DTConcepts

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, Zeus89725 said:

Next up is the other team in the Stanley Cup Final, the San Jose Sharks. These jerseys are a mix of old and new, but the designs are nearly identical to their original jerseys.

Pres1.png

Pres2.png

Pres3.png

Pres4.png

These are just about perfect. I'm not competely sold on the blue sleeve ends on the white jersey, but it's growing on me. The teal is gorgeous. Shut up and take my money!

On September 20, 2012 at 0:50 AM, 'CS85 said:

It's like watching the hellish undead creakily shuffling their way out of the flames of a liposuction clinic dumpster fire.

On February 19, 2012 at 9:30 AM, 'pianoknight said:

Story B: Red Wings go undefeated and score 100 goals in every game. They also beat a team comprised of Godzilla, the ghost of Abraham Lincoln, 2 Power Rangers and Betty White. Oh, and they played in the middle of Iraq on a military base. In the sand. With no ice. Santa gave them special sand-skates that allowed them to play in shorts and t-shirts in 115 degree weather. Jesus, Zeus and Buddha watched from the sidelines and ate cotton candy.

POTD 5/24/12POTD 2/26/17

On 5/28/2016 at 0:52 PM, Zeus89725 said:

Next up is a design straight outta the 90's, with influences from the modern and past eras. It's the Philadelphia Flyers, with hints of teal and a new alternate logo that was actually proposed during the 90's.

Pres1.png

Pres2.png

Pres3.png

I think you should reverse the sleeve numbers on the two sets, they kind of get lost, especially on the road jersey.

Thunder Bay Lynx - International Hockey Association (2 seasons, 2017-18, 2019-20, 2018 Xtreme Cup Champions)Houston Armadillos - Major League Hockey (2 seasons, 2016-18) | Minnesota Muskies - North American Basketball Association (1 season, 2017-2018) | Louisville Thoroughbreds - United League of Baseball (1 season, 2017, 2017 United Cup Champions) | Las Vegas Thunderbirds - International Basketball League (1 season, 2016-17, 2017 Champions) 

On 5/20/2016 at 11:35 AM, darkpiranha said:

I really like this Kings design, especially the third.  I haven't seen anyone try that particular combo of silver/grey, gold, and purple.

Sure, the full Burger King jersey was probably the low point for NHL jerseys, but the Kings' original silver and black jersey was the sweetest thing I'd ever seen in my life.  I remember that fateful day in 1988 when the news broke about Gretzky getting traded to the Kings, and my honest first thought was not about how my favorite team, the Oilers, were having their dynasty shattered, but that I'd have to somehow find a way to root for a team wearing those hideous old purple and gold Kings unis with the boring crown.  I was never ever more excited than when the LA press conference came on and he pulled that amazing silver and black uniform on.  From famine to feast in one unexpected heartbeat.   That was also the day that my own Dark Piranhas identity was formed and adopted the silver and black (because I know everyone was wondering).   

I don't get how the Kings' classic purple and gold can be seen as hideous. Black and silver can be used by a variety of teams. The Kings owned purple and gold like the Flyers own orange and black. The NFL Vikings have worn purple and Athletic gold forever and I don't hear nor read others ridiculing their colours. The original crown is timeless....very similar to Real Madrid's crown. Had the Kings gone back to the 70s template with a white home uniform and made the gold uniforms a weekend home uniform, that would've been perfect. 

Guest darkpiranha
1 hour ago, VancouverFan69 said:

I don't get how the Kings' classic purple and gold can be seen as hideous. Black and silver can be used by a variety of teams. The Kings owned purple and gold like the Flyers own orange and black. The NFL Vikings have worn purple and Athletic gold forever and I don't hear nor read others ridiculing their colours. The original crown is timeless....very similar to Real Madrid's crown. Had the Kings gone back to the 70s template with a white home uniform and made the gold uniforms a weekend home uniform, that would've been perfect. 

Ugh!  It was just too much yellow.  It works on the Lakers because there's just a lot less total material. The Vikings only use yellow as an accent color.  The day the Vikings trot out on the field wearing all-yellow jerseys, I doubt you'd be singing the same tune.   And the Kings' original crown was garish even by 70's standards.  But.. that's why this is so much fun, because everyone has their own opinion and taste.  I just remain forever thankful that the Kings switched to silver and black in 1988.   Now if we can just get the Browns to redo their entire look from top to bottom...

1 minute ago, darkpiranha said:

Ugh!  It was just too much yellow.  It works on the Lakers because there's just a lot less total material. The Vikings only use yellow as an accent color.  The day the Vikings trot out on the field wearing all-yellow jerseys, I doubt you'd be singing the same tune.   And the Kings' original crown was garish even by 70's standards.  But.. that's why this is so much fun, because everyone has their own opinion and taste.  I just remain forever thankful that the Kings switched to silver and black in 1988.   Now if we can just get the Browns to redo their entire look from top to bottom...

Did you read where I suggested that the Kings could have kept the purple and Athletic gold but make white their primary light colour?

Totally disagree on primary yellow. It's a sharp alternative to white and it looks awesome when playing teams wearing vibrant dark colours. The Predators wear it and it looks great. My only beef is that it should be worn on the road with a matching navy at home. I hope the Penguins re-adopt their mid 80s home yellow as an alternate. Sweden wears it. The reason yellow has worked on the Lakers is because of their lengthy success. Never cared for the Kings' mid-70s yellow pants. That was too much yellow. The purple pants was perfect with the rest of the home uniform. Now, I am a traditionalist and I do appreciate the 90s white with black and silver. But when it's almost always white vs black, blue or red, it gets too boring. And as a long-time Canucks fan who bleeds blue, green and white, I will ALWAYS bleed and love their 80s home yellow. It's a primary colour like blue and red but it's light enough to be worn in the same fashion as white. Imagine the Kings playing the Red Wings...yellow vs red in Detroit and white vs purple in LA....variety.

As for the Kings' original crown, it has as much original detail as the Red Wings' Winged Wheel. 

Guest darkpiranha
2 hours ago, VancouverFan69 said:

Did you read where I suggested that the Kings could have kept the purple and Athletic gold but make white their primary light colour?

Totally disagree on primary yellow. It's a sharp alternative to white and it looks awesome when playing teams wearing vibrant dark colours. The Predators wear it and it looks great. My only beef is that it should be worn on the road with a matching navy at home. I hope the Penguins re-adopt their mid 80s home yellow as an alternate. Sweden wears it. The reason yellow has worked on the Lakers is because of their lengthy success. Never cared for the Kings' mid-70s yellow pants. That was too much yellow. The purple pants was perfect with the rest of the home uniform. Now, I am a traditionalist and I do appreciate the 90s white with black and silver. But when it's almost always white vs black, blue or red, it gets too boring. And as a long-time Canucks fan who bleeds blue, green and white, I will ALWAYS bleed and love their 80s home yellow. It's a primary colour like blue and red but it's light enough to be worn in the same fashion as white. Imagine the Kings playing the Red Wings...yellow vs red in Detroit and white vs purple in LA....variety.

As for the Kings' original crown, it has as much original detail as the Red Wings' Winged Wheel. 

I love variety.  I hate it when it's the same colors over and over.  And I love the Preds yellow.  There's just something that's always (and still) clashes with my soul whenever I see the old Kings' unis.  I'm looking at the Kings and Preds side by side, and it's just something about that yellow and purple next to each other that turns me off.  If it was broken up by some other more interesting patterns or elements and maybe bringing in white or black as an accent color, it would tone down the assault of yellow.    LSU has the same color scheme, but I think adding the white mitigates the yellow.   Maybe I just need to play around with my own version of the Kings, with the mandate that I use purple and yellow.  Maybe I'll find a way to love it.  

1 hour ago, darkpiranha said:

I love variety.  I hate it when it's the same colors over and over.  And I love the Preds yellow.  There's just something that's always (and still) clashes with my soul whenever I see the old Kings' unis.  I'm looking at the Kings and Preds side by side, and it's just something about that yellow and purple next to each other that turns me off.  If it was broken up by some other more interesting patterns or elements and maybe bringing in white or black as an accent color, it would tone down the assault of yellow.    LSU has the same color scheme, but I think adding the white mitigates the yellow.   Maybe I just need to play around with my own version of the Kings, with the mandate that I use purple and yellow.  Maybe I'll find a way to love it.  

Actually, the Kings 2nd generation purple and gold uniforms from the 80s had more white trimming than the original 70s version. However, I preferred the clean shoulder look of the latter. The purple, aka. "Forum Blue" is the colour of royalty and a bluer tone of purple complements yellow perfectly like blue complements orange, ie. Oilers, Islanders, NFL Broncos, NBA Knicks. 

Archived