Minnesota Timberwolves

Soblito

• Replies 742
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, Satomiblood said:

The template isn't bad. It's just the blatant lack of green that bothers me.

That's exactly it. A top 5 look with a green outline, stripe, or something. Why even introduce the new green and not use it?

This reminds me of MLB and the overuse of colors, like red.

Still not over my Dbacks going from purple and teal to "Sedona Red" for a bit.

I was hoping we'd see NBA teams take chances and be brave with unique colors.  

10 minutes ago, suns1977 said:

This reminds me of MLB and the overuse of colors, like red.

Still not over my Dbacks going from purple and teal to "Sedona Red" for a bit.

I was hoping we'd see NBA teams take chances and be brave with unique colors.  

So true...

Jaguars

2 hours ago, Bucfan56 said:

If that really is their new look, they just dropped to the very bottom of the entire league. 

It isn't even close

1-29. Not the Timberwolves

30. Timberwolves

The narrowness of the gap is exaggerated. I am not risking a ban for making it any bigger than needed.

MofnV2z.png

The CCSLC's resident Geelong Cats fan.

Viva La Vida or Death And All His Friends. Sounds like something from a Rocky & Bullwinkle story arc.

Holy hell these are bad (if accurate). Everything about the Timberwolves redesign was backwards. 

Not to get too whatever here but "timber" and "wolves" are like two really cool words! They make me think of fresh air, snow, the night sky, and a deep green forest. How the hell did we end up with navy and the greeniest green imaginable? With no tree patterns! 

I feel similarly about the "sea" "hawks."

concepts: washington football (2017) ... nfl (2013) ... yikes

potd 10/20/12

5 minutes ago, Primzahl said:

At this point Minnesota should just drop the 'Timber' part of their name.

Totally agree. "Minnesota Wolves" sounds so much better than "Minnesota Timberwolves."

I've always been of the opinion that if you can't fit your nickname on the front of a jersey reasonably, it's probably too long and clunky of a name. (Looking at you, D-Backs.) The Supersonics were probably the one exception.

Wolves is a great name that incredibly isn't used by any other professional teams. Ditch the clunky compound adjective and just go with "Wolves."

Minnesota is an interesting branding case to me because while baseball and hockey combined with Minnesota's innate Minnesotaness compel a real old-school approach, I think there's a lot more latitude to try different stuff with the basketball team. I wouldn't mind the Timberwolves going off the wall. I can't tell whether this is.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

55 minutes ago, kroywen said:

Totally agree. "Minnesota Wolves" sounds so much better than "Minnesota Timberwolves."

I've always been of the opinion that if you can't fit your nickname on the front of a jersey reasonably, it's probably too long and clunky of a name. (Looking at you, D-Backs.) The Supersonics were probably the one exception.

Wolves is a great name that incredibly isn't used by any other professional teams. Ditch the clunky compound adjective and just go with "Wolves."

Because Seattle never had a jersey that said "Supersonics." I guess you could have said the same thing about them, that they should have just dropped the "super" from their name. They didn't even have it in their logo past 1995.

6 hours ago, DJT said:

New wolves shorts. So seeming like no green at all except a tad on the logo. Too bad.

2017-08-09_10-29-54.jpg

Just realized why Wiggins leaked the team's new Nike shorts.

Look no further than his shirt. He is signed to Adidas. Troll level 90! 

Ps. I'm still trying to figure out when,why and how we go from the uniforms having the subliminal tree side panels design...to these?? We had good sources confirm them. Oh well.

shado_logo.gif

Archived