Soblito

Minnesota Timberwolves

Uggh God, are you in pop country? 

"Sota" is a bit of a "thing," I guess.  I've seen t-shirts that say Sota.  That said, please don't let this be true.  Please.

14 hours ago, OnWis97 said:

"Sota" is a bit of a "thing," I guess.  I've seen t-shirts that say Sota.  That said, please don't let this be true.  Please.

I guess that's different, though. That's an attempt at marketing. I'm a born and raised Minnesotan who grew up in rural west central Minnesota and then moved to the cities, and I've never once heard anybody refer to it as 'Sota (the state or the pop lol). 

35 minutes ago, PaleVermilion81 said:

I guess that's different, though. That's an attempt at marketing. I'm a born and raised Minnesotan who grew up in rural west central Minnesota and then moved to the cities, and I've never once heard anybody refer to it as 'Sota (the state or the pop lol). 

I hear it sometimes, though more often in relation to the Gophers.  It's like a slightly less used version of 'Sconnie for Wisconsin.  Both are stupid.  

16 minutes ago, OnWis97 said:

It's like a slightly less used version of 'Sconnie for Wisconsin.  Both are stupid.  

Thank you - was just about to say the same thing.

1 hour ago, BrianLion said:

Looks like it is a "thing"

decal_black_large.jpg?v=1444851379

https://www.sotaclothing.com/

But that's a marketing/business angle. It's different than the locals referring to our state as "Sota". It's nothing that makes any sense so as to put it on the jersey of one of our pro teams in my view. If my Loons did something like that I would cringe. 

16 hours ago, Kaz said:

The Minnesota Timberwolves should drop part of their name off, and "Minne" is not it.

Hopefully it's just their "Pride" or Nike equivalent jersey, though Twin Cities would have been way better.

MPLS.  ^_^

The Timberwolves should be contracted if they approve a jersey with "SOTA" across it.

2 hours ago, Ice_Cap said:

The Timberwolves should be contracted if they approve a jersey with "SOTA" across it.

Agreed. The only thing that could make that jersey worse is if the word "mini" appeared above it in tiny letters. 

On 3/26/2017 at 10:26 AM, WSU151 said:

Their original look was dated when it came out back in 1989?  I don't think so.

No. It was dated. And, very generic and tame. 

21 minutes ago, gosioux76 said:

Agreed. The only thing that could make that jersey worse is if the word "mini" appeared above it in tiny letters. 

No.  It could be much worse.  It could say Tatatat Minn.

So they think that Minnesota ot Timberwolves i to much to put on a jersey?
ok so it will be like this (imagine sublimated tree pattern on the whole thing and mix&match shorts)

sw.png