Minnesota Timberwolves

Soblito

Why is this a thing now?  Cities with longer names were never an issue before, but now it seems franchises are trying their hardest to condense and reduce name size on jerseys.  Its 2017, we have HD and 4K TV's, we can make out the letters.   

• Replies 742
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 hours ago, CLEstones said:

Why is this a thing now?  Cities with longer names were never an issue before, but now it seems franchises are trying their hardest to condense and reduce name size on jerseys.  Its 2017, we have HD and 4K TV's, we can make out the letters.   

It all started with Phoenix's PHX jersey and then spread to Atlanta, New Orleans, Portland, Detroit and Charlotte. I am sure I am missing someone else. But, point being ... it is dumb. I can see a point for PHX, ATL, NOLA (my favorite) and even DC. But, Rip City, Motor City, Buzz City, Clutch City -- keep them off the jerseys. 

kimball banner.png

"I always wanted to be somebody, but now I realize I should have been more specific." Lily Tomlin

7 hours ago, kimball said:

It all started with Phoenix's PHX jersey and then spread to Atlanta, New Orleans, Portland, Detroit and Charlotte. I am sure I am missing someone else. But, point being ... it is dumb. I can see a point for PHX, ATL, NOLA (my favorite) and even DC. But, Rip City, Motor City, Buzz City, Clutch City -- keep them off the jerseys. 

wilt-chamberlain-1968-7.jpg

spacer.png

spacer.png

I love PHILA on the jerseys.  Philadelphia is long and not aesthetically pleasing.  Like my wang.  

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

On 3/28/2017 at 8:51 PM, BringBackTheVet said:

I love PHILA on the jerseys.  Philadelphia is long and not aesthetically pleasing.  Like my wang.  

It looks good and is functional.  Nothing wrong with it.  Just correcting the claim that PHX was the first abbreviated home name on a jersey.  Philly started it all.

spacer.png

spacer.png

5 hours ago, Silent Wind of Doom said:

It looks good and is functional.  Nothing wrong with it.  Just correcting the claim that PHX was the first abbreviated home name on a jersey.  Philly started it all.

I can't believe you followed up a post in which BBTV mentions his wang by saying "It looks good and is functional.  Nothing wrong with it."

On 3/28/2017 at 6:42 PM, Silent Wind of Doom said:

wilt-chamberlain-1968-7.jpg

Right. I guess I should have clarified, meaning the current craze with it, because there was a good 30-35 years between the PHILA jerseys and Phoenix's PHX look. 

kimball banner.png

"I always wanted to be somebody, but now I realize I should have been more specific." Lily Tomlin

17 hours ago, kimball said:

Right. I guess I should have clarified, meaning the current craze with it, because there was a good 30-35 years between the PHILA jerseys and Phoenix's PHX look. 

More Minnesota-y would be this:

mpls-lakers-666x426.jpg

Granted it's more of an abbreviation, but it's the same concept.

2014Event7_Medal.pngEvent5_Medal.pngSDLureFT1L2.pngwb9iz8.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, MCM0313 said:

Like MY wang!

you owe me a nickel.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

8 hours ago, ZionEagle said:

Really hoping they don't mess this one up, the T-Wolves have great design potential.

I don't know why, but I just don't have a good feeling about this one.

50 minutes ago, mafiaman said:

A nickle?

el.  oops.

Archived