they appear now.

Panthers - Cam Newton Jersey for @Phil B., Bama fans can be good guys too sometimes ^_^.

Colts - Might give the Racing stipe motif a shot for the alternate, I'll see what I can do there.

Jags - Gold jersey might need a little bit of clean-up on the seam lines.

Titans - Going to mock-up a red jersey as a possible alternate instead of the navy jersey just based on suggestions. Might show off Derrick Henry's number too for variety (#24 that is). 

Eagles - For the sake of comparison, I'll mock up the same uniform with the wings I used and replace them with their current helmet's wings. I think it would be good for me as well as you guys to compare the two and see if maybe I should stick with one over the other or combine elements from both.

Redskins - I like the custom striping pattern but on second look it can be toned down as others have suggested, I get a little pattern happy sometimes when I think I'm going for something unique. Might just eliminate the pattern on the collars/sleeves but keep it for the helmet/pants. I can post a number set for them too, the font is actually called Warrior and I downloaded it out of Conrad's font packs, I wanted to use Josh Norman originally but wasn't sure if he would be #24 at the time. Regardless, I'll post the full number set and might even go with Norman as the model for the update. Might try the logo as red again but I'm partial to the yellow.

Bills - What do you guys think of trying out a red alternate helmet?

Dolphins - This one might be the most interesting of the bunch, really hit or miss with everyone so far. I am partial to the sleeve stripe just because of the uniqueness but I can see about maybe eliminating some of the bulk of it on the jersey. One thing I thought about was, instead of it's anchored extension that goes beyond the sleeve and onto the front and back of the jersey, just letting the sleeve seams cut around it and filling in the bottom part of the sleeve similar to the undershirt. I'll admit the "surfboard" helmet stripe was a stretch and one I was never too sure of, I may just try a normal striping pattern for the helmet and pants that keeps the colors consistent with the sleeve stripes. I like @OnWis97 suggestion of using the new sun with the old logo even though I love the Dolphins retro logo for what it is, I can give that a shot as well!

Patriots - Overall pretty successful, might take @The Nati MacDaddy's suggestion of using a star. I could eliminate the center stripe in the blue part and replace it with a star, will likely mock-up at least for comparison's sake.

Jets - Only change I might make is swapping out the white helmet for green. I like the idea of a green helmet better, the whole division has light colored helmets so it would be a good contrast. I just got too scared to pull the trigger on that idea first time around because of the white helmet's traditional value.

Cardinals - Just going to flip the undershirt logo. I was happy to see that most received the copper "state-pride" themed alternate so well as it was one of my favorite alternates but I feared it might be a little out there for some.

49ers - Once again, I'm partial to the numbers, I think it goes great with the logo. However, I do like @OnWis97 suggestion of thickening them and trying out an outline so I will give it a shot. Also going to do a "color" version of the throwback for @Silence of the Rams, should I stick with silver or go back to gold?

Chiefs - Same as Redskins, I may have gotten a bit too pattern happy. I think I'll eliminate the stripe from the helmet, it isn't really needed especially since they have kept a stripe-less red shell for most of their existence. I'm willing to try out a new number font or even eliminating the pattern from the sleeve (or making it at least smaller) so I will see what I can do for a updated mock-up.

Raiders - I really liked the idea of unifying the numbers with the wordmark but I'll admit that it feels almost too similar to the Chiefs even for me. I'll give the throwback font a try or just a normal block font.

Bears - As I've stated before, I will add the sleeve numbers to the front and back views of the throwback.

Packers - Knew the stencil-inspired font would create some skepticism, I'll try out the plain block for comparison!

Ravens - Might see what the normal logo would look like on it, or I might even try my hand at creating a new logo once again. I don't know that I'll change it for sure though, the bird not being black is just a personal pet peeve of mine. However, like I stated before I'm not opposed to drawing up other versions just for comparison's sake.

Bengals - Might try out thinning the number/nob font out a little bit. I'm really happy with all of my concepts for the most part and have numerous favorites but if I were only allowed to buy one jersey out of the entire thread, I think I would go with the white or black Bengals jersey, it is my personal favorite of the series.

Browns - As @mbannon92 said, I'll see what it looks like to possibly shorten the extension portion of the stripe on the back of the jersey. Might try an outline instead of the shadowing as well.

I think that is about it. Like I said before though, I would love to hear more thoughts on the series and if anyone else has suggestions on any of the teams! The main reason I posted here is to try and perfect these ideas and you guys have been great so I'm all for the suggestions! 

Go back to gold

On June 30, 2016 at 11:51 AM, Magic Dynasty said:

For the Orlando team (I hate how my Magic was almost named the Juice), if you want to keep the "oranges" theme can you try Orlando Orchards? I think that you could use a orange/green/yellow color scheme and "Orlando Orchards" just rolls off the tongue.

I'm actually a fan of the name "Juice" but I could try out "Orchards", I'll agree that it rolls off the tongue similar. I could possibly just go with Oranges as well.

10 hours ago, bigmike said:

I'm actually a fan of the name "Juice" but I could try out "Orchards", I'll agree that it rolls off the tongue similar. I could possibly just go with Oranges as well.

Thanks!

ExJworW.png

I've been away for quite some time but wanted to get back to commenting on this awesome thread.

My ranking on NFC North is Detroit followed closely by Green Bay then Chicago and lastly Minnesota.

Detroit - Biggest improvement was loosing the Black. (Well Done) Name plate font to match the numbers (Very Classy)Alt concept (Two Thumbs up)

Green Bay- Stencil font (Totally Awesome) Throwback set (Nicely Done) Suggestion(Use a Green stroke instead of a yellow  on the logo on the pant stripe)

Chicago- Mike Ditka's Sweater Vest on the undershirt (Great idea) Yoke striping on the Throwback set(Works well) Suggestion( IMO Nix the helmet stripe)

Minnesota-Sock Stripes on the Throwback set(Good Choice)

Here are my rankings on AFC North. 1st Bengals  2nd Steelers 3rd Browns 4th Ravens

Bengals- YES, YES, YES! Love the emphasis on Orange. Tigers are primarily Orange.(If I had three hands, ThreeThumbs up) Nike logo that blends in with the stripes on the shoulders(Awesome) Throwback(WOW A thing of Beauty) Letter B logo on the pants(Terrific idea) Suggestions(NOB Numbers on new set are too thick and need to be smaller, Would Love to see an Orange Jersey Orange Pant combination as well as all Black for a color wash option on the Bengals' Thursday Night schedule) This concept has now changed my overall rankings.

Steelers- Hardhat design on Throwback helmet(Well thought out) Steel Plate design on the yoke and Batman yoke on the Throwback set(Are Real Winners) Number font strokes (Nice) New look for the pant striping (Works for me)No more Bumble Bee unis. (Yes) Suggestion ( Incorporate the steel girder into the Throwback set somehow- Just a thought)

Browns- BROWNS wording removed (Huge Improvement) Jersey Numbers (Well done) Suggestion (Numbers on the back of the helmet using some type of dog bone font- Just a thought)

Ravens- Purple metal flaked helmet (Wonderful concept) Throwback set (My favorite part of this set) Ravens lettering on the undershirt (Well done) Ravens are black (Nice improvement on helmet logo) Suggestion ( Use the logo on the gloves on the helmet as well and get rid of the letter "B"-just a thought)

I will now submit my Top 10 rankings (All Conferences are represented at least once)

1. AFC South- Jaguars

2. AFC North- Bengals

3. NFC East- Cowboys

4. NFC West- Rams

5. NFC South- Panthers

6. NFC South- Saints

7. AFC North- Steelers

8. AFC West- Broncos

9. AFC East- Bills

10. NFC North- Lions

This was not easy to do because there were so many great concepts but IMO these were the best of the best.

Would love for other followers of this thread to submit your top 10. It will make for interesting debate.

Thanks again to Big Mike for sharing his work. I am looking forward to the Pro Bowl Concepts to come.

PRO BOWL UNIFORMS

Starting off the Pro Bowl post with the Pro Bowl uniforms, I may mock up each team's helmet for the Pro Bowl but before I put in all of that time, let's see how well these are received. Basically my idea for the Pro Bowl was to do what I did with the majority of the teams in the series, mix a little of tradition with a little bit of modern elements. That being said, there are actually a couple of inspirations for these uniforms. The first AFC-NFC Pro Bowl featured some elements used here, mainly the conference specific helmets with either a 'A' or 'N' logo on each side and the two-toned striping seen on the NFC uniforms. I also brought back the 'AMERICAN' and 'NATIONAL' wordmarks for each jersey which Nike also brought back for their lone AFC-NFC Pro Bowl match-up in 2012. You could also say this uniform took some inspiration from the 2010 and 2011 looks which featured a two-toned sleeve stripe along with stars on the chest. I basically tried to make the design my own, using a star in the center of the sleeve and stripes that stream from it to create somewhat of a unique yoke pattern. The helmets are the most unique feature of the entire set, one side features the Conference logo while the other side features the team's primary logo which would create something never seen before for teams like the Browns, Bengals, Rams, Eagles, etc. Each helmet also features a star on the back featuring the players number inside it. Oh and I'm showing off my new presentation template that will be used for my next series.

NFL%20Pro%20Bowl%20Uniforms_zps7ec4smfu.

I'm going to start working on updates, they may come a little slow as I have not had as much free time as I had hoped for this summer but I will try to post them all up around the same time. I would also like to get all of the throwback match-ups on this template as well as some photo realistic concepts but those may come in the form of a blog post or a photo bucket album that I would eventually create if I get the time to do so. I'm going to let this sit for the next day or so and then open up discussion for my Minor League Football series which will follow this. I have a lot of ideas and think it has more potential than this thread but I would like to get all of the discussion for it out in the open here before starting a new thread since I am not ready to post any designs for it just yet. Thanks again for all of the kind words, you guys have been great and I hope you enjoy the Pro Bowl uniforms.

Archived