DTConcepts

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 5/20/2016 at 2:05 PM, TheHealthiestScratch said:

May I ask why you feel like it wouldn't fair well on the ice with an original 6 uniform? I'm just wondering.

I just feel like the identity is very cartoony. This would be a great concept for the Royals or Monarchs farm teams, but I feel like it's a big step back from the current identity, and I say that as a fan of the Kings bringing back the purple to their sets.

On 5/20/2016 at 3:03 PM, darkpiranha said:

Because Original 6 uniforms are boring and traditional and lacking any sort of flair, while newer logos and designs aren't afraid to be creative with colors and angles and designs.  It all boils down to whether or not you think that traditional uniforms are the best/only way uniforms should be done, and that anything modern is heresy.  (Guess what side of the argument I'm on)

I actually am neither. I like the idea of the original six staying in, more or less, what they have now. They have the stadium series and alternates to experiment, but their identities are classic. 

The older a franchise, the more I like them in a "classic" look. I have no issue with experimentation and modern looks, but I do think using the third as a pilot program for major overhauls is a good idea, so you don't wind up with another Buffaslug. 

My issue with the Kings set isn't the colors or the execution, it just feels like a big step backwards, and the BK crown feels like a shaky basis for the team's identity and look, imo.

Thunder Bay Lynx - International Hockey Association (2 seasons, 2017-18, 2019-20, 2018 Xtreme Cup Champions) | Houston Armadillos - Major League Hockey (2 seasons, 2016-18) | Minnesota Muskies - North American Basketball Association (1 season, 2017-2018) | Louisville Thoroughbreds - United League of Baseball (1 season, 2017, 2017 United Cup Champions) | Las Vegas Thunderbirds - International Basketball League (1 season, 2016-17, 2017 Champions) 

6 hours ago, Zeus89725 said:

Alright, I'm gonna start off early today. Next I've got the Nashville Predators, I went back to their checkerboard striping from a few years ago, but still kept their primary colors. What do you think?

Pres1.png

Pres2.png

Pres3.png

Fans are often most critical of concepts for their teams on here, and I'm guilty of that (please bear that in mind). 

I feel like the lack of blue in the overall look of the home jersey leaves it feeling too light, almost like it would serve better as an away. I wouldn't mind seeing this as a third, but since the checkerboard doesn't have any strong ties to Nashville's heritage, I've never been a big fan of it. Also, I love the keyboard on the inside of the collar that they currently use. Moving away from music in favor of racing doesn't feel right to me.

That being said, your execution is pretty good, but I think switching the home jersey's blue and white on the sleeves and waist area will make it feel much more like a home jersey, instead of just a dark away one.

Thunder Bay Lynx - International Hockey Association (2 seasons, 2017-18, 2019-20, 2018 Xtreme Cup Champions) | Houston Armadillos - Major League Hockey (2 seasons, 2016-18) | Minnesota Muskies - North American Basketball Association (1 season, 2017-2018) | Louisville Thoroughbreds - United League of Baseball (1 season, 2017, 2017 United Cup Champions) | Las Vegas Thunderbirds - International Basketball League (1 season, 2016-17, 2017 Champions) 

Guest darkpiranha

Best. Rangers. Third. Ever.

(except I'd maybe put white behind Liberty's head, rather than having red show through).

4 hours ago, darkpiranha said:

Best. Rangers. Third. Ever.

(except I'd maybe put white behind Liberty's head, rather than having red show through).

I was going to say the same thing. Other than that, no complaints.

Up next is one of my favorite teams I've done this entire series, the Ottawa Senators. I made use of their beautiful alternate logo, and reintroduced the laurel leaf striping. I'm really excited to release these and the next bunch of teams because these are some of my favorite concepts I've ever made.

Pres1.png

Pres2.png

Pres3.png

Guest darkpiranha

Big thumbs up.  I'm always in favor of the Senators doubling down on the Roman aesthetic.

Archived