ldconcepts' Defunct NHL Redesign (Seals added 7/10)

ldconcepts

The Jets looks good, nothing really to add. Am I correct in assuming they won't be doing a throwback alternate? I know the name was granted, as the NHL were owners of the 'yotes, at the time, but the history stayed with Arizona, right?

Thunder Bay Lynx - International Hockey Association (2 seasons, 2017-18, 2019-20, 2018 Xtreme Cup Champions)Houston Armadillos - Major League Hockey (2 seasons, 2016-18) | Minnesota Muskies - North American Basketball Association (1 season, 2017-2018) | Louisville Thoroughbreds - United League of Baseball (1 season, 2017, 2017 United Cup Champions) | Las Vegas Thunderbirds - International Basketball League (1 season, 2016-17, 2017 Champions) 

• Replies 207
  • Created
  • Last Reply
18 minutes ago, KittSmith_95 said:

I gotta odd one for this series:

The Hampton Roads Rhinos?

That's a cool idea... But they didn't unveil a logo, I'm not much of a logo guy. When I make my own logos, they're usually based off existing ones, such as my (North) Stars-Seals/Sharks concept.

Thanks for the interest though!

Nyzv9xS.png

Twitter: @ldconcepts / Instagram: @ld.concepts / Website

1 minute ago, ldconcepts said:

Wrong series... Look for "ldconcepts' NHL Expansion" ...

Ah. You see, as they're kinda that fringe team. They almost happened, but the league got cold feet. I get you placing them in the expansion slot though.

new_orleans_krewe_player_sig___qb_donny_

6 minutes ago, KittSmith_95 said:

Ah. You see, as they're kinda that fringe team. They almost happened, but the league got cold feet. I get you placing them in the expansion slot though.

I see what you mean. See the above edited post...

Nyzv9xS.png

11 minutes ago, ldconcepts said:

That's a cool idea... But they didn't unveil a logo, I'm not much of a logo guy. When I make my own logos, they're usually based off existing ones, such as my (North) Stars-Seals/Sharks concept.

Thanks for the interest though!

They actually did unveil a logo: (This is an edited version of said logo created by @hockey week on here for this:

And the logo itself:

PE7K3rz.png

Or

2614979390_636663429f_b.jpg

You can thank me later for being a huge digger on expansion stuff.

new_orleans_krewe_player_sig___qb_donny_

Sorry this series is slowing down. I'm getting to the last few teams.

On 7/8/2016 at 0:40 PM, BeerGuyJordan said:

The Jets looks good, nothing really to add. Am I correct in assuming they won't be doing a throwback alternate? I know the name was granted, as the NHL were owners of the 'yotes, at the time, but the history stayed with Arizona, right?

http://www.winnipegfreepress.com/local/true-north-buys-old-jets-logo-131123723.html

The history stays with Arizona, but it says in the above article that True North Sports, owner of the Jets, purchased the rights for the Jets 1.0 logo. Hope that helps.

Next up, one of my favourites of the series...

CALIFORNIA SEALS

California%20Seals%20Concept_zpszxondtjm

The Seals have had an, um, unique uniform history... Yup, full uniform... 

But they had some pretty good, original looks, that are tied together in this concept. I went with a double green scheme unique to the NHL, eyedropping the seafoam green from this.

The most unique and known look in their history was the teal and yellow swoopy stripes era, toned down for this concept. Adding to that look is a bolded Hurricanes font. This is one of the few logos that are so bad that they have to be used.

C&C Appreciated!

Nyzv9xS.png

The Seals concept is pretty nice! I'd make the logo on the green jersey white though, and it might be hard to distinguish from far away. The shoulders numbers are a nice touch. Overall, it looks like a very realistic rebrand that the Seals, if they were around today, would go through.  

You know what my favorite ring is? The next one.

-Tom Brady

Screen Shot 2016-07-07 at 7.51.09 PM.png

Archived