Established franchises that have never worn a throwback.

ColeJ

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 hours ago, Matito said:

That jersey is green, but that was the Single-A affiliate St. Petersburg Devil Rays. Tony Saunders injured his arm the first time in 1999 at Tropicana Field, wearing the home white uniform. (Side note: I was there that night. When they say that you could hear a pin drop in the stadium, they mean it. We were in a box suite next to his wife. Horrifying) When Saunders made a comeback attempt in 2000 with the SP Devil Rays, he broke it again, as seen above.

Thanks. So the minor league team had a green jersey then. 

Go A's!

18 hours ago, Matito said:

That jersey is green, but that was the Single-A affiliate St. Petersburg Devil Rays. Tony Saunders injured his arm the first time in 1999 at Tropicana Field, wearing the home white uniform. (Side note: I was there that night. When they say that you could hear a pin drop in the stadium, they mean it. We were in a box suite next to his wife. Horrifying) When Saunders made a comeback attempt in 2000 with the SP Devil Rays, he broke it again, as seen above.

So this image from uniform database referring to 1998 is wrong? I imagine this is what they, in their initial plans in 1995, were supposed to wear the first season... the ray cap with a purple bill at home and with a black bill on the road and the TB cap as an alternate that just happened to become the one they wore every day.

Click to go back

6 hours ago, SilverBullet1929 said:

So this image from uniform database referring to 1998 is wrong? I imagine this is what they, in their initial plans in 1995, were supposed to wear the first season... the ray cap with a purple bill at home and with a black bill on the road and the TB cap as an alternate that just happened to become the one they wore every day.

Click to go back

Correct. Unless it happened and there are no pictures of it on the Internet, the Ray logo cap was never worn, in all black or black/purple, until the throwback game in 2009.

3834694136_f375c335e2_o.jpg3833900697_df7864756a_o.jpg

55 minutes ago, worcat said:

I'm not sure if the Blues have ever worn a throwback but I'd actually enjoy seeing the 90's fire truck jerseys again.

3112455-defender-chris-pronger-of-the-stV0khLn3.jpg

They were part of the Vintage Series in the early 2000s

I'll respect any opinion that you can defend.

On May 17, 2016 at 8:50 AM, Ferdinand Cesarano said:

To me the Bengals have looked consistently terrible since that time -- varying degrees of terrible; but always terrible.

The last time that team looked decent was in 1980, before the arrival of the absurd stripes.

archie-griffin-of-the-cincinnati-bengals   bfe1a310c3227c990376fea88b6f03af.jpg   52477288-quarterback-ken-anderson-of-the

Ahhh, how nice.  Normal stripes.  A simple straightforward wordmark on the helmet.  This looks like an actual football uniform for adults, as opposed to the garish clown suits which the team has worn since the early 1980s.  If the Bengals ever do a throwback, it should be to this beautiful and dignified uniform.  

depositphotos_22659237-Grumpy-old-man.jp

On 5/20/2016 at 9:39 AM, Ferdinand Cesarano said:

Ridiculous.  I would never sport such an unsightly combover.

Bald and proud, yo.

Bald, proud AND have most of my teeth ( mostly white), not to mention a straighter back.

GET OFF MY LAWN!!!!

PersonDivided-2-1.png

Archived