Minnesota Timberwolves

Soblito

• Replies 742
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, mjd77 said:

I don't know why, but I just don't have a good feeling about this one.

Neither do I. And that's rather strang considering the fact that I like the pelicans logo and such, so theoretically, I should be trusting that this designer will put out a great logo. But for some reason my gut isn't agreeing with me about the whole ordeal, so hopefully I'm pleasantly surprised in the end :P 

iHxPa5Y.pngqXp6spn.png

"Winners never quit, and quitters never win." ~Vince Lombardi

I have a good feeling about the logo.  But a bad feeling about the uniforms.

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

Apparently there were sneak peaks at a portion of the logo for wolves season ticket holders and one confirmed there will be a 4 pointed green north star in the logo. 

Also in the latest video there is an interesting mention of the northern lights as color inspiration. as well as a possible work mark and what looks like to be a head of of a front facing wolf. .

Screen Shot 2017-04-09 at 11.17.25 AM.jpg

Screen Shot 2017-04-09 at 11.11.14 AM.jpg

a while back someone did a minnesota wild naming runner up logo post and one of the runner up names was Minnesota northern lights. http://www.hockeywilderness.com/2016/11/24/13741032/ever-wonder-what-the-logo-would-be-if-it-wasnt-minnesota-wild

this logo was a mockup someone did for that post

minnesota_northern_lights_Stu.png

I wouldn't be surprised if Wolves did something like this wild concept logo but with a howling wolf in the foreground and the background sky as fill in the basketball ala the original logo or current secondary logo.

only 1 day left!

16 hours ago, BringBackTheVet said:

you owe me a nickel.

giphy.gif

On September 20, 2012 at 0:50 AM, 'CS85 said:

It's like watching the hellish undead creakily shuffling their way out of the flames of a liposuction clinic dumpster fire.

On February 19, 2012 at 9:30 AM, 'pianoknight said:

Story B: Red Wings go undefeated and score 100 goals in every game. They also beat a team comprised of Godzilla, the ghost of Abraham Lincoln, 2 Power Rangers and Betty White. Oh, and they played in the middle of Iraq on a military base. In the sand. With no ice. Santa gave them special sand-skates that allowed them to play in shorts and t-shirts in 115 degree weather. Jesus, Zeus and Buddha watched from the sidelines and ate cotton candy.

POTD 5/24/12POTD 2/26/17

On 3/22/2017 at 1:24 PM, Magic Dynasty said:

From the mothership's comments section...

IMG_0821.PNG

This was a quick mockup I did for someone on the RealGM boards a while ago. He had the concepts together, but it lacked a little polish. I was going to spend more time on tweaking it, but my daughter destroyed my laptop after grabbing it off of a table, and I never finished it. 

With that said, I think the official new logo will be much better. 

8 hours ago, jlentz823 said:

Apparently there were sneak peaks at a portion of the logo for wolves season ticket holders and one confirmed there will be a 4 pointed green north star in the logo. 

Also in the latest video there is an interesting mention of the northern lights as color inspiration. as well as a possible work mark and what looks like to be a head of of a front facing wolf. .

Screen Shot 2017-04-09 at 11.17.25 AM.jpg

Was this meeting held inside of a shipping container?  Must be really top secret. 

Well the Hawks' primary logo is solely red and white and look how the rest of their identity ended up with all of the volt... Let's just hope the Wolves didn't do something similar and go conservative with the neon in the logo while completely overdoing it with everything else.

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

56 minutes ago, Conrad. said:

That's just the Mariners logo with a wolf and a basketball

500px-Seattle_Mariners_logo.svg.png

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

7 minutes ago, rickyISking said:

Another roundel... yawn.

But I do love that they upgraded the alternate logo wolf to the primary, instead of abandoning it.

That's just a mockup by Conrad, and he noted that his source told him the wolf in the actual logo is rendered differently than in his mockup. So it's very possible that the wolf in the actual logo could have some noticeable differences from the wolf in their current secondary logo.

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

Archived