Bigmike's NFL Series 2016 (32/32) *MFL leaked logos

bigmike

Very minor update added to the Panther's Fauxback, added a helmet number on the back of the stripe and a word mark to the bumper.

TAMPA BAY BUCCANEERS

Primary/Alternate Uniforms: The Bucs have great logos but their uniforms are a little much right now. I tried out a couple of different new things. First thing I did was change the color scheme up a little bit. I wanted to separate them from the Falcons so Pewter is emphasized with Orange and a more Orangish-Red color. The uniform's striping uses a two-toned "sword" stripe inspired by the skull and crossbones logo (said logo is used on the sleeves as well). The numbers may have been what I had the most trouble with, I tried updating them to match the word mark better, I may need to go in and try to clean them up a little bit better, resizing a custom number can be a little difficult sometimes. The numbers also are supposed to use the same colors used out through the uniform but had to be lightened up a little bit to make them legible.

Home Uniform

Tampa%20Bay%20Buccaneers%20Home%20Unifor

Away Uniform

Tampa%20Bay%20Buccaneers%20Away%20Unifor

Alternate Uniform

Tampa%20Bay%20Buccaneers%20Home%20Unifor

Throwback Set: The Buc's get the biggest combination throwback out in the entire division. The uniform still takes most of it's influence from their 70's/80's creamsicle look. The only differences are the sleeve stripes are moved down to the undershirt sleeves. It borrows some logos/wordmarks used from 1997-2013 that are recolored to match the set. The ship logo is used on the sleeve as a nod to the late 90's set.

*Side note: The Bucs are matched up with the Seahawks this week. The Seahawks will also wear colored uniforms in a Color vs. Color game which would have some great contrast between each team's colors.

Tampa%20Bay%20Buccaneers%20Throwback%20U

Okay so that wraps up the NFC South. I'll post the AFC South soon, may not get around to it till Monday or Tuesday, I'm currently working on a way to try and "sublimate" the template's thread lines but hopefully it isn't too distracting at the moment. Thanks for the comments guys and keep them coming.

Check out my new NFL 2016 Series!

• Replies 244
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thanks again for all the nice comments. I'm not gonna start posting this division until tomorrow sometime but until then I thought I'd go ahead and give you guys a sneak peek as well as write up the directory for this division. This division will come complete with a few brand updates as well.

AFC SOUTH

AFC%20South%20Helmets_zpsrsebu3lh.png

Houston Texans (Posted 5/9/16): Home, Away, Alternate, Throwback

Indianapolis Colts (Posted 5/10/16): Home, Away, Alternate, Throwback

Jacksonville Jaguars (Posted 5/10/16): Home, Away, Alternate, Throwback

Tennessee Titans (Posted 5/12/16): Home, Away, Alternate, Throwback

THROWBACK WEEK MATCH-UPS: (Jersey/Pants Colors)

Houston Texans (Red/White) vs Chargers *Color vs Color

Indianapolis Colts (White/White) vs Steelers *White at Home, Thanksgiving Night Game

Jacksonville Jaguars (Teal/White) @ Bills *Color on the Road 

Tennessee Titans (White/White) @ Bears   

HOUSTAN TEXANS

Primary/Alternate Uniforms: The Texans have one of the best modern looks in the NFL IMO. However, considering they have had the same look their entire existence, I didn't think it would hurt for the Texans to make a change. This set features a sharp "bull" horn-like stripe that is two toned to match the logo and stays consistent throughout each uniform piece. The logos, wordmark and fonts all stay the same. For the alternate, the Texans get a white helmet which is something they almost decided to use with their first set of uniforms.

Home Uniform

Houston%20Texans%20Home%20Uniforms_zps5c

Away Uniform

Houston%20Texans%20Away%20Uniforms_zpsdw

Alternate Uniform (Alternate Helmet included)

Houston%20Texans%20Alternate%20Uniforms_

Throwback Set: The Texans, who will be matched up against the Chargers at home (in a Color vs Color game), get a full-out Fauxback uniform. I took some inspiration from the Dallas Texans logo. I actually did a similar concept for the Texans a couple of years back when I did some Thanksgiving day concepts. I used the Astro's throwback font as a nod to another Houston sports team. The uniform uses two small stripes on the jersey and pants. Not much else to explain about this one, just a clean classic look.

Houston%20Texans%20Throwback%20Uniforms_

@dont care Thanks for pointing that out, I'll fix that before I get to the Titans!

Some awesome stuff. Most impressed with the Panthers. Good choice in helmet color. It makes the logo really stand out. IMO the only thing to change would be the pewter color of the skull on the Buc's flag logo. White only is my preference. also agree with a previous post regarding the stars on the Titans helmet. Rotate them to the center.  Can't wait to see AFC North.

INDIANAPOLIS COLTS

Primary/Alternate Uniforms: For the Colts, I decided to re-vamp their logos a little bit, the logo itself is a very small update but the word mark gets a drastic change. Here is a look at the old logos vs the new logos. I also created a secondary logo which turns the "horseshoe" into a C and serves as a alternative word mark as well. I think it has been done multiple times before, but it's a good idea and I wanted to give my take on it. The uniforms stay relatively the same, the fonts change to match the new word mark, blue pants are added. Alternate is one of those that might not actually see the field in reality, I went with navy because their original uniforms from the Baltimore days used more of a navy color. Secondary logo is used on the helmet. I like how it turned out but I could see how Colts fans may see it as too big of a departure.

Home Uniform

Indianapolis%20Colts%20Home%20Uniform_zp

Away Uniform

Indianapolis%20Colts%20Away%20Uniform_zp

Alternate Uniform

Indianapolis%20Colts%20Alternate%20Unifo

Throwback Set: This is another pieced together throwback set. Helmets come from the late 50's. The jerseys use shoulder the classic shoulder loops from every uniform worn since the 60's (although they actually loop around on this set). The sleeve stripes from the 50's jerseys are added on the undershirt as well. The pants stripe comes from their 80's set. I really like the logo with the number inside it, also this eliminates the need for numbers on the helmets which is something I wanted to leave off these helmets.

Indianapolis%20Colts%20Throwback%20Unifo

Also, I fixed the Titans helmet in the original post. Jags will be next and the Titans will follow.

New Indy is cool. Really Like the Home Alt Helmet logo. I wonder what the Jersey number would look like with nail holes and a white stroke on Home  and Blue stroke on the Away. Mimic the look of the helmet logo a bit more on the numbers. Just a suggestion. IMO the blue stroke on the home alt jersey gets lost. It is wider on the pant stripe and that helps, but the narrow stroke around the number is not as easy to see. I do like the darker shade of blue. Keep up the great work!

JACKSONVILLE JAGUARS

Primary/Alternate Uniforms: In all honesty, I don't think the Jaguars new logos and wordmarks are bad but the uniforms are poorly executed, especially their helmets. I kept the same spirit of their identity but did my own take on everything. The color black is actually replaced with a very dark teal color. The primary logo is slimmed up a little bit to have similar perspective as their last logo. The helmet is intended to be teal with a dark teal metallic finish. The uniforms feature the same stripe throughout the jersey and pants and both feature a teal "yoke" surrounding the stripes. This "yoke" is intended to have the same finish as the helmets. The alternate is gold and it's shoulders also feature a teal metallic (gradient) finish.

Home Uniforms

Jacksonville%20Jaguars%20Home%20Uniform_

Away Uniforms

Jacksonville%20Jaguars%20Away%20Uniform_

Alternate Uniforms

Jacksonville%20Jaguars%20Alternate%20Uni

Throwback Set: One of my favorite throwback sets in the entire series. It takes it's main inspiration from this unused uniform the year they were created. The striping, number font, pants and helmet logo all come from their '97 set. The helmet also takes it's main inspiration from the unused uniform set.. The Jags are on the road for Throwback week but I have the Bills in white so that is why the Jags are wearing Teal on the road.

Jacksonville%20Jaguars%20Throwback%20Uni

Thanks for comments above guys, I really like the checker pattern idea, I may try that out for the alternate's striping to change it up a little bit. The only reason the numbers on the home and away don't feature nail holes is because I felt like it would be a little to over the type for their primary's. I may give it a shot on the alternate sets though!!

The template lines are so thick that they're distracting and make it tough to really see the design in some cases.  I'm not sure it's that important where a seam is, unless it factors in to the actual design.  There's plenty of ways to show the template without it overwhelming the concept.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

16 minutes ago, BringBackTheVet said:

The template lines are so thick that they're distracting and make it tough to really see the design in some cases.  I'm not sure it's that important where a seam is, unless it factors in to the actual design.  There's plenty of ways to show the template without it overwhelming the concept.

I'll go back and work on it. On my computer, it never looked that distracting from my point of view, I didn't think the pictures would be quite as zoomed in on the entire thing when I uploaded it through photo bucket. I just used the template the way it was when I downloaded it but I'll try to thin out the lines a little bit since it is distracting to everyone viewing them.

Archived