Your dream uniform match-ups (that never happened)

youcan'tseeme

Searched and didn't see a topic like this (delete if there is one). What are some dream match-ups that never happened, whether do to uniform changes, franchise relocation, special event/one off uniform, etc..

I myself would've loved to see the the 92 Whalers (dark) vs the 74 Golden Seals (white).

As well as the classic Nordiques against this past seasons Canadiens Winter Classic! 

What are some of yours for any sport?

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.png

untitled-6.jpg

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Imagine if the A's had never changed from their 1973-1980 set (the 1972 version was different).

b7ba53a963fbf9ace63e247f8b38eb04.jpgreggie2A.jpg67bae1b197cb0437e45f6d1e326a1725.jpg

It would have been great to see them against the Blue Jays at their height, the 1989-1996 set.

joe_carter_1993_03_01.jpg display_image.jpg george-bell.jpg

Still, even with the A's having abandoned their greatest uniforms, whenever those teams got together in the 1989-1996 period, it was pretty glorious.

john-olerud.jpg  october-19-1992-sports-illustrated-cover

jul-1992-derek-bell-of-the-toronto-blue-baseball-al-playoffs-oakland-athletics-m

logo-diamonds-for-CC-no-photo-sig.png

How has a color-vs-color matchup not happened here yet?

hi-res-7642522_crop_north.jpg?w=630&h=42adolphus-washington.jpg

UyDgMWP.jpg

5th in NAT. TITLES  |  2nd in CONF. TITLES  |  5th in HEISMAN |  7th in DRAFTS |  8th in ALL-AMER  |  7th in WINS  |  4th in BOWLS |  1st in SELLOUTS  |  1st GAMEDAY SIGN

Maryland vs North Carolina used to be my favorite matchup of colors in ACC football. Unfortunately with UMD joining the B1G Ten a matchup featuring both teams' latest uniforms likely won't happen.

marylandUA2012_crop_north.jpeg?w=600&h=4

6_3563487.png

Hotter Than July > Thriller

SB40.  It was supposed to be the Home Team Stealers in Black/Yellow, and the Road Seahawks in White/White.  It would have looked grand indoors in Detroit.  But Cowher felt lucky in white. Cursed us with bad luck.  

Alright, alright, get this:

32tfs723a3bes0p0hb4hgcy1u.gifat 64.gif Winter Classic

Wearing this:

4cxeqwf4o3ykm2eds9er4nr9g.gif vs jaemga78nbn19vz7k7fsgjtg7.gif

The twist: WHO IS THE TRUE HOME TEAM? The team from Colorado? Or the team wearing Colorado? 

It's the closest to a hockey jersey mind game parodox you can get! Mwuahaha!

Technically it might've happened,

CaYwGbXUcAAV-l6.jpg

But not quite like this! Winter Classic? Call it a Mind Game! 

I'll respect any opinion that you can defend.

4 hours ago, joey joe joe jr. shabadoo said:

slilly_eagles_10-9-1966_edited.jpg?itok=d

Not a fan of either team but this is a beautiful matchup to me. The Eagles reached a timeless level of perfection here. If they stuck with it their current uniforms would have reached Colts/Raiders/Bears level of reverence.

Large shoulder pads and sleeves really make football uniforms look great

I don't think you get what this thread is about?

Not a fan of either team but this is a beautiful matchup to me. The Eagles reached a timeless level of perfection here. If they stuck with it their current uniforms would have reached Colts/Raiders/Bears level of reverence.

Large shoulder pads and sleeves really make football uniforms look great

I don't think you get what this thread is about?

lol thats ok.let him think outside the box,bro

10 hours ago, Zeus89725 said:

As a kid, I always wanted to see this happen. It might not be the best uniform matchup ever, but I've always had a soft spot for the Fishsticks jerseys and think it'd be a really interesting matchup.

islanders-fisherman-player-2.jpg

Joe_sakic.jpg

I would love to see more color vs. color matchups in hockey, but I wonder if this would work. It's dark blue vs. dark red and it might be a bit difficult to see the difference at times. This is especially true when watching on a 90's TV.

How about fish sticks vs. this monstrosity. There would be a real nice color clash and the game would feel extremely 90's. Blare some Spice Girls from the speakers and it's perfect in a so bad it's good sort of way.

GettyImages-275696.0.jpg

Archived