Minnesota Timberwolves

Soblito

• Replies 742
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Funkatron101 said:

I think the double blue is what bothers me the most. I would have loved to see them emphasize green more in their logo and uniforms. Forest green jerseys with neon green for the tree pattern and pale blue trim.  
MTimberwolves_Global_recolor_zpswpc6rxjc

Wow!   Much better.  The Tulane-like color palette is way underused in sports.

3 minutes ago, oldschoolvikings said:

It's a stretch, but you can kind of see it.

Most runic alphabets I've seen draw that rune as slanted to one side, but a straigh ^ isn't out of the question.

Either way that run's dual symbolic meanings are "wild oxe" and "strength." Neither of which have anything to do with wolves, Minnesota, or wolves in Minnesota. Regardless of what Nike-speak the designers throw at us.

The A only bugs me because they also have a V in their name and with the way they're both positioned the two characters are more or less pointing in the the same direction so my eyeballs' first impression is those are the same letter. I would've just thrown a horizontal bar on there and not worried about it. It's a big visual risk for a reward that is, what exactly? I don't like it. If they were the Minnesota Timberdogs then it wouldn't have that instant vibration. 

It feels like one of Fraser Davidson's SB Nation logos that a team decided to use for real. 

PvO6ZWJ.png

13 minutes ago, hettinger_rl said:

Why not just go with something like this:

Mock2a.png.aba9aa3c123f454415d72a22793df759.png

It would still work in a similar way but also gives the timber aspect.

I was actually working up something along these lines.  new colors with the old wolf and treeline.  Would be much better than what they're going with.  great work

Shots fired.

Screen Shot 2017-04-12 at 2.40.57 PM.png

On September 20, 2012 at 0:50 AM, 'CS85 said:

It's like watching the hellish undead creakily shuffling their way out of the flames of a liposuction clinic dumpster fire.

On February 19, 2012 at 9:30 AM, 'pianoknight said:

Story B: Red Wings go undefeated and score 100 goals in every game. They also beat a team comprised of Godzilla, the ghost of Abraham Lincoln, 2 Power Rangers and Betty White. Oh, and they played in the middle of Iraq on a military base. In the sand. With no ice. Santa gave them special sand-skates that allowed them to play in shorts and t-shirts in 115 degree weather. Jesus, Zeus and Buddha watched from the sidelines and ate cotton candy.

POTD 5/24/12POTD 2/26/17

This isn't bad, but there's one thing I keep thinking might make it work a little better.

twolves.png

A slight rotation to let the A without the crossbar point straight up--or, if you will, north.  The wolf also feels like it's at a more natural angle.

Buy some t-shirts and stuff at KJ Shop!

KJ BrandedBehance portfolio

POTD 2013-08-22

On 7/14/2012 at 2:20 AM, tajmccall said:

When it comes to style, ya'll really should listen to Kev.

1 hour ago, oldschoolvikings said:

Alphabets_Futhark_Nordic_Runes_01.jpg

It's a stretch, but you can kind of see it.

Throwing aside the whole "inspired by" spiel, IMO the font is pretty nice.  I think it could translate pretty well to the jersey front, especially in one-layer white on navy. 

i like it. if thats where they started, i think its a fine execution. obviously you're not going to make a typeface out of those symbols, so taking note of the angles, tall straight lines, and monoweight of them i think they made a really nice font out of it all. very nice way to take something old and form a new idea

GRAPHIC ARTIST

BEHANCE  /  MEDIUM  /  DRIBBBLE

27 minutes ago, Mockba said:

This isn't bad, but there's one thing I keep thinking might make it work a little better.

twolves.png

A slight rotation to let the A without the crossbar point straight up--or, if you will, north.  The wolf also feels like it's at a more natural angle.

i almost like this. but in this context, A points/represents north, so what does that say about the V? it has to become a pointer as well and i think theres too much negative connotation. if you allow the A to just be an A and the entire alphabet to be rune inspired, you don't have to worry about it. it is kind of visually pleasing to see the A point due north, but the meaning doesn't work for the team name– especially when spelled out horizontally. 

GRAPHIC ARTIST

BEHANCE  /  MEDIUM  /  DRIBBBLE

Archived