ldconcepts' Defunct NHL Redesign (Seals added 7/10)

ldconcepts

• Replies 207
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Next up, suggested by @darkpiranha, are the Blue Jackets.

COLUMBUS BLUE JACKETSColumbus%20Blue%20Jackets%20Concept_zpso

I feel like the Jackets' current unis are OK, but not exceptional. I kept the key parts, but added striping. On the home, it's inspired by the Ohio flag, as many Columbus concepts are, with a hint of grey to match the logo. On the away, the striping is inspired by the design used on their "March With Us" ad campaign. I also used the name/number font from their alt, which I find is superior.

C&C is appreciated! (Hopefully, @darkpiranha, this blows you away :)

Nyzv9xS.png

Twitter: @ldconcepts / Instagram: @ld.concepts / Website

3 minutes ago, ahowe6464 said:

I like them. I think I'd make all the stripes on the away red to match the home.

The thing is, I think the away is way better than the home, so it would be a downgrade in my opinion.

Nyzv9xS.png

1 hour ago, ldconcepts said:

The thing is, I think the away is way better than the home, so it would be a downgrade in my opinion.

On second thought, I agree. The away is much better. I think it just looks weird on the blue sleeves.

Guest darkpiranha

Nice!  Still not "blown away", but maybe that's not something that's possible with this team.  Pretty much every concept I've seen for Columbus has veered towards conservative.   Straight stripes, red/white/blue in configurations you'd expect, logo placed exactly as you'd expect.  I want to see an identity for the Blue Jackets that is iconic for them so that at the barest of glances, I know it's the blue Jackets.  Like the Canadiens, old-school Stars, Penguins, Red Wings.   Part of the problem, I think, is the color scheme. Blue is common enough that you have to really go outside the box to stand out.    That said, this is a great traditional look.  

I'll go ahead and post one of my "They'll never wear something like this until 2060" ideas.

NEW YORK RANGERS

New%20York%20Rangers%20Concept_zpshw2a2j

Based off their current classic away shoulder yoke. There isn't really a way to put their primary logo on a jersey unless it's on an alt, even then it's hard. I was a big fan of their Lady Liberty logo, but it looks even better with their normal colour scheme. For this series, I wanted the Rangers to get something new, and diagonal striping is the answer. This might be too crowded, so if you want anything to be removed, ask and comment away!

C&C appreciated!

Nyzv9xS.png

17 minutes ago, ahowe6464 said:

I hope that they stick to their current unis even in 2060, no offense. While they are unrealistic as can be, they are really good and the blue would be an amazing alternate.

My thoughts exactly. I pushed myself in this series to touch the untouchable, which you'll see soon.

Nyzv9xS.png

Thanks everyone! For most untouchables, I tried to do something completely different. I mean, we're all tired of having the exact same Rangers and Blackhawks tweaks, aren't we? ;)

On to the next.

ARIZONA COYOTES

Arizona%20Coyotes%20Concept_zpsvlq4jcfq.

At the draft, I felt like the 'Yotes completely bombed their redesign, and thought that their simple pre-Edge/Edge were the best they've ever worn. But those were too simple. On the ice, I'm warming up more and more to Arizona's look. I tried to balance elements from all their eras: the character, the simplicity, and the addition of black. Also, I added their sand colour to the set, which along with the font (thank you @Conrad.), gives it more character.

C&C appreciated!

Nyzv9xS.png

I feel like alot of the uniforms have a forced color on the bottom/ducktail. I've always believed that uniforms should have the same color on the bottom of the jersey as the same color as the bottom on the cuffs on the arms

bleedblue-1.png

Bleeding Blue since 1986

Archived