Minnesota Timberwolves

Soblito

• Replies 742
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 hours ago, lafferty daniel said:

When do we think we'll see the new logo or uniforms?  

Probably around NBA Draft Lottery time, especially if the Wolves are in it :(

There could be an issue with officially releasing Nike logos / unis before the season is over though, so it might not come until after the Finals are over and we're leading up to the 2017 NBA Draft. Could maybe catch some leaks before that, though.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
4 minutes ago, Twinberwolvikings said:

The new logo will be unveiled April 11 during halftime of the final home game. 

Capture.JPG

Even more confirmation about the trees with the side treatment of that capture. I'm actually excited to see this new look, with the colors it looks to be that they chose. And the designer has done good work in the league with the Pelicans, Hornets, etc.

I wonder if the trees will be a subliminated pattern across the uniform, something like Atlanta's triangles. It could possibly work.

Either way, I'm excited for this one. Given the track record of the designer, this should be pretty well done.

CCSLC%20Signature_1.png

Three weeks seems so far away,,.looking forward to it.

I've always like how the negative space (if there is indeed negative space) in the tree pattern is upside down trees.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

I am a mix of hopefulness and nervousness.  

I like how much green I am seeing...but that tree pattern seems very Atlanta Hawks.  This could be Hawks/Seahawks and possibly have a great blue/green color scheme at home but then use black/blue with no green, or something, on the road.

I anticipate being happy on logo day...I expect something close either to the original logo or the current alt, but with more green.  But I am nervous about the uniform; I'd rather they go more traditional and less Atlanta.  (Then I remind myself that they'll have a corporate sponsor and it's an auto-downgrade, anyway.)

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

10 hours ago, buckeye said:

Even more confirmation about the trees with the side treatment of that capture. I'm actually excited to see this new look, with the colors it looks to be that they chose. And the designer has done good work in the league with the Pelicans, Hornets, etc.

I agree with you here. At first I wasn't overly excited to hear the TWolves were updating since NBA logos seem to be complete hit or miss over the last 5-10 years. But after reading this project is done by the same guys (RARE Designs I think) who did the Hornets, Pelicans, Hawks, Kings, and I think Grizzlies as well, some of the better NBA looks in my opinion (although I still dislike volt in the Hawks case), I'm confident we won't end up with an OKC, Clippers, Raptors, Nets, or Warriors disappointment. 

Archived