Liga Nacional de Béisbol (National Baseball League): a fantasy Spanish Baseball League (24/24 + Colour Schemes)

Victormrey

4 hours ago, coco1997 said:

Orange and purple is different from anything in MLB or this series so far so I'd say go for it. Looking back on the other teams you've done, it seems that you've made a good effort to give each team a unique identity and not overuse certain colors. Having said that, I would welcome more gold/yellow in the remaining concepts. 

Thanks for the feedback. Glad you mention the gold/yellow colour, some of the remaining teams are going to feature it ;)

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

After a few break days, let's continue with the series.

MOZÁRABES DE CÓRDOBA (CÓRDOBA MOZARABS)

Córdoba, Andalusia

The Mozarabs were Iberian Christians who lived under Moorish rule in Al-Andalus, and one of the main Mozarab communities was in Córdoba, that's why I chose the name of "Mozárabes". The logo is an stylized M surrounded by a C.

The colours chosen are dark purple (taken from the Córdoba Province flag) and orange.

The home uniform is white, the road uniform is grey and the alternate is dark purple and orange.

Liga Nacional de Beisbol Mozarabes de Cordoba Home Uniform.png

Liga Nacional de Beisbol Mozarabes de Cordoba Road Uniform.png

Liga Nacional de Beisbol Mozarabes de Cordoba Alt Uniform.png

Nice to see a new team after a few days' break!

I like the color scheme a lot, but as with the Highlanders, I think you might need to find a more realistic font. I can't see this working on a professional baseball team.

1 hour ago, coco1997 said:

Nice to see a new team after a few days' break!

I like the color scheme a lot, but as with the Highlanders, I think you might need to find a more realistic font. I can't see this working on a professional baseball team.

Thank you. About the font, I wanted to use an Arab-inspired font, and after discarding a few ones, I think this was the best looking font. Nevertheless, I'll keep on searching fonts to find a better one.

3 minutes ago, Victormrey said:

That's just perfect! The designs have been updated.

Thanks for helping!

That looks much better! Now that I think about it, how would the "CORDOBA" look arched like the "MOZARABES?" I'm not saying it would necessarily be better, I'm just curious how it would look.

7 minutes ago, coco1997 said:

That looks much better! Now that I think about it, how would the "CORDOBA" look arched like the "MOZARABES?" I'm not saying it would necessarily be better, I'm just curious how it would look.

Thanks. This is how it'd look like:

Mozarabes de Cordoba Test.png

I think it's fine as well, but I prefer to use different wordmark styles on the home and road uniforms ;)

34 minutes ago, Victormrey said:

Thanks. This is how it'd look like:

Mozarabes de Cordoba Test.png

I think it's fine as well, but I prefer to use different wordmark styles on the home and road uniforms ;)

Yep, the non-arched wordmark looks fine as is. :)

Let's start with the last 4 teams!

EMPERADORES DE TOLEDO (TOLEDO EMPERORS)

Toledo, Castile and León

Toledo is known as the "Imperial City" for having been the main venue of the court of Charles I, that's why I chose the name of "Emperadores" (Emperors). The primary logo is an E and T put together and stylized, while the secondary logo is inspired by the Grand Cross of the Civil Order of Alfonso X, King who was born in Toledo.

The colours chosen are crimson and gold, taken from the city flag.

The home and road uniforms use the traditional white and grey, while the alternate uniform is crimson and yellow.

Liga Nacional de Beisbol Emperadores de Toledo Home Uniform.png

Liga Nacional de Beisbol Emperadores de Toledo Road Uniform.png

Liga Nacional de Beisbol Emperadores de Toledo Alt Uniform.png

2 hours ago, coco1997 said:

Love those colors! I looked up the Toledo flag a few days ago and I was hoping you'd use burgundy. That logo is great, too.

For the road, I would arch the letters so that they're not angled inward, similar to this Brewers wordmark: http://www.sportslogos.net/logos/view/hu3ym4rv1rf7h4zifgm92nqaf/Milwaukee_Brewers/2006/Jersey_Logo

That's a great idea! I've never used that kind of wordmark before, and it looks nice.

The design has been updated.

13 hours ago, Jvhn177 said:

The cap logo should be switched to the chest for the home and alt and the chest logo should be the permanent cap logo

Actually that's what I did at the beginning, but I decided to use something different, and not using the monogram on the cap (except for the road uniform), in order to distinguish it from the other teams.

Let's continue with the "Maños"!

LEONES DE ZARAGOZA (ZARAGOZA LIONS)

Zaragoza, Aragon

The reason behind the name is easy: the city flag. The primary logo (from the caps) is a L and a Z put together, and the secondary (from the alt uniform) is the head of a lion.

The colours chosen are red and yellow, which are also taken form the Zaragoza flag.

The home uniform is white, the road uniform is grey (using the wordmark "ZGZ", which is the abbreviation of the city name) and the alternate is off-white and burgundy, looking for a retro look.

Liga Nacional de Beisbol Leones de Zaragoza Home Uniform.png

Liga Nacional de Beisbol Leones de Zaragoza Road Uniform.png

Liga Nacional de Beisbol Leones de Zaragoza Alt Uniform.png

Archived