Minnesota Timberwolves

Soblito

• Replies 742
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, upperV03 said:

These suck. No other way to put it.

Yeah...especially after seeing that video game screen shot.  This may be as disappointed as I've ever been in a Minnesota uniform reveal...and that includes the gold-trimmed Twins and all the little regressions the Wild used to take.  Not to mention past Wolves transgressions and missed opportunities.  

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

20 hours ago, upperV03 said:

These new uniforms just look like something that could be picked out of a catalog. 

That seems to be Nike's move. They look like the Mavericks in a Wizards template. 

It also sort of looks like they were designed to house the Fitbit ad and if that's the case GO F*** YOURSELVES, NBA. 

PvO6ZWJ.png

1 minute ago, McCarthy said:

That seems to be Nike's move. They look like the Mavericks in a Wizards template. 

It also sort of looks like they were designed to house the Fitbit ad and if that's the case GO F*** YOURSELVES, NBA. 

Hit the nail on the head right there.

Jesus, those stripes in the midway point of the shorts make it look like another pair of shorts coming out beneath.  

Not a fan.  Not at all.  I hated the trees, now I miss them.  I'm now seeing the forest for the trees.

10 minutes ago, upperV03 said:

These suck. No other way to put it.

Minnesota should drop the "Timber" from their names.  If you're not gonna take advantage of that look or name on the uniform, just drop it already.  They may be the best dressed intramural team but this is a joke for an NBA team.

10 minutes ago, McCarthy said:

Kinda like the Seahawks...

Though I will say this...I actually thought a silver lining was that the ad was a little less noticeable than what we've seen for many other teams.

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

This Minnesota set is absolutely, positively, totally fine. I actually kind of like it even. It's definitely in the conversation for best Timberwolves set yet. But that has a lot more to do with Minnesota never having any worthwhile uniforms. 

3 minutes ago, deltarich87 said:

Their shorts look like swim trunks man

I can imagine the brandspeak that will come out about these: 

"Our shorts have the striping pattern of swim trunks from the 1950's as a nod to the land of 10,000 lakes and also the last time this City had a relevant basketball team..." 

8 minutes ago, Red Wolf said:

This Minnesota set is absolutely, positively, totally fine. I actually kind of like it even. It's definitely in the conversation for best Timberwolves set yet. But that has a lot more to do with Minnesota never having any worthwhile uniforms. 

I don't disagree, but for the absence of green. I get the instinct to be subtle with a neon accent color, but there's such a thing as being too subtle. 

These would be 1,000x better had they outlined the word mark and numbers in green.

And since someone brought up the Seahawks, there's a good example of how to incorporate eon green into a set with subtlety. 

Archived