What the Alouettes really need...IMO.

OliverP

This is what I think the Alouettes need, considering their jerseys. The current ones are a mess and I really don't wanna rant about how sth that messy and unprofessional can be assigned and left for years untouched, to a great big team like the Montreal Alouettes. 

The design is simple, I kept the current team's colors, knocked out the silver from the pants, and only left it on the helmet. I was inspired by their 1974 unis, that they rocked for 6-7 years, seen here as a throwback:

montreal_alouettes_2010_grey_cup_champions.jpg

Anyway, this is the concept, tell me what you think. :)

Home:

alouettes_home.png

Away:

alouettes_away.png

I'm okay with the silver helmets--as long as it's a pale silver--but it looks much cleaner & fits together better than what they have now.

Comic Sans walks into a bar, and the bartender says, "Sorry, we don't serve your type here."

Sorry, I have to disagree that the current jerseys are a mess. I think they're one of the best looking jerseys out there right now. But you are entitled to your own opinion, and when it comes to design and art in gerneral, less is more.

12 hours ago, Tygers09 said:

Sorry, I have to disagree that the current jerseys are a mess. I think they're one of the best looking jerseys out there right now. But you are entitled to your own opinion, and when it comes to design and art in gerneral, less is more.

That is the main reason I made these. I really don't think that one can describe the current set as less, there is to much going on with the outlines on the numbers, silver outline on the white panels and HUGE wordmarks on both jerseys. I feel like they have been out for a very long time and we just got used to looking at them, and naturally, people are afraid of change, so they decide to leave them as is (literally nothing has changed on the new ones). 

Also, people associate the current set with the great success in the league the team has had playing in those jerseys, so that is one more reason why they are praised by everyone.

Archived