OHL Sudbury Wolves logo redesign concept

Quackcom

Hey Folks,

I thought I would do a redesign for the Sudbury Wolves logo, who hasn't wanted to, right? 

While working on this, the old Texas Avery wolf won me over with it's total disregard of good taste. Poorly executed with the bloody teeth, crossed eyes and terrible typography, it will almost be a shame when it finally does get redone. 

Full project here:

https://www.behance.net/gallery/37044075/Sudbury-Wolves-logo-design-concept

sudury_wolvers_logo1.jpg

sudury_wolvers_logo3.png

Fantastic job on the wolf rendering. That looks amazing. Some nitpicks are with the roundel logo. I don't like how the head sort of just floats there. Also I don't really think the moon details are necessary. I might ditch the roundel all together because the wordmark floating on top doesn't really work either. 

I think the wordmark itself is good though. I think the W could be improved by having the two ends form fangs to match the wolf logo, instead of three sharp ends. regardless this is such an improvement over their current logo, great job. 

I agree with what uniguy22 said.

I'd also suggest moving the gray outline around WOLVES to the back layer just to make the overall logo cleaner. The wolf has a lot of good personality but the position of the black tip of the nose looks off. If you slide it to the left more that might do the trick. Lastly, there's nothing wrong with a roundel logo, but in this case the black roundel with SUDBURY really dominates the composition and takes attention away from the wolf, which should be the focal point. If there is any way to increase the size of the wolf in comparison to the roundel or to just get rid of the roundel all together and place SUDBURY elsewhere, that could be worth exploring.

18 hours ago, jaha32 said:

I agree with what uniguy22 said.

I'd also suggest moving the gray outline around WOLVES to the back layer just to make the overall logo cleaner. The wolf has a lot of good personality but the position of the black tip of the nose looks off. If you slide it to the left more that might do the trick. Lastly, there's nothing wrong with a roundel logo, but in this case the black roundel with SUDBURY really dominates the composition and takes attention away from the wolf, which should be the focal point. If there is any way to increase the size of the wolf in comparison to the roundel or to just get rid of the roundel all together and place SUDBURY elsewhere, that could be worth exploring.

Absolutely agree.

Never argue with an idiot! They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.––George Carlin

Archived