Minnesota Timberwolves

Soblito

• Replies 742
  • Created
  • Last Reply

minny-leak-2017.png5ggk1t3vhjd19mm1hp5xvn05t.gif

The trees are a huge loss, and it looks like the T-Wolves are setting themselves up for no black in their identity.

Countdown to BFBS alt begins now...

On September 20, 2012 at 0:50 AM, 'CS85 said:

It's like watching the hellish undead creakily shuffling their way out of the flames of a liposuction clinic dumpster fire.

On February 19, 2012 at 9:30 AM, 'pianoknight said:

Story B: Red Wings go undefeated and score 100 goals in every game. They also beat a team comprised of Godzilla, the ghost of Abraham Lincoln, 2 Power Rangers and Betty White. Oh, and they played in the middle of Iraq on a military base. In the sand. With no ice. Santa gave them special sand-skates that allowed them to play in shorts and t-shirts in 115 degree weather. Jesus, Zeus and Buddha watched from the sidelines and ate cotton candy.

POTD 5/24/12POTD 2/26/17

17 hours ago, upperV03 said:

That's the same wolf, just flipped and without the extra definition and coloring. That's probably just someone else's mockup of what the logo might look like based on either what they've seen or heard, but surely the wolf on the actual logo isn't just a flipped and simplified version of what's already used in their current secondary logo.

Surely it isn't huh? It was much closer than what Conrad posted.

7 minutes ago, Sguse1 said:

Surely it isn't huh? It was much closer than what Conrad posted.

Sure maybe it was closer but the wolf in that rendering was the exact same wolf that Conrad used in his mockup, just without the extra definition and shadowing. My point was that there was no way the new logo would include the same wolf from their current secondary logo, and I was 100% right about that. Rather than reusing the current wolf and just flipping it and getting rid of the shadows, they introduced a completely new wolf.

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

1 minute ago, upperV03 said:

The only thing closer about it was that the wolf was facing the other way. But the wolf in that rendering was the exact same wolf that Conrad used in his mockup, just without the extra definition and shadowing. My point was that there was no way the new logo would include the same wolf from their current secondary logo, and I was 100% right about that. Rather than reusing the current wolf and just flipping it and getting rid of the shadows, they introduced a completely new wolf.

I said that the wolf was rendered differently than the current secondary in my post. The secondary was used as a base to get the idea. I live in Minnesota, have been around ccslc since '05 and wouldn't have posted that image without some sort confirmation that the logo was something close to that. 

Anyway, it will be interesting to see if any secondary/accompanying marks are introduced tonight as well. 

Just now, Sguse1 said:

I said that the wolf was rendered differently than the current secondary in my post. The secondary was used as a base to get the idea. I live in Minnesota, have been around ccslc since '05 and wouldn't have posted that image without some sort confirmation that the logo was something close to that. 

Anyway, it will be interesting to see if any secondary/accompanying marks are introduced tonight as well. 

I understand what you said but my entire point was that there was no way the wolf in the new logo was going to be the same wolf as what's currently used, just with the extra shadowing and definition removed. And I was right about that, it's indeed a completely new wolf. Sure it's facing the same way as what was in the image you posted, but the point still stands that the wolf in this new logo is not the same wolf as what's currently in use, and the mockup you posted used the current wolf just with the extra shadowing removed. 

It doesn't really even matter, just wanna make sure we're on the same page with the points we were both trying to get across. 

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

It's not bad. 

The colours are different enough from the Seahawks with the two shades of blue, the new Wolf looks nice & the new font looks simple & sleek. 

The "North Star" though makes the basketball look like the Tropicana Orange (Edited by me)T.png.2606424728f160058c07442f5208fa41.png

new_orleans_krewe_player_sig___qb_donny_

6 minutes ago, KittSmith_95 said:

It's not bad. 

The colours are different enough from the Seahawks with the two shades of blue, the new Wolf looks nice & the new font looks simple & sleek. 

The "North Star" though makes the basketball look like the Tropicana Orange (Edited by me)T.png.2606424728f160058c07442f5208fa41.png

I don't think I'll ever un-see that now.

sig.png

2 minutes ago, upperV03 said:

I understand what you said but my entire point was that there was no way the wolf in the new logo was going to be the same wolf as what's currently used, just with the extra shadowing and definition removed. And I was right about that, it's indeed a completely new wolf. Sure it's facing the same way as what was in the image you posted, but the point still stands that the wolf in this new logo is not the same wolf as what's currently in use, and the mockup you posted used the current wolf just with the extra shadowing removed. 

It doesn't really even matter, just wanna make sure we're on the same page with the points we were both trying to get across. 

I clearly said the new wolf would be rendered differently than the current secondary. The image I posted was from someone who saw the new logo and attempted to recreate it using the current secondary as it was 'close' to the new wolf. Sorry I even posted. :rolleyes:

15 minutes ago, KittSmith_95 said:

It's not bad. 

:lol:

Took the Nike insiders, newspapers, and Reddit long enough to leak it. It was long overdue.

JK, but it's really a general "meh" to me. The trees are a big loss, and I don't think I'll ever unsee the Tropicana orange. The wordmark is terrible - I absolutely hate when designers take out the crossbar int he "a". It does look a lot like the Coyotes (Arisota Timberyotes?), but I love the Coyotes logo (unpopular opinion?), so it's ont a problem for me. Lateral to slightly better move, IMO. I'll just have to wait for the unis to make a full impression.

ExJworW.png

I'd call it a lateral move at best.  The unis will make or break this new identity.  Double blue unis gives this an automatic fail. I already hate the way the Mavs and Seahawks look so my hopes aren't very high for this.

You know why I don't see an orange?  Because it's not freaking orange.  That's going out of the way to make something out of nothing.

It's nice, but I'd like for the blues to be further apart - the lighter should be lighter.  I'd actually prefer for the darker to be lighter too - I don't want to see them in navy uniforms.

Just the right amount of neon was used.  I've seen concepts with a neon ball, and that's way too much.  I really hope they have a neon alt - that would be just too sweeeet.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Archived