Bigmike's NFL Series 2016 (32/32) *MFL leaked logos

bigmike

I feared that this set was gonna get comments about it being too busy. I had two different ideas for them and wanted to see if they could cohesively go together well but it is a little bit of a stretch. I'm gonna do a 2nd version that stays the same but gets rid of the pattern "piping" that shows up around the two-toned stripes. Alternate will stay, I'm not surprised that someone may night like it but it's a Seahawk color and it's unique, I don't see that as a problem like I do the actual busy-ness of the design.

Check out my new NFL 2016 Series!

• Replies 244
  • Created
  • Last Reply

SEATTLE SEAHAWKS (UPDATED)

Primary/Alternate Uniforms: Okay so I took some suggestions and went back to update Seattle. I like the 1st version I made but I do agree that it was just a bit over-cluttered. With that being said, I really like the sleeve caps and the striping style it provides so I just decided to ditch the pattern outline overall and it does provide for a much cleaner uniform that flows better. CHANGES: No more piping, consistent striping between sleeves, pants and undershirt.

Home Uniform

UPDATE%20Seattle%20Seahawks%20Home%20Uni

Away Uniform

UPDATE%20Seattle%20Seahawks%20Away%20Uni

Alternate Uniform

UPDATE%20Seattle%20Seahawks%20Alternate%

Throwback Set: Throwback stays the same, the full description for it is still up on the first post which has been put in spoilers under SEATTLE SEAHAWKS V.1, the uniform is just a combo of eras that is consistently streamlined throughout each uniform piece.

Seattle%20Seahawks%20Throwback%20Uniform

On May 7, 2016 at 1:41 AM, bigmike said:

CAROLINA PANTHERS

Primary/Alternate Uniforms: Time for a refresh for the Panthers. The thing I hate about their set now is some guys have shoulder loops while some guys have sleeve stripes, drives me crazy. Changes: emphasized blue, custom font to match wordmark, modernized "claw-like" take on classical striping style, striping style used throughout the uniform. 

Home Uniform

Carolina%20Panthers%20Home%20Uniform_zps

Away Uniform

Carolina%20Panthers%20Away%20Uniform_zps

Alternate Uniform

Carolina%20Panthers%20Alternate%20Unifor

Throwback Set: In all honesty, this was probably the toughest team to do a throwback for in the entire NFL. I started with the set they currently wear but I find that idea silly since they currently wear them. I basically tried creating a more 70's/80's type of feel to the uniform. One of their old secondary logos is used and I simplified it while giving it a more cartoony face (don't know if it really works or not, skeptical about the helmet logo). Anyways, for the uniforms I tried creating a set that looks similar to what they have but with a "retro" feel.

Carolina%20Panthers%20Throwback%20Unifor

Thanks for the comments guys, I really appreciate it! If I ever post updates, I will likely do it after I get done posting the whole division but I am always welcome to different ideas and checking out what adjustments can be made. (Also, good to hear from you too @raysox, I stumbled across the MLF site the other day and looked through a bunch of old post, I can't believe how long ago that was.)

I'm a sucker for 3-d numbers

Excellent!

AFC WEST

AFC%20West%20Helmets_zpsvpkr6uff.png

Denver Broncos (Coming Soon): Home, Away, Alternate, Throwback

Kansas City Chiefs (Coming Soon): Home, Away, Alternate, Throwback

Oakland Raiders (Coming Soon): Home, Away, Alternate, Throwback

San Diego Chargers (Coming Soon): Home, Away, Alternate, Throwback

THROWBACK WEEK MATCH-UPS (Jersey/Pants Colors):

Denver Broncos (Orange/White) vs Chiefs

Kansas City Chiefs (White/White) @ Broncos

Oakland Raiders (Black/Silver) vs Panthers

San Diego Chargers (Powder Blue/Yellow) @ Texans *Color vs Color

DENVER BRONCOS
Primary/Alternate Uniforms: Honestly I'm a fan of the Bronco's current look on the right player. Now when it is Peyton Manning with the extra long old school QB sleeves it looks a little funky but overall the uniform is pretty nice and they've had a lot of success in them so there isn't a whole lot reason to stray from that. Basically just did my own twist on it. Orange is emphasized more on Home and Away. The Mach Speed template lends itself well to the Bronco striping. Basically the stripe is outlined to contrast the uniform and is no longer a side panel so that it is easier to mix pant options. A modernization of an already modern uniform. Oh and I also made a new logo. Capitol D in Broncos font with their full body horse coming through it. It's been done hundreds of times but it is too good to pass up when they had a similar logo in the past.

Home Uniform

Denver%20Broncos%20Home%20Uniform_zpsvrk

Away Uniform

Denver%20Broncos%20Away%20Uniform_zpszke

Alternate Uniform

Denver%20Broncos%20Alternate%20Uniform_z

Throwback Set: Main influence comes from the 1965 Bronco's uniforms. Don't like the helmet from that set at all though so I went with the old school D/horse logo helmet which they started wearing in 1968. The colors are more so influenced by the 70's and 80's then the two sets I showed. The broncos had vertical striped socks in 1961. They actually wore a version of this throwback a few years back. The socks are the only thing I took from that set just because it is very unique and has a great retro feel to them.

Denver%20Broncos%20Throwback%20Uniform_z

On 23/05/2016 at 2:19 AM, bigmike said:

ARIZONA CARDINALS

Primary/Alternate Uniforms: Everybody that does a concept for the Cardinals uses the Arizona state flag in some shape or form these days. Most of the time it is sublimated in some area of the jersey (sleeves, back of jersey, pants, etc.) and there have been a lot of really great concepts out there that use this in the past. I knew that I would likely use it but I didn't want it to be the main focus of the uniform because I wanted to try something different. What I came up with was a way to reintroduce an older look and combine it with modern elements. I took influence from the combined striping/flag pattern that was used starting in 1989 and throughout the 90's. So what are the differences? The striping becomes smaller to fit the modern Nike template, the state flag actually features the Cardinal logo in the center as opposed to the star. The flag uses sublimated colors on the home uniform as a nod to the plain red uniforms from the 90's and the flag reverts to it's normal colors on the away just as it was used on the old uniforms as well. Copper is introduced as a new color replacing yellow (which was only used on the logo), this is implemented more so on the Alternate "State Pride" uniform. Copper helmet used as an alternate, it replaces all of the stripe colors and is used for the pants as well. The undershirt and gloves become more unique for this set by featuring the state flag colors as opposed to the sublimated version. All fonts used match the wordmarks as well.

Alternate Uniform

Arizona%20Cardinals%20Alternate%20Unifor

That alt is poppin'!

KANSAS CITY CHIEFS
Primary/Alternate Uniforms: 
Chiefs have a very classy look right now but the logo is outdated IMO. I decided to update it along with the fonts, pretty similar to how I did the Colts. Kept the same idea, just modernized it a little bit, you can see the old vs the new logo here. For the uniforms, I wanted to go with the same striping pattern but incorporate zig zags, this is something I did for a Illinois concept a couple years back, the pattern looks just like the primary logo's arrowhead outline as well. Other than that, not much to say, yellow jersey added as an alternate.

Home Uniform

Kansas%20City%20Chiefs%20Home%20Uniform_

Away Uniform

Kansas%20City%20Chiefs%20Away%20Uniform_

Alternate Uniform

Kansas%20City%20Chiefs%20Alternate%20Uni

Throwback Set: The throwback set is a Dallas Texans throwback set. However, since I used a similar helmet logo for the Houston Texan's throwback I decided to use the one of the Chiefs retro logos instead. I think it is a fine substitute considering there are still state outlines in the background. The Chiefs go for the all white look vs the Broncos.

Kansas%20City%20Chiefs%20Throwback%20Uni

48 minutes ago, cjm3114jr said:

I Think that the helmet stripe for KC should be more narrow. I am personally not a fan of being able to see the stripe from the side of the helmet.

Funny you should mention this, in reality I meant for it to be much more narrow but I was trying to render the side view to where you could get a visualization like I do with my other helmets. It is way harder to do with a custom striping pattern like this though and I think it is blown up on the side view way more than I intended it to be, I'll go back and fix that at some point though!

Brilliant idea to use the inaugural Chiefs states logo on the helmet for the throwback! I had never thought of that before, but it really does substitute the Texans logo very, very well. I'd love to see that in action. Great idea and execution!

CCSLC%20Signature_1.png

OAKLAND RAIDERS

Primary/Alternate Uniforms: In all honesty, the Raiders have a near perfect look. I did change a few things though, changed the name/number font to be consistent with the logo's font. Added the wordmark on the chest which is something I did for every team I believe (just looks way more professional to me that way). Logo gets added to the hip and black facemark for contrast purposes. The alternate uniform is basically an inverted home look with black helmets and pants and gray jerseys, this would also give the Raiders a chance to blackout at Home for a game if they chose to do so. 

Home Uniform

Oakland%20Raiders%20Home%20Uniform_zpsic

Away Uniform

Oakland%20Raiders%20Away%20Uniform_zpsa7

Alternate Uniform

Oakland%20Raiders%20Alternate%20Uniform_

Throwback Set: The throwback features a couple of 60's era combined uniform pieces. Mainly influenced by the 1963 look. As you can see on that image, the 62 set was worn during the preseason that year and I used the stripes from it with the primary set from 63. Silver retro helmet logo, silver numbers outlined in black on the back of the helmet (a nod to the silver numbered white jerseys). Everything else is pretty much self-explanatory, I would have loved to go with the silver numbered away uniforms, they may be my favorite Raider's unis but they are at Home vs the Panthers so I decided against it.

Oakland%20Raiders%20Throwback%20Uniform_

Only one team left in the West, looking back on the Chargers, I may make a couple of edits before I post them. Thanks for the comments above, would love to hear some more feedback, we only got two divisions and the pro bowl uniforms left and I'm gonna give you guys a sneak peek at my next project which is a spin-off of this series. I'll probably keep this thread alive as well as I look to add some things like action shots or photo-realistic jersey swaps. I'm looking to update my presentation for the next project as well so if that ends up happening, I may go back and apply these uniforms to said presentation and post an entire directory for each team at the end of the series.

Hopefully the reboot for the Raiders means they will win more ?. In all seriousness it does look good. Going back to the niners. I see what you mean by it but it would make for a great color on color matchup if you use the sb 19 matchup. Also in terms of player choice I'm not going to complain about any of them because I'm in no way shape or form an expert. Looking ahead a little bit. A suggestion will be a red vs blue jersey matchup.

On 6/1/2016 at 6:57 PM, bigmike said:

KANSAS CITY CHIEFS
Primary/Alternate Uniforms: 
Chiefs have a very classy look right now but the logo is outdated IMO. I decided to update it along with the fonts, pretty similar to how I did the Colts. Kept the same idea, just modernized it a little bit, you can see the old vs the new logo here. For the uniforms, I wanted to go with the same striping pattern but incorporate zig zags, this is something I did for a Illinois concept a couple years back, the pattern looks just like the primary logo's arrowhead outline as well. Other than that, not much to say, yellow jersey added as an alternate.

Home Uniform

Kansas%20City%20Chiefs%20Home%20Uniform_

Away Uniform

Kansas%20City%20Chiefs%20Away%20Uniform_

Alternate Uniform

Kansas%20City%20Chiefs%20Alternate%20Uni

Throwback Set: The throwback set is a Dallas Texans throwback set. However, since I used a similar helmet logo for the Houston Texan's throwback I decided to use the one of the Chiefs retro logos instead. I think it is a fine substitute considering there are still state outlines in the background. The Chiefs go for the all white look vs the Broncos.

Kansas%20City%20Chiefs%20Throwback%20Uni

I love the throwback you did. Nice use of the helmet logo. I don't like the update of the primary though. I've never seen anyone update it well. The current version is too good to me.

SAN DIEGO CHARGERS

Primary/Alternate Uniforms: Sorry for the delay in posting, but we are finally to the last team in the AFC West. This set may be in need of a few more tweaks but overall, I am pretty happy with the way it turned out. I went with a similar sleeve bolt design that they use now but chose to outline the bolt with all three of their primary colors (Powder Blue, White, Navy) and keep it consistent across each uniform piece. I put the focus on powder blue across the primary home and away sets, it is actually a little more "loud" than your traditional powder blue, I just used the colors they use in their primary logo. I updated the font to match the wordmark which I slightly tweaked as well, I felt like this was much more unique and I'm not really a fan of their current number font. Brought back helmet numbers, the alternate helmet is the same but instead of using the powder blue numbers they would just swap them out for navy numbers.

Home Uniform

San%20Diego%20Chargers%20Home%20Uniform_

Away Uniform

San%20Diego%20Chargers%20Away%20Uniform_

Alternate Uniform

San%20Diego%20Chargers%20Alternate%20Uni

Throwback Set: The Chargers might just have the best database to pick from for throwback uniforms. Because I wanted to do something different from the primary sets, I chose to go the yellow number/pants route. The jersey number and pants design are mainly influenced by the 1984 set. The helmet and blue color used are borrowed from the 1960's sets. They used the same uniform design for a large portion of their history so it still works to combine these color sets I think. This also gives a fun contrasting Color vs Color match-up between them and the Texans.

San%20Diego%20Chargers%20Throwback%20Uni

Archived