Bigmike's NFL Series 2016 (32/32) *MFL leaked logos

bigmike

LOS ANGELES RAMS

Primary/Alternate Uniforms: So my roommate @ThePastor is a huge Ram's fan. We have always agreed that the Rams throwback look is their best look as does most people. With that being said, there is still ways to modernize that classic look and that is exactly what I did. The Rams need exciting uniforms for their move to LA but they don't have to do that by rebranding one of the best logo sets in the NFL. Everything gets recolored, a lighter shade of blue replaces the Navy and yellow replaces their gold color. The horns are stylized on the helmet and uniforms to match the logo better. I also added a "horn" like stripe to the pants. All of the fonts are updated to match the wordmark better, and by doing this I also created a secondary LA logo which can be seen on the undershirt and the pants. I'm a little skeptical about where it is placed it on the pants, it may just need to be recolored there. The collar is also heavily stylized. I think the Rams actually pull of the Nike collar now but thought I'd try to make it flow a little bit better with the rest of the uniform. Other than that, everything else is pretty much self explanatory. 

Home Uniform

Los%20Angeles%20Rams%20Home%20Uniform_zp

Away Uniform

Los%20Angeles%20Rams%20Away%20Uniform_zp

Alternate Uniform

Los%20Angeles%20Rams%20Alternate%20Unifo

Throwback Set: The Rams get a bit of a fauxback. I put the Saints in all-white for this game so the Rams decide to counter with a monochrome look as well. The jersey style actually comes from their current throwback set but uses the "Fearsome Four" navy and white color scheme. I also decided to go with an inverted helmet making it white with blue horns as a way to counter the Saints gold helmet with white uniforms. This would be the first time the Rams have ever worn a white helmet.

Los%20Angeles%20Rams%20Throwback%20Unifo

@Broncoboy7 Good point, I'll go back and adjust the undershirt's logo!

Check out my new NFL 2016 Series!

• Replies 244
  • Created
  • Last Reply

@bigmike no worries! Nice set here for the Rams. I agree with the fact that their uniforms should go back to the old ones when they were still back in LA. It just LOOKS BETTER! COME ON MAKE IT HAPPEN GUYS! Lol. As far as the alternate logo on the pants, maybe move it down toward the bottom of the pants. Just a thought...

IMG_7365.PNG

IMG_7364.PNG

Yes! The ones I've been waiting for. What is remarkable about Mike is he takes what you tell him you think your favorite team (Rams) should use as their uniforms, and he runs with it. His attention to detail is what I admire the most. He pulled out all the stops for my Rams and I could not be more happy with this set. I wish the boys were still in St. Louis but these would bring back the LA days with a touch from the past. The color scheme used is a must. The detail and fluidness throughout the whole uniform is something Mike takes pride in and this uniform set right here is exactly why his designs are a head above the rest. Great work man!

SAN FRANCISCO 49ERS

Primary/Alternate Uniforms: The 49ers have somewhat of a classic look. The reason I say somewhat is because of their goofy looking tapered sleeve stripes. That is the only real problem I have with their current uniforms. With that being said, I basically just gave the Niners some tweaks. Striping style is moved up onto the sleeve and to become completely visible. Gold is added to the middle layer of the stripes to add some color into the jerseys. The 49ers wordmark is recolored to have a gold 49 and underline. No more BFBS alternate (that thing is trash), it gets replaced with a gold jersey and white pants. Number and name fonts are updated to match the logo and wordmark font as well.

Home Uniform

San%20Francisco%2049ers%20Home%20Uniform

Away Uniform

San%20Francisco%2049ers%20Away%20Uniform

Alternate Uniform

San%20Francisco%2049ers%20Alternate%20Un

Throwback Set: The Niners get a fun classical match-up with the Dolphins for throwback week. A couple of different influences for this set here. Silver helmets and pants are used as a nod to the 1950's/60's look. Striping for the jersey moves down to the undershirt and it along with the pants stripe are mainly influenced by their 70's look. Drop shadow numbers used to provide more pop and something different, it is also a nod to their late 90's uniforms as well as their 55-56 look.

San%20Francisco%2049ers%20Throwback%20Un

Thanks again for all of the comments, the Rams seem to be a big hit which is something I was hoping for. I'll try to get Seattle up sometime tomorrow and provide the necessary tweaks for the division after that.

A couple of thoughts I have for this:

1. The font for the numbers on the home, away, and alternate just doesn't seem to go well with the jersey itself. Maybe try something where it is a little "lighter" if you know what I'm getting at here.

2. The striping on the undershirt for the home, away, and alternate are IMO, out of place. Maybe just remove it altogether to make it where it is just the logo and the word mark.

IMG_7365.PNG

IMG_7364.PNG

My only gripe about this set. The 49ers are playing the dolphins in the throwback game so it would make sense to have them in the uniforms (9ers in this case dolphins can stay the way you had them) that were worn in super bowl 19. That being said awesome set. Thank you for getting rid of the god awful black alternate 

SEATTLE SEAHAWKS V.1

Spoiler

Primary/Alternate Uniforms: Seattle has one of the best modern looks in the NFL IMO. I decided to use that but I just tweaked some things to my own personal preferences. First of all, I got rid of their lighter blue-ish silver color, it isn't bad but I don't think they use the neon green enough and it makes their look a little drab. So green just replaces it all together here. Secondly, I took their "Seahawks" pattern and ran with it. Changes: Pattern is used on collar, pants and to outline the sleeve. Green replaces blueish silver color. No more collarbone striping. Sleeve stripe influenced by current set. No more pattern on numbers.

Now for the combos, I show monochrome combos for each set. I think the Seahawks are a team that can pull of the monochrome look really well. With that being said, a green alternate is introduced and I show green pants with it but I don't think that personally I'd have them wear all green every time they wore this set, maybe once just because I think they could pull it off but it is basically just shown this way to show that green jerseys and pants are an option.

Home Uniform

Seattle%20Seahawks%20Home%20Uniforms_zps

Away Uniform

Seattle%20Seahawks%20Away%20Uniforms_zps

Alternate Uniform

Seattle%20Seahawks%20Alternate%20Uniform

Throwback Set: So I made this set with a blue jersey before realizing they are on the road vs. the Buccaneers, I was going to change it to white but then I thought you know what Blue vs. Orange is a good contrast and that would be a fun Color vs. Color match-up. This is a fauxback that takes it's main inspiration from the late 80's-90's look. The blue color is kind of a neutral color between that set and the blue they used for their early 2000's look. The sleeve striping mimics the inspiration set but the collar and pants stripe are streamlined to match the sleeve striping. The helmet is similar but the logo has an outline and it wraps around the back instead of cutting off at the middle.

Seattle%20Seahawks%20Throwback%20Uniform

To address some of the things about the 49ers. I don't see a big problem with the undershirt. If I do anything with it I might just remove the wordmark. The font is an interesting complaint, it is different from a block but I felt it wasn't too much and it fits really well with the logos and wordmark, with that being said I may try out a block font for it. I don't plan on changing the throwback, I had originally planned on going for the Super Bowl 19 match-up but I wanted the Dolphins to stay in their Aqua jerseys and I wanted to separate the Niners from their primary look by going with silver. The point about the script on the jersey is a good one, my thinking was that it is such a small detail it is more so of a cool thing to view when actually wearing the jersey or buying it. Thanks for all of the input though!

My favorite out of NFC West is the Rams. Yellow over their current Gold is the way to go IMO. One suggestion I have is to use a blue stroke around the yellow "LA" font

on the pant stripe on the ALT uni only. I think it will be easier to see the "LA" font.

Like the Seahawks next. Removing the pattern from the numbers is a nice improvement. 49ers is Nice. I like the gold alt jersey. One thing I would change is the color of the bevel on the helmet logo. Use black instead of gold. Maybe try a different font. Cardinals is okay but I am not a big fan of the Alt uni. I think it is the Copper colored helmet and numbers. The logo and jersey number just don't stand out in this concept. How about a Two tone of the red similar to what you did with the Colts Alt uni? Just a thought. Top 3 out of the entire series 1. Jags 2. Cowboys 3. Rams

I do like somethings that you did with Seattle. The design on the sleeve caps, removing the pattern from the numbers, and how you balanced the use of navy and green. That being said, this set just doesn't work for me. You took an already busy design that they currently use, and further complicated it. If you utilized just the "Seahawks" pattern or just the stripes it would be an improvement.

Good stuff overall!

One thing that I found on the 49ers uniforms is that on the away jersey, the gold 49 sort of blends in with the white base. I think it would help if you put an outline of the 49. Overall, I am a fan of what you have done to each team so far.

Listen, that alternate uniform is not good. That light green, IMO, is eye-popping for all the wrong reasons. The striping on the pants, undershirt, and collar for the home, away, and alternate are just too noisy to have on there. 

IMG_7365.PNG

IMG_7364.PNG

Archived