Soblito

Minnesota Timberwolves

Recommended Posts

On 8/12/2017 at 7:30 PM, Buc said:

While i was out at a sporting goods store earlier today, my eyes happened upon this:

 

20170812_133309.thumb.jpg.1eac74cc48718ff20df7f87a51fafa99.jpg

 

And then it hit me...

 

mntw-jersey-unveil-nike-points-front-170.thumb.png.f2ccff23bd416097222ce931fb83cc31.png

 

Just sayin'.

 

Nice catch. My thinking was a beach towel, which would be perfect for the Clippers now that I think about it. Not so great for a team in the Twin Cities who plays a winter time sport. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I can't help but see some similarities here:

 

Minne LP.jpg

minnesota white.jpg

- Two tone blue
- Stripes at top and bottom

- Very minimal green

 

Maybe this design is more "Minnesota" than I originally thought.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

From the 2K18 trailer, a few more looks at the new court for the Wolves:

IMG_6889.thumb.PNG.630b8344e22c9c1440197bdd5d540ab6.PNGIMG_6890.thumb.PNG.6ef1587fd32b44d57ab70735d8e6e05d.PNGIMG_6891.thumb.JPG.fd5daa48a697a29c19797e328d7d88a0.JPG

Confirmation of "MINNESOTA" on one baseline, and "TIMBERWOLVES" on the other.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I love Blue as much as the next guy, but having two tones of Blue that are hardly a difference is just plain bad from a design standpoint. How you have a color like green in your palette and don't utilize it is beyond me, but it's the Wolves after all.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, upperV03 said:

From the 2K18 trailer, a few more looks at the new court for the Wolves:

IMG_6891.thumb.JPG.fd5daa48a697a29c19797e328d7d88a0.JPG

Confirmation of "MINNESOTA" on one baseline, and "TIMBERWOLVES" on the other.

 

I hope that this isn't the final court design. The court just looks busy with too much blue and overuse of their team name. IMO they shouldn't use the primary logo since the baselines already says MINNESOTA & TIMBERWOLVES. Instead, the center court should have the secondary logo. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, steppenwolf said:

 

I hope that this isn't the final court design. The court just looks busy with too much blue and overuse of their team name. IMO they shouldn't use the primary logo since the baselines already says MINNESOTA & TIMBERWOLVES. Instead, the center court should have the secondary logo. 

 

Based on similar (or identical) previous leaks of the NBA 2K court, our local Associate Press sports writer responded on twitter that this isn't the final court design, and is likely just a placeholder.  He was accurate on some other uniform predictions and is pretty dialed into the club so I'd feel confident about his response.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, steppenwolf said:

 

I hope that this isn't the final court design. The court just looks busy with too much blue and overuse of their team name. IMO they shouldn't use the primary logo since the baselines already says MINNESOTA & TIMBERWOLVES. Instead, the center court should have the secondary logo. 

 

Busy? I was going to say plain AF.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, buckeye said:

I love Blue as much as the next guy, but having two tones of Blue that are hardly a difference is just plain bad from a design standpoint. How you have a color like green in your palette and don't utilize it is beyond me, but it's the Wolves after all.

They'll probably end up replacing one of the blues with green in 5 years

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, Tracy MidGrady said:

They'll probably end up replacing one of the blues with green a different shade of blue in 5 years

 

Fixed that for you.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Wow that court is really drab. Hope it's a place holder. 

 

I also think any team with a new court should not use college lines...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/11/2017 at 1:02 PM, j'villejags said:

From the Timberwolves subreddit:

 

mzIO1Ga.png

 

38uIFDg.png

 

7JmRNxy.png

 

Just realized what that font reminds me of:

 

Svedka_logo.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

MIN.png 

 

I'm surprised at how BRIGHT that green is. Will be interesting to see the actual uni, but I'd imagine it will use Nike's "Action Green" color, which looks like this:

 

47102.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

That certainly does make a statement.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, Conrad. said:

MIN.png 

 

I'm surprised at how BRIGHT that green is. Will be interesting to see the actual uni, but I'd imagine it will use Nike's "Action Green" color, which looks like this:

 

47102.jpg

 

 Is "Action Green" different from "Volt"

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Lee Noire said:

That certainly does make a statement.

 

and that statement is..... neon boat party?????

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.