Sports Mantras

Sk2k

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The Toronto Argonauts have used "Pull together" for, oh, about fourteen or so decades now.

The Blue Jays (and, to a lesser extent, the Raptors) use "Canada's team" a lot (both explicitly and implicitly). 

SigggggII_zps101350a9.png

Nobody cares about your humungous-big signature. 

PotD: 29/1/12

9 hours ago, teddthebucfan said:

So, wait around for your opponent to die from another predator and then feast on what remains of its corpse?

That's just called being efficient.  Let someone else do the hard work.

Most Liked Content of the Day -- February 15, 2017, August 21, 2017, August 22, 2017     /////      Proud Winner of the CCSLC Post of the Day Award -- April 8, 2008

Originator of the Upside Down Sarcasm Smilie -- November 1, 2005  🙃

13 hours ago, BigBubba said:

The Toronto Argonauts have used "Pull together" for, oh, about fourteen or so decades now.

The Blue Jays (and, to a lesser extent, the Raptors) use "Canada's team" a lot (both explicitly and implicitly). 

Raptors have also grabbed on to "We the North"

3 hours ago, dont care said:

God I hate that one, grammatically incorrect, and they aren't even the most northern team.

If We The North is grammatically incorrect, then the Declaration of Independence must really irritate you.

1 hour ago, Sykotyk said:

If We The North is grammatically incorrect, then the Declaration of Independence must really irritate you.

so now we're comparing generic cookie cutter slogans to the Declaration of Independence

2 hours ago, Sykotyk said:

Um, I believe you're thinking of the Constitution.

Also, "we" is a correct pronoun for "people."  It's not a correct pronoun for "North" . . . because "North" doesn't refer to people!

Most Liked Content of the Day -- February 15, 2017, August 21, 2017, August 22, 2017     /////      Proud Winner of the CCSLC Post of the Day Award -- April 8, 2008

Even "We, the People" only really makes sense in the context of the larger sentence. We the North doesn't have any context that I'm aware of; it just kinda dangles out there.

10 minutes ago, McCarthy said:

Don't try to make sense of it. It means "we are the north" and Drake thought it was cooler if you lose "are". That's all there is to it and it is dumb. 

Oh, I know what he/they were going for.  As you said . . . it is dumb.

On May 19, 2016 at 11:25 AM, leopard88 said:

Oh, I know what he/they were going for.  As you said . . . it is dumb.

Northern Uprising was so much cooler.

GO OILERS-GO BLUE JAYS-GO ESKIMOS-GO COLTS

Does this count?

buckle-up-orioles-banner.jpg

Archived