DTConcepts

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 hours ago, Zeus89725 said:

@Canucklehead800 Not my fault I can't afford Photoshop. I can't change that Paint.net leaves things scrappy. Also it'd be nice to have some actual criticism besides "This look sloppy and bad" whenever you post on my concepts.

Actual C&C appreciated!

He did give you actual C&C, you just ignored it and blamed it on the systems you use to create things, and that's just not true. The edges of your template are very rough, and on most of your concepts, the stripes look very crudely drawn on, and then erased along the edge of the template, but it looks like you did that in 30 seconds just to rattle off another concept. And just like Canucklehead mentioned, some of the colors in the logo don't even match the rest of colors on the jersey... You want the criticism, but it doesn't seem like you can take it. 

I love the oil drop shoulder patches, but they seem very repetitive on the sleeve too. Also maybe try and make the striping pattern consistent on at least the home and away. They don't entirely fit together... 

"And those who know Your Name put their trust in You, for You, O Lord, have not forsaken those who seek You." Psalms 9:10

4 hours ago, chcarlson23 said:

He did give you actual C&C, you just ignored it and blamed it on the systems you use to create things, and that's just not true. The edges of your template are very rough, and on most of your concepts, the stripes look very crudely drawn on, and then erased along the edge of the template, but it looks like you did that in 30 seconds just to rattle off another concept. And just like Canucklehead mentioned, some of the colors in the logo don't even match the rest of colors on the jersey... You want the criticism, but it doesn't seem like you can take it. 

I love the oil drop shoulder patches, but they seem very repetitive on the sleeve too. Also maybe try and make the striping pattern consistent on at least the home and away. They don't entirely fit together... 

Thanks chcarlson23.

9 hours ago, Zeus89725 said:

@Canucklehead800 Not my fault I can't afford Photoshop. I can't change that Paint.net leaves things scrappy. Also it'd be nice to have some actual criticism besides "This look sloppy and bad" whenever you post on my concepts.

Moving on, today we have the Edmonton Oilers, with a new logo (That actually isn't new) and new jersey designs. Take note of the oil drops on each arm.

Pres1.png

Pres2.png

Pres3.png

Pres4.png

Actual C&C appreciated!

Dude, you don't need photoshop to make a good clean presentation! Not my fault you can't take criticism. I haven't said that all of your concepts look bad, those are your words not mine. In fact, I kinda like your road Edmonton jersey.  However, I have said that they are sloppy at times... because they are and I'm not the only one who notices. There are a lot of things that need to be fixed before you can expect to receive much praise. Your ideas aren't worth much if you can't present them professionally -- especially since you've been at this for a while. I'm pointing these things out so that you can improve your method. I've posted many concepts, under a different name, and received invaluable criticism from others. Sure, it hurts a bit when your work isn't well received, but I've learned more from people who point out the flaws in my work than from those who drool at it. Not everyone will like my art, but one thing they can't fault it for is the execution/presentation. I try to show you how to improve, and you just don't seem to be able to handle it. I'm not going to praise something that I don't find  praiseworthy.

5 hours ago, chcarlson23 said:

It's not exactly his/your fault or the program's fault... You just need to find a template that's paint.net compatible... I know when you have your work has been outstanding... But you're trying out new templates and that's fine.

Let's stop insulting people and get this thread back on track!

Nyzv9xS.png

Twitter: @ldconcepts / Instagram: @ld.concepts / Website

@Canucklehead800 & @chcarlson23 are right here.

But I am going to admit you have great ideas. You wanna avoid pixalation issues with Paint.NET? Use Powerpoint for numbers and Logos.

Also, your last couple of sets have been pretty good. The Oilers set is really nice, but not sold on the dark Blue and Orange.... but I do adore the logo change!

There's lots of things you can do to make your work look better. I work with MS Paint, and should soon have my CFL series up.

new_orleans_krewe_player_sig___qb_donny_

I'd rather this not turn into a giant drama-fest. I know that's what I've set it up to be, but I now realize how stupid it was and that I should have recognized your criticism. But for me, you've consistently said that, and it just got a little annoying.

Regardless, I'll post tomorrow's concept today, but apparently it'll be a little rough. This next bunch will too, as I've been making them a few days before I post them.

The Florida Panthers are one of my favorite sets I've made, and were also the first set of jerseys I created.

Pres1.png

Pres2.png

Pres3.png

Pres4.png

Up next is another one of my favorite teams, and it follows the same jersey style as the Panthers I know it may seem a little unoriginal, but I think it works well for both teams. The logo was pulled from the Here's the Burger King logo, and I think it works well. It's modern, but classic. Regardless, here's the LA Kings!

Pres1.png

Pres2.png

Pres3.png

Pres4.png

The LA one is a solid design, but for me, it's a grating reminder of the franchise putting possibly the greatest player ever in what is arguably the worst jersey ever. This feels more like an ECHL jersey.

Like I said, it isn't the execution, I just feel like this identity has no business on the ice with an Original Six uniform.

Thunder Bay Lynx - International Hockey Association (2 seasons, 2017-18, 2019-20, 2018 Xtreme Cup Champions)Houston Armadillos - Major League Hockey (2 seasons, 2016-18) | Minnesota Muskies - North American Basketball Association (1 season, 2017-2018) | Louisville Thoroughbreds - United League of Baseball (1 season, 2017, 2017 United Cup Champions) | Las Vegas Thunderbirds - International Basketball League (1 season, 2016-17, 2017 Champions) 

Guest darkpiranha

I really like this Kings design, especially the third.  I haven't seen anyone try that particular combo of silver/grey, gold, and purple.

Sure, the full Burger King jersey was probably the low point for NHL jerseys, but the Kings' original silver and black jersey was the sweetest thing I'd ever seen in my life.  I remember that fateful day in 1988 when the news broke about Gretzky getting traded to the Kings, and my honest first thought was not about how my favorite team, the Oilers, were having their dynasty shattered, but that I'd have to somehow find a way to root for a team wearing those hideous old purple and gold Kings unis with the boring crown.  I was never ever more excited than when the LA press conference came on and he pulled that amazing silver and black uniform on.  From famine to feast in one unexpected heartbeat.   That was also the day that my own Dark Piranhas identity was formed and adopted the silver and black (because I know everyone was wondering).   

2 hours ago, BeerGuyJordan said:

The LA one is a solid design, but for me, it's a grating reminder of the franchise putting possibly the greatest player ever in what is arguably the worst jersey ever. This feels more like an ECHL jersey.

Like I said, it isn't the execution, I just feel like this identity has no business on the ice with an Original Six uniform.

May I ask why you feel like it wouldn't fair well on the ice with an original 6 uniform? I'm just wondering.

Guest darkpiranha

Because Original 6 uniforms are boring and traditional and lacking any sort of flair, while newer logos and designs aren't afraid to be creative with colors and angles and designs.  It all boils down to whether or not you think that traditional uniforms are the best/only way uniforms should be done, and that anything modern is heresy.  (Guess what side of the argument I'm on)

5 hours ago, BeerGuyJordan said:

The chest stripe may be a symbol of Montreal, but it's not theirs. I think it works really well. I also think the modern logo and classic jersey work really well together.

On 7 May 2016 at 5:17 AM, AnaheimSports said:

The ducks look bad with yellow and I like the new color scheme with Gold And Orange

Spoiler

What the

image.jpgimage.pngimage.pngGo the Blue Jays!And New Zealand!

image.png

Archived