Minnesota Timberwolves

Soblito

• Replies 742
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I had the (likely popular) opinion that the logo and colors were great and the uniforms were bad.  I've warmed to the uniforms a bit.  I think the colors work well on the white and blue jerseys and I'm starting to get used to the uniform designs.  However, they could obviously have done better.  I wish the green was a bit less loud (particularly since they are wearing a green jersey), I don't like how low the wordmark rides and I don't really like the wordmark very much.  The number font is tolerable (except for the huge, too-round "0") and they do have the bonus of having one of the least obvious corporate sponsor patches.

Overall, I think I'm at the point where I like the entire package (sans corporate logo) better than the anything after the inaugural look* but they really could have nailed it with better uniforms.

*I hold the unpopular opinion of not liking the KG era. The green was too pushed to the side, the number font was awful and the wordmark was nearly as bad.  

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

4 hours ago, OnWis97 said:

I had the (likely popular) opinion that the logo and colors were great and the uniforms were bad.  I've warmed to the uniforms a bit.  I think the colors work well on the white and blue jerseys and I'm starting to get used to the uniform designs.  However, they could obviously have done better.  I wish the green was a bit less loud (particularly since they are wearing a green jersey), I don't like how low the wordmark rides and I don't really like the wordmark very much.  The number font is tolerable (except for the huge, too-round "0") and they do have the bonus of having one of the least obvious corporate sponsor patches.

Overall, I think I'm at the point where I like the entire package (sans corporate logo) better than the anything after the inaugural look* but they really could have nailed it with better uniforms.

*I hold the unpopular opinion of not liking the KG era. The green was too pushed to the side, the number font was awful and the wordmark was nearly as bad.  

I share your dislike of the  KG-era unis, but not because of its lack of green. I just thought they were plain ugly.

Like the KG-era unis, I can't get over the disproportionate color balance in these uniforms. They overcompensate for the near-absence of green in the primary two sets by tossing out that garish neon garbage. The latest all gray uniform isn't terrible, but it doesn't exactly elevate an otherwise mediocre set. 

Archived