Bigmike's NFL Series 2016 (32/32) *MFL leaked logos

bigmike

I like this.  Of course, it's not as cool as random "we're sponsored by Nike" colors.  :P

I like the team logo on the helmet.  I'd consider putting it on both sides and maybe replace the star on the back of the helmet with a "A" or "N" logo of that size.

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

• Replies 244
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I love the Pro Bowl unis, I would definitely think of going even more if they were wearing these. (I'll still go anyway, because unless TB moves this is the closest we'll ever get to a team), but when you say "Primary Logo", would the Browns have a helmet on a helmet? :P

ExJworW.png

9 hours ago, OnWis97 said:

I like this.  Of course, it's not as cool as random "we're sponsored by Nike" colors.  :P

I like the team logo on the helmet.  I'd consider putting it on both sides and maybe replace the star on the back of the helmet with a "A" or "N" logo of that size.

I actually like that idea a lot. I'll give that a try!

1 hour ago, Magic Dynasty said:

I love the Pro Bowl unis, I would definitely think of going even more if they were wearing these. (I'll still go anyway, because unless TB moves this is the closest we'll ever get to a team), but when you say "Primary Logo", would the Browns have a helmet on a helmet? :P

For every one of my concepts, you can find what I would consider the team's Primary logo (in my series) in the top right corner so for the Brown's I would be using the B/Stripe/Football logo haha. I'll try and get all of those helmets mocked up tonight or over the weekend just so we can look at what each team's helmets would look like. Thanks for the compliment!

Check out my new NFL 2016 Series!

43 minutes ago, bigmike said:

For every one of my concepts, you can find what I would consider the team's Primary logo (in my series) in the top right corner so for the Brown's I would be using the B/Stripe/Football logo haha. I'll try and get all of those helmets mocked up tonight or over the weekend just so we can look at what each team's helmets would look like. Thanks for the compliment!

Oh yeah, forgot that you changed it

ExJworW.png

I'm going to give this a bump. I am going to try and get the helmet for the NFC and AFC updated by tomorrow sometime and as I said before I'll post helmets for each team. Before I get to that though, I'd like to open up the discussion for my next project.

As I said before, the next series is going to serve as a Minor League for the NFL. I am calling it the Minor Football League, it is drawing its main inspiration from a former fantasy league that @raysox and I created about 6 years ago (I think). Here is a link to the original league. I am planning on using 9 of the 10 teams from that league for the MFL's 2016 season. The only team I am excluding is the Memphis Kings because they were moving to Orlando before we folded our fantasy league. The Memphis Kings franchise will (hopefully) return in 2017 because I plan to expand with 16 more teams by that time. Before I get there though, I am starting with 16 franchises that are serving as minor league teams for a NFC and AFC team in the NFL. I'm going to list the teams for you guys and will take suggestions for certain color schemes and a few names as well.

1. Alabama Gladiators (Red/Black/Two-toned Silver) - Atlanta Falcons, Tennessee Titans

2. Albuquerque Green Chilies (Neon Green/Black/Bright Red) - Arizona Cardinals, Indianapolis Colts

3. Boise Grizzlies (Dark Brown/Tan/Forrest Green) - Minnesota Vikings, Cincinnati Bengals

4. Bronx Pinstripes (Navy/White/Gray) - New York Giants, New York Jets

5. Hartford Navy (Stale Navy/Light Yellow/Charcoal) - Philadelphia Eagles, New England Patriots

6. Hawaii Tropics (Tropic Orange/Aqua/White) - San Francisco 49ers, San Diego Chargers

7. Las Vegas Aces (Maroon/Vegas Gold/Cherry Red) - Los Angeles Rams, Oakland Raiders

8. Lincoln Pioneers (Light Brown/Old Gold/White) - Green Bay Packers, Cleveland Browns

9. Louisville Shockers (Golden Yellow/Black/Electric Blue) - Carolina Panthers, Pittsburgh Steelers

10. Oklahoma City 89ers (Red-Brown/Blue) - New Orleans Saints, Jacksonville Jaguars

11. Orlando Orchards or Oranges (Citrus Orange/Lime Green) - Tampa Bay Buccaneers, Miami Dolphins

12. Portland Platipi (Green/Orange/Light Brown) - Seattle Seahawks, Denver Broncos

13. Quebec Polaris (Ice Blue/Navy Blue/White) - Detroit Lions, Buffalo Bills

14. San Antonio Nightmare (Black/Glow-in-the-Dark Green) - Dallas Cowboys, Houston Texans

15. St. Louis Archers (Purple/Red/Silver) - Chicago Bears, Kansas City Chiefs

16. Virginia Beach Neptunes (Vegas Gold/Sea Blue) - Washington Redskins, Baltimore Ravens

So as you can see the teams in bold are the ones I really want to discuss with you guys. As far as how the league is going to work, I'm going to try and create a system for how to fill out rosters. I was thinking that each team gets a 53 man roster just like the NFL. Each NFL team is allowed to have 10 players on a practice squad now, so my thinking at the moment is that all 10 of the teams players would go to their Minor League team which would fill out 20 spots for each team. The other 33 spots would fill out by two different drafts. A smaller draft that allows teams to draft 10 more players based on geography (where the players went to college) to create more interest in each state's team and another larger draft that would fill out the teams final 23 spots. These are just ideas I have at the moment. The first thing I'm going to do is create and present each team's uniforms and logos in a separate thread. Hopefully I'll be done with the entire thing by the time the NFL season rolls around and after that I'd like to fill out the team's practice squad members and then figure out a way to list players who can fill out the rest of the rosters, I'll have to figure out a way to automatically fill out rosters by the end of it and will eventually do some type of simulation or fictional history for it. 

Leave me any thoughts you have. I would be open for some collaboration with the project as well, I am trying to create most of the new logos myself but if you have any extra ideas for anything or want to be more involved with this, you can shoot me a pm for that kind of stuff. Anyways, leave me some suggestions!

For Orlando, I would name them the Orchards with lime and orange colors. I'm not feeling the 89ers with the 47's already in the league (other names: Bats, Nighthawks, Drillers/Roughnecks, Warriors) but maybe a reddish-brown and navy. St. Louis Archers is a common name yet I think it could have some good logo potential. Platypi could be green and orange with brown as a tertiary color as a mix of the two colleges. Looking forward to the next part of the series. 

1 hour ago, ~Bear said:

For Orlando, I would name them the Orchards with lime and orange colors. I'm not feeling the 89ers with the 47's already in the league (other names: Bats, Nighthawks, Drillers/Roughnecks, Warriors) but maybe a reddish-brown and navy. St. Louis Archers is a common name yet I think it could have some good logo potential. Platypi could be green and orange with brown as a tertiary color as a mix of the two colleges. Looking forward to the next part of the series. 

Lime and Orange sounds perfect for Orlando. I'm still kind of iffy on the Orchards name but I'm not against it.

I get where you are coming from for the 89ers as well, I like the 89ers name and the reasoning behind it, someone mentioned it earlier in this thread. I actually have a logo sketched out for it as well. That being said, I'd be more open to changing Albuquerque's name. The Lincoln franchise in the folded league I linked started out as the Albuquerque 47's which is why I was going to bring that name back but it is based on the Roswell UFO sighting in New Mexico and there could be a number of name changes regarding the same theme such as Aliens, Invaders, UFO's, etc. The alien theme does not have to stay though, especially since the team is in Albuquerque and the incident the team name refers to actually took place in Roswell. Any other suggestions for the Albuquerque name?

Speaking of Bats, I was thinking of using that name for a team located in Little Rock, Arkansas but that would have to take place with a possible expansion further into the series.

I agree with the Archers name as well. I've got some ideas for a possible logo but I wouldn't mind hearing more name possibilities on it. 

For Albuquerque, you could go with some creative names. Green Chiles, or maybe something hot air ballon related.

image.png 

"Okay, Mr. OKC, you obviously have never been to Louisville."

As someone who is formerly from Albuquerque, 47s isn't something that isn't very common around the city. Chile is common, but not really for a sports team name. The event is called the Balloon Fiesta, so maybe the Albuquerque Fiesta?

IMG_7365.PNG

IMG_7364.PNG

13 hours ago, Uglybus said:

For Albuquerque, you could go with some creative names. Green Chiles, or maybe something hot air ballon related.

5 hours ago, Broncoboy7 said:

As someone who is formerly from Albuquerque, 47s isn't something that isn't very common around the city. Chile is common, but not really for a sports team name. The event is called the Balloon Fiesta, so maybe the Albuquerque Fiesta?

I like the Green Chiles name, that could be really unique and seems appropriate for a Minor League Baseball team so I think it fits in nicely here. I could even keep the 47's color scheme with it and just use the 47's for their throwback uniforms.

What else y'all got for me? The biggest one I'm stuck on is the St. Louis name.

St Louis Steamers sounds amazing, but I also like Gateways (as in the gateway to the west). Also thanks @bigmike for considering my Orchards suggestion, lime and orange sounds perfect (I would definitely support this team!).

EDIT: I personally think Hartford Admirals sounds better than "Navy" but still fits the navy theme, Las Vegas Aces is perfect and the Vegas NHL team should use it

ExJworW.png

I know you weren't asking for feedback on Virginia Beach but as someone who is born and raised in Virginia Beach, I can say that it could be a better idea to locate the team in Norfolk as most of our areas minor league teams play there and there is more of a downtown/biggish city feel to the area. Although, the Virginia Beach Sportsplex does have an expandable capacity of about 17,000 as opposed to Harbor Park in Norfolk who has a current capacity of 11,000. Depending on how popular you expect this Minor League to be, you could choose between the two cities. Another option I would suggest is that you could create your own stadium at the Oceanfront in an era of land by the Virginia Beach Convention Center that has been discussed as a possible location to construct an arena to lure a NBA or NHL team to the area. My suggestion for the name, however, would definitely be to change it. We have a massive military (specifically Navy) population in the area due to NAS Oceana and Fort Story (Army) in Virginia Beach and Naval Station Norfolk (largest Naval station in the world). I would involve a more militaristic name to draw interest from that crowd; would also be more menacing sounding of a name than the "Neptunes." Thinking that color change would follow if you did decide to change the name. I'm also a Ravens fan in a family of Washington fans so I love that you aligned the two teams with Virginia Beach! 

I like "St. Louis Archers". I like the reference to the Gateway Arch and how it can also be interpreted by an actual archer with a bow and arrow for a mascot! I like how that could play out. Maybe "archer" green (a deep forest/ dark green) and a light gray/silver for the contrast? For Boise, I think Columbus would be a better (bigger and more recognizable) city, would probably need a new name as well. San Antonio's name should be more "Texas specific." Maybe "Stallions?" Platypuses are not native to Oregon so I was thinking maybe a Forest Myth themed name would be cool. "Yetis" or "S'quatches" with dark colors; Dark Green and Black? Same idea with Orlando pertaining to the locally themed name. Maybe "'Gators" would match well with the Orange and Lime Green? My last suggestion would be to be more specific with the Hawaiian teams location. Honolulu is a big city in Hawaii! But at the same time Hawaii has a bunch of islands which would probably appreciate the recognition. Maybe "Hawaii" would work the same way "Carolina" does.

@Magic Dynasty I may go with Steamboats or Gateways, I like both of those. St. Louis is actually the only team that I don't have any sketches for at all so I will probably sketch out all three and see which I like the best. I like your suggestion for "Admirals." I like that it sounds better but keeps the same theme so I'd be okay with changing the name there!

@christianreitz Thanks for the response! I chose the "Neptunes" name over a military name just because of the fact that Connecticut is close by and already features a military theme. While I was researching some of these cities I noticed the Neptune statue in Virginia Beach and that there is a Neptune festival and just loved the uniqueness of that theme. That being said, I found out that there is a independent baseball team located there with the same name but I decided to ignore that for this league. I've got the logo already created and I like how it turned out so I'm going to stick with. Interesting you mention the stadium possibilities, I was actually planning on VB having a new fictional stadium!

As far as the other teams go....all of the teams that are not in bold excluding Virginia Beach and Bronx are basically grandfathered into this league. I like to think that the NFL bought the rights to our former "independent" minor league and shut it down for a couple of years to completely restructure it but decided to keep most of the original teams due to the success of the league's first run. Keep in mind that I am planning to expand to 16 more locations as a part 2 of this project when I get there but for now it seemed more realistic to me to tackle 16 teams before the 2016 season rolls around and after I complete that. I can start working on the 16 expansion teams with a lot of time up until the 2017 season. I have various locations down but not a lot set in stone for that just yet, my goal is to give every NFL team their own Minor League team and have that team located in a nearby market where there is no professional football although that will not always be the case.

I should also mention for St. Louis, my roommate was talking to me about the gothic architecture in the town so that was one thought I had for a team there, I could go with something like "Gargoyles" as well although I still like the other suggestions as well... the St. Louis team is the most wide open team right now for name suggestions.

Alabma- I like the Vulcans name (Black and red), (Due to Birmingham's history as a steel manufacturering center)

For Albuquerque, why not call them the Atoms or Fusion (acid green and black) (due to the proximity of the Los Alamos Laboratory, their baseball team is named the Isotopes after all)  or the Invaders (Named for the amount of UFO sightings in New Mexico) (Green, Black, Grey).

Hartford- Blues (name of the previous NFL team in the city) (Blue and White)

Hawaii- Islanders (keep the color scheme though)

Lincoln- No idea 

Louisville- The Stallions (reflects Kentucky's horse culture) (Cardinal Red, University Blues

Montreal (Quebec City doesn't have a viable stadium, Montreal has Molson Stadium, and Olympic Stadium for bigger games and playoffs)- Polaris works

Orlando, Why not the Rockets (Red, Blue, Gold) or the Suns (Orange, Black, Yellow)

Portland- Pioneers is perfect, (Navy and Gold)

Oklahoma City- The 89ers name can work, what about the Drillers

San Antonio- The Nightmare name doesn't suit San Antonio, why not the Generals (Army green, black, white), a military theme suits San Antonio 

Syracuse (Better than Bronx, Yankee Stadium isn't meant for Football, but if you decide on Bronx, Call them the New York Knights, the color scheme can stay the way it is) Gladiators (fits the Roman nameskake)

St Louis- The Archers name is unique keep it

Virgina- Destroyers (Navy, Yellow, White)

I'll give it a shot, I actually completed the logo set for the Platypi today and I like the green/orange/brown scheme but I could play around with it just to see what it would look like at least.

@TheBigBuc I'm going to keep most of the team names I wrote down not in bold. They are sort of grandfathered into the league and I'll describe how exactly the team name came about. The Nightmare ended up working pretty well because a member on the boards created a logo set for them centered around a horse with a western themed wordmark. The Orlando Suns name suggestion is interesting, I may throw that into the ring with the other possibilities and see what turns out the best. I also like your Albuquerque suggestions, Albuquerque Atoms has a nice ring to it, I'm going to see if the Green Chilies name works out though for sketches and the possible logo.

I'm going to work on the Pro Bowl stuff tonight so that I can try to get the update out of the way and I might even give y'all a small sneak peak at the MLF stuff, probably going to just use the original 9 teams that are in for that though just because all of the new logos are my own creation and I'd like to reveal them with the actually league when that time comes. As of now, I think most of the suggestions you guys have given are great and I've got some stuff to play around with, I'm trying to get the logos and stuff out of the way so that all I have to worry about is the Style Guides. Once I get there, I'll get back to this thread and post all of the updates I have planned for the NFL.

Edit: A couple of you have brought up the Archers name for St. Louis and nailed pretty much my idea for it. I like the idea of referencing the arch and using a Archer as the logo, in fact I've thought about modeling the logo somewhat after the Marvel character "Hawkeye." I could even go with a Light Purple/Dark Purple color scheme with some type of third color to add which would actually be a good idea considering there are no purple teams in the league as of now and there is a lot of use of red, blue, green, orange and yellow.

The first thing for Archers that came into my mind was to use the arch itself as the bow. Hawkeye pretty much sums up the rest of what was in my mind. Also, it just seems right for the Shockers to be affiliated with the Chargers, I would probably do that (I'm not trying to control this, even though it looks like I am ;))

ExJworW.png

Archived