Minnesota Timberwolves

Soblito

13 minutes ago, Discogod said:

The Pacers also used a horizontal stripe across the chest from '85-'90. 

For that matter, the Buffalo Braves used diagonal stripes several years before Portland, albiet at a much more acute angle.

The Pacers' Chuck Person-era unis had a single horizontal stripe (with a little trim).  Dallas' recent (and, perhaps, current?) skyline alt jersey has a single horizontal stripe, for that matter.  Neither uniform has the multiple horizontal stripes the Bullets/Wizards are famous for.

Those Mavs' jerseys are also a party foul, to the extent that they co-opt the Nugs' skyline motif (that is, unless others can think of other examples of teams incorporating skylines into their uni design).

You're right about Buffalo, though. :)

• Replies 742
  • Created
  • Last Reply
27 minutes ago, Zilla2K said:

Not a fan of Minnesota's new unis 

IMG_0439.JPG

Wait what? Any sort of confirmation on these at all, or are these just unis you saw in a 2k vid and assumed were real? To me it looks like they were custom made with the Wizards striping pattern on the jersey and some generic "Spripe #3" on the pants. I can't imagine their new uniforms not featuring a trace of their new green color, tree motifs, or unique striping pattern

2 minutes ago, Power_Ranger_Rick said:

Wait what? Any sort of confirmation on these at all, or are these just unis you saw in a 2k vid and assumed were real? To me it looks like they were custom made with the Wizards striping pattern on the jersey and some generic "Spripe #3" on the pants. I can't imagine their new uniforms not featuring a trace of their new green color, tree motifs, or unique striping pattern

It's definitely 2K18, nobody has nade this uniform on 2K17, Nike socks weren't available in 2K17, and the texture on the compression pants are new.

Also, it's a different model for KAT than the model he had, and his body type is new

I would have never told you in 100 tries that the Wolves would have picked that set (if legit).  The top is too Wizards-y, and the shorts scream a random D1 college in 1999.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

6 hours ago, Lights Out said:

Not a good look, IMO. They remind me of the Wizards' uniforms, and those aren't very good in the first place.

The Timberwolves had it right here, and every change since then has been a downgrade:

aQYiuqb.jpg

5vvJQpV.jpg

Those were pretty good. Had a good balance of green, actually emphasized the "Timber" part of their name and retained the tree collar, but these will always be one of my favorite NBA unis ever

2960151.thumb.jpg.88af0f07965a58b0c3688712825e6330.jpg

PvO6ZWJ.png

12 hours ago, Digby said:

Maybe I spent too much time in the Football Manager modding world, but this just looks like a recolor of the Wizards .psd file to me.

It does look similar to the Wizards, but it's almost certainly real based on the fact that it was included in a 2K18 article on CNET that they've since had to pull the picture from.

12 hours ago, McCarthy said:

Those were pretty good. Had a good balance of green, actually emphasized the "Timber" part of their name and retained the tree collar, but these will always be one of my favorite NBA unis ever

I've never liked the Garnett set. IMO, there wasn't enough color and it looked washed-out. The wordmark they used back then was one of the worst in sports history, too. The post-Garnett set took what worked and refined it to make a modern classic. I know people think it was too busy, but IMO, busy is not the same thing as bad. There's nothing wrong with having an intricate, detailed uniform if it looks good.

xLmjWVv.png

POTD: 2/4/12 3/4/12

13 hours ago, McCarthy said:

That's an upside down 8.

bSLCtu2.png

1 hour ago, Lights Out said:

I've never liked the Garnett set. IMO, there wasn't enough color and it looked washed-out. The wordmark they used back then was one of the worst in sports history, too. The post-Garnett set took what worked and refined it to make a modern classic. I know people think it was too busy, but IMO, busy is not the same thing as bad. There's nothing wrong with having an intricate, detailed uniform if it looks good.

I didn't like the Garnett set, either.  Given that the wordmark and number had two outlines, one of them should have been green. I'm also with you on the wordmark.  

While the next set was an improvement, I still think green was too "off to the side" and should have been incorporated into the wordmark and numbers.

Also, I never liked the trees on the trim, which I know puts in the minority.

This last set, sucking the green right out from the previous was Padres-like in that it seemed almost defiant.

But if these images are true, the managed to create a uniform set that will run away with the title of "worst in team history."  Bravo.

(and I did not even mention the inaugural set...far and away my favorite)

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

2 hours ago, Lights Out said:

I've been on the record in this thread already about how my all-time favorite set is the Wolves' inaugural uniforms. (I refer to them as the Pooh Richardson era unis.) I get that the logo is dated and has its flaws, so I won't argue that point. But I loved the simplicity of the uniform and just how bright it was. I was really hoping the new Wolves unis would build off of that set.

And since we're talking about it, I'll double-down on my previous sentiments about the Garnett-era uniforms — easily the worst in the club's history. That wordmark alone is enough to tank the set. But the tree-trimmed collars are really cheesy. 

Archived